Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:41:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of the Internet.  (Read 2982 times)
jdbtracker (OP)

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:36:37 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 04:55:38 AM by jdbtracker

We have constructed a fantastic network of networks, and even virtual networks within networks. Things have come such a long way from where things began back in 1995 when the controls over access to the Internet were dissolved.

The combined intelligence that this internet has provided us is tremendous, I now can learn any subject I want from anywhere in the world with a mobile device, get updates on my friends and family; I have seen the Internet Democratize broadcasting, turning it into the greatest repository of knowledge ever created, but what about creation, true collaboration and access to any program required from anywhere?

This is the future.

I began checking out the forum at mozilla when I found out about Firefox OS, it seemed incredible; I understood the concept so deep, powerful, run anything from anywhere.
I looked into the details behind Boot2Gecko and it's underlying components, Gonk Linux, Gecko, and Gaia... all compiled to JavaScript! What the hell.

If you wish to experience the shock and contemplate the possibilities that this new perspective can do, go here, to the emscripten github page.

https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki
You'll find a few very impressive demos of compilers and video game engines compiled to asm.js, the extension of JavaScript they are using. I can't believe we had this technology available this whole time, someone just had to see it in the right light.

The possibilities that I see are access to a Cryptocoin wallet with direct connectivity to anyone in the world as many of them as you want whenever running from the browser on any platform.

Instant access for anyone to any software without ever having to compile it for any other platform... just one, HTML 5.

Distributed 3D applications, whether it is a GIMP clone or a 3d application running locally or distributedly, hell maybe a massive ad hoc Hadoop cluster running on yarn to create a distributedly rendered video game accessible from anywhere.

So do you have any ideas? Thought of any possibilities that can be made possible by this democratization of access to tools, services, and new forms of collaboration, like distributed computation platforms that anyone can contribute algorithms too; How long do you think before someone starts creating massive scientific simulations on a platform that is as easy to use as typing in a URL.

Who would have thought that the Future's killer app would be the Internet, it was there this whole time.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:24:52 AM

There will be changes in turn the world upside down

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:36:55 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 08:49:43 PM by jdbtracker

It is the advent of an economic upheaval equal to that of the Industrial Revolution. What is possible now was impossible just a few decades ago.

Everyone will benefit from this thanks to Bitcoin, You can now pay for secure services and software straight off of your browser, subscribe to services directly through the internet, setup any service at the click of a button, Of course many industries will die, others will adapt and change, some we have never seen before.

It will be positive to adapt to this new paradigm.

The propagation of programs and services will be greatly disrupted because of this, no need for proprietary steam like software, Free programs will propagate faster more easily, Pay per service programs will use Cryptocurrency for quick spur of the moment content purchases, Internet 2.0-3.0 functionality and re-mixability of programs, direct human to human services with commonly used platforms that run along side all programs(the repairman digitally comes to you, distributed jobs), no need to download software just run it off the web from any browser... The changes are going to be monumental

But the downside... the redistribution of legacy services and their imminent death. It will be a bad decade for a lot of people who can't adapt fast enough...

Enter the Bitcoin(Litecoin,Peercoin,Freicoin) and all the cryptocurrencies that can monetize any action or value possible, Devtome for writers, developers, artists; Franko's for social engineering efforts, Namecoin for distributed internet access, Tagbond reward points, Curecoin biological research, Ripple distributed exchange, Primecoin prime search and many more that I cannot think of, the redistribution of wealth is going to be interesting.

Much of the technology to create truly monumental social change has already been built by many organizations around the world like the Apache Software Foundation, building Enterprise software to provide better services to global customers, Mozilla, giving people across the world access to possibilities they may never of had without them, Google, building phenomenal services for everyone not to mention some excellent opensource software, the NoSQL movement creating some really scalable databases with amazing capabilities, and not to mention all the opensource/hardware  movements everywhere...  What will we not be able to contribute to? What will we not be able to build?

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:43:37 AM

It is the advent of an economic upheaval equal to that of the Industrial Revolution. What is possible now was impossible just a few decades ago.

Everyone will benefit from this thanks to Bitcoin, You can now pay for secure services and software straight off of your browser, subscribe to services directly through the internet, setup any service at the click of a button, Of course many industries will die, others will adapt and change, some we have never seen before.

It will be positive to adapt to this new paradigm.

And many will have their coins stolen. Doing everything in your browser with javascript is great technology, but not a great way to store coins.
Dimitry123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:51:31 AM

The Internet is fun,anything can happen there
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:11:39 PM

I came up with another idea, a direct connect Artificial Intelligence, just go to a website download the client and run it to join a voluntary A.I botnet, that would be pretty cool; Could test different types of designs to see which ones work better. Hell it's only a matter of time before someone builds a web based Hadoop Cluster, which automatically sets you up with the cluster, They can virtualize Storage, Memory and CPU at the moment, just add support for add on cards and you have a pretty crazy setup capable of acting as one massive computer.

I'm looking forward to seeing a market place for distributed computation. It would be hard to setup but once built it's live for everyone in the world.

So well be able to build Distributed Computing platforms, deployable directly from the web.

F@H one click away, always up to date, synchronized for massive parallel computing... A Folding Pool.

Distributed work using computers. We will connect our computers to any project that needs our computing power, voluntarily or for payment fully configured as easy to contribute as typing in a URL.

Distributed Human to Human Intelligence platform, post questions in a massive system that connects all Q&A website, data mining the knowledge of all humanity, and adding your questions to its massive database for predictive answering, cause if it's been asked once it'll probably be asked again...

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:28:04 PM

There is also a dystopian future for the Internet straight out of Goerge Orwell's 1984. This dystopian Internet will be powered by DRM, propriety software, and large "premium" content providers. Let us not forget that Apple has already placed millions of telescreens in the hands of unsuspecting citizens worldwide. They are called iPads and iPhones. Microsoft is also placing telescreens in the form of Windows 8 RT tablets.

Take a look at the list of supporters of SOPA and PIPA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organizations_with_official_stances_on_the_SOPA_and_PIPA. They are fighting for an Orwellian dystopian Internet. Keep also an eye on those supporters that backed off when it got to hot.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:03:19 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 09:23:02 PM by jdbtracker

There is also a dystopian future for the Internet straight out of Goerge Orwell's 1984. This dystopian Internet will be powered by DRM, propriety software, and large "premium" content providers. Let us not forget that Apple has already placed millions of telescreens in the hands of unsuspecting citizens worldwide. They are called iPads and iPhones. Microsoft is also placing telescreens in the form of Windows 8 RT tablets.

Take a look at the list of supporters of SOPA and PIPA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organizations_with_official_stances_on_the_SOPA_and_PIPA. They are fighting for an Orwellian dystopian Internet. Keep also an eye on those supporters that backed off when it got to hot.

Quite possibly, we can't forget the dark side of the equation: The advent of instantly accessible devices from anywhere, mass surveillance through hacking peoples web devices, when everything is connected to the internet, even your refrigirator is spying on you. But of course people don't like that and hopefully strong enough controls are put in so that people can decide to opt in instead of having to opt out of a enterprise data gathering operation.

massive Botnets of course now have much easier access to cameras and microphones, gps data gathering, computational processing, malicious data mining.

Processing power hijackings for massively cordinated attacks, phishing for the 21st century.

When you consider that there are 17 yottaflops worth of processing power on earth... you begin to see the scope of the problem...That is a massive UltraComputer.

Yottaflop = 10^24 FLOPS
 compared to
Petaflops = 10^18 FLOPS

Thats a lot of zeroes, for perspective you should read this article on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLOPS

Folding@Home and Boinc are already distributedly computing 10 Petaflops regularly and the biggest single supercomputers are currently running at 54 petaflops(Tianhe-2), Cray has said that they will probably be able to build a Exaflop level computer in 2019, what if a year from now we can use the resources of 17 Yottaflops of processing power? There's a lot of good and evil that can be done with that.

What if someone launches a phishing attack against computer time contributors and directs it towards building a virus that mutates or zombifies people? just like some Funguses do in the wild?

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:13:00 PM

Future internet is all about ultra fast speeds and better security. Crypto currency transactions will take (microseconds) and 4k video streaming will be the norm.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

Quite possibly, we can't forget the dark side of the equation: The advent of instantly accessible devices from anywhere, mass surveillance through hacking peoples web devices, when everything is connected to the internet, even your refrigirator is spying on you. But of course people don't like that and hopefully strong enough controls are put in so that people can decide to opt in instead of having to opt out of a enterprise data gathering operation.

massive Botnets of course now have much easier access to cameras and microphones, gps data gathering, computational processing, malicious data mining.

Processing power hijackings for massively cordinated attacks, phishing for the 21st century.

When you consider that there are 17 yottaflops worth of processing power on earth... you begin to see the scope of the problem...That is a massive UltraComputer.

Yottaflop = 10^24 FLOPS
 compared to
Petaflops = 10^18 FLOPS

Thats a lot of zeroes, for perspective you should read this article on wikipedia.

Folding@Home and Boinc are already distributedly computing 10 Petaflops regularly and the biggest single supercomputers are currently running at 54 petaflops(Tianhe-2), Cray has said that they will probably be able to build a Exaflop level computer in 2019, what if a year from now we can use the resources of 17 Yottaflops of processing power? There's a lot of good and evil that can be done with that.

What if someone launches a phishing attack against computer time contributors and directs it towards building a virus that mutates or zombifies people? just like some Funguses do in the wild?

Most spying on individuals by large corporations and as a result by governments is a result of people opting in. People choose to upload their intimate details to Facebook, people choose to purchase a Windows 8 RT tablet or an iPad. People choose to upload sensitive data unencrypted to cloud services, people choose to run Windows instead of GNU/Linux, people will choose to support the NFL, a strong supporter of SOPA, during the upcoming super-bowl, etc. Then when a government agency, such as the NSA in the US, takes advantage of people's poor choices, people collectively cry foul.

Opt in is not the answer, awareness and action in the marketplace is.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:10:00 AM

Yottaflop = 10^24 FLOPS
 compared to
Petaflops = 10^18 FLOPS

Most spying on individuals by large corporations and as a result by governments is a result of people opting in. People choose to upload their intimate details to Facebook, people choose to purchase a Windows 8 RT tablet or an iPad. People choose to upload sensitive data unencrypted to cloud services, people choose to run Windows instead of GNU/Linux, people will choose to support the NFL, a strong supporter of SOPA, during the upcoming super-bowl, etc. Then when a government agency, such as the NSA in the US, takes advantage of people's poor choices, people collectively cry foul.

Opt in is not the answer, awareness and action in the marketplace is.

I agree to an extent, but if people didn't upload their data, the NSA would just use malware to steal it anyway. And yes, people choose Windows instead of GNU/Linux, but that will take a long time to change for the masses. You can't expect the masses to understand encryption. Most people these days can hardly write or add up.
SprichtZarathustra

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:33:11 AM

I feel you & agree. Internet will see a level-up soon. It's already in our imagination.
I think it will need the parameters P2P + encryption.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:26:18 PM

I feel you & agree. Internet will see a level-up soon. It's already in our imagination.
I think it will need the parameters P2P + encryption.

A level up that is easy to use. That's all.
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:48:13 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 08:00:24 PM by jdbtracker

The level up will be extreme with the availability of all the OpenSource software, This is the Singularity, the explosion in knowledge that will happen yet is going to be beyond our ability to comprehend.

Many of the tools simply have to be compiled to a Low Level Virtual Machine, a assembly VM. So much that was accomplished by asm.js, the Javascript version used, was done by optimizing low level assembly instructions, how powerful is that? they were able to use machine learning algorithms to fine tune the assembly code used; Most of the improvements that may come now may come from programming languages that are not even humanly readable or programmable, they won't even be static languages, the languages will dynamically adjust at the machine level.

But speaking on it's effect in society these programs used to build a instaclick installation is possible, just by using this software.

Hadoop: A distributed file system, that optimizes for server location. Part of it is the new MapReduce 2.0 architecture which introduces cpu and memory processing, working on the same system it can virtualze millions of work loads spread over the same cluster. It is hard to program for but with libraries like Twill that simplify the distribution process it becomes a lot easier.
   There are even many other components that make it a distributed operating system, truly remarkable. Zookeeper a distributed node synchronization agent: it makes sure everything is running and on the same page, Kafka: a node messaging service, Cassandra: distributed database with infinite scalability,Apache Hive: stored data mining, Neo4j: graphical graphing, giraph: data graphing, Mahout: Machine learning library and many other components of the Apache Foundations software; Once virtualized it can be a single click to deploy over a website for anyone to join. maybe even monetarily compensated for it.

And that is not even the full list, this is just the ones I have focused on for the last while, researching about distributed computing, any software can now be deployed over the web... downright amazing, It doesn't even have to be open, it could be propriatery just give people access to it over the web, mind blowing, takes a good shot out of the DRM.

The advent of infinitely scalable programs is here, Anything you now program has a chance at running on a 17 Yottaflop Ultracomputer, Just depends on how much people believe in your program.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:23:28 AM

The level up will be extreme with the availability of all the OpenSource software, This is the Singularity, the explosion in knowledge that will happen yet is going to be beyond our ability to comprehend.

Many of the tools simply have to be compiled to a Low Level Virtual Machine, a assembly VM. So much that was accomplished by asm.js, the Javascript version used, was done by optimizing low level assembly instructions, how powerful is that? they were able to use machine learning algorithms to fine tune the assembly code used; Most of the improvements that may come now may come from programming languages that are not even humanly readable or programmable, they won't even be static languages, the languages will dynamically adjust at the machine level.

But speaking on it's effect in society these programs used to build a instaclick installation is possible, just by using this software.

Hadoop: A distributed file system, that optimizes for server location. Part of it is the new MapReduce 2.0 architecture which introduces cpu and memory processing, working on the same system it can virtualze millions of work loads spread over the same cluster. It is hard to program for but with libraries like Twill that simplify the distribution process it becomes a lot easier.
   There are even many other components that make it a distributed operating system, truly remarkable. Zookeeper a distributed node synchronization agent: it makes sure everything is running and on the same page, Kafka: a node messaging service, Cassandra: distributed database with infinite scalability,Apache Hive: stored data mining, Neo4j: graphical graphing, giraph: data graphing, Mahout: Machine learning library and many other components of the Apache Foundations software; Once virtualized it can be a single click to deploy over a website for anyone to join. maybe even monetarily compensated for it.

And that is not even the full list, this is just the ones I have focused on for the last while, researching about distributed computing, any software can now be deployed over the web... downright amazing, It doesn't even have to be open, it could be propriatery just give people access to it over the web, mind blowing, takes a good shot out of the DRM.

The advent of infinitely scalable programs is here, Anything you now program has a chance at running on a 17 Yottaflop Ultracomputer, Just depends on how much people believe in your program.

You write so much, you are obviously very enthusiastic but ..... its long diving into a novel reading one of your posts. Lots of info in there though, great content Smiley
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:02:38 AM

very enthusiastic, i'm hoping someone will read what I know and try to build it. Things are not moving fast enough for me, it's nice to have other people thinking about it as well, so anyone can create and expand these ideas. I've seen so much technology in the labs, but it takes years for anyone to see it, some never gets seen again, just an article in a scientific magazine... I hope this new turn of events forces companies to bring out their goodies just to be competitive.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:57:27 PM

Also, Rule 34.

Just Sayin'  Wink

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:25:53 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 03:47:25 PM by jdbtracker

Also, Rule 34.

Just Sayin'  Wink

Yes, techno porn, We will create a massive parallel simulation of the human body, Scientifically accurate down to the atom; We could have celebrities avatars, people could even sell their likeness to be simulated. A advancement on Second life,  It will be called Third life and we will be pluggin into it Matrix style.

The morals of society could be drastically re-arranged, Our society may further be stratified because of this new advancement in pornography. There has been a growing trend among humanity of singleness, no longer do some people identify themselves as just heterosexual or homosexual, they are choosing to be Asexual, single, on purpose.
  I can see this trend growing, having seen the disappointment of real humans it could bring about new paradigms like the growing trend of casual sex websites, but when people can go fulfill their fantasy with their preferred mate in a virtual reality why go to such sites. Unenhanced humans may be at a disadvantage, dwindling human population numbers and possibly bringing about new trends in Human cloning and Eugenics, without speaking of the behavioral changes that this will cause; A noticeable down trend in morals should be noticed as people try to adapt and compete with the new technology.

luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:12:01 PM

jdbtracker wow you write good. It seem you have highly researched before typing after all I 100% agree with every word wrote. You have made a great prediction about internet with clearly stated logical reasons. Thanks for sharing your quality views with us. And shall be waiting for more predictions from your side.
jdbtracker (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:21:58 PM

jdbtracker wow you write good. It seem you have highly researched before typing after all I 100% agree with every word wrote. You have made a great prediction about internet with clearly stated logical reasons. Thanks for sharing your quality views with us. And shall be waiting for more predictions from your side.

I'm always glad to share, Just want society to be better instead of the intentional dumbing down that is occuring now; I do not believe people wish to be slaves to society or to the economy, people want to be free as we once were thousands of years ago, but without the brutality of nature.

We have the technology so lets put our minds together and use it to bring about a true Utopia, a world were peoples' true wants and needs are met and are not exploited by the desires and purposes of others... unless your into that kind of thing.

and yeah, I've been researching this in my free time for a long time, gotta pay my dues to society you know, so can't focus on it much.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: