Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term storage  (Read 417 times)
RKD8OHQI0N3S83 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:04:32 AM

I read all kind of things here and also the fact that blockchain.info wallet isn't open source anymore. I'm kind of noob still with crypto-currencies but I would advise anyone that will be away from his keyboard for a while to get all their coins from online wallets to official local wallets as no one can predict what will happen the next day.

Also It's very easy to imagine Google news with pages of titles going like: "Biggest money heist of the century - The largest online wallet goes offline, thousands of wallets gone!"

I'm sure 99% of crypto-currencies websites want to do honnest business but who are they? Where are they? Most of the domain whois lead to people. Not companies with a headquarter. Its not a bad thing Its good that for once the people have control instead of corporations but I'm afraid that someone somewhere will abuse the machine and scare everyone out of it and make us all go back to banks and pay fees again.
scarlez

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:29:35 AM

Correct.. Keep your savings in legal wallets and make lots of copy. Holding coins online is good only for trading and after you are done with your stuff (let's say u got enough profit you'd like) move your profit which you don't use for trading out of the internet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: