Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most profitable CPU coin to mine?  (Read 5521 times)
rwessels (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:21:32 AM

I was doing XPM and then moved to PTS.  When the diff rose on PTS I went back to XPM.  Now that it is 10+, I am looking for somewhere else to point my 27 dell servers from ebay.

I swear at one point there was a link for a CPU version of coinchoose, but I remember the numbers just didn't look right.

So what are the thoughts on the best ones to mine CURRENTLY?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:24:54 AM

I am mining Datacoin cause i believe it is undervalued. Only 1 month out with about 1.5m coins out. Currently at 0.5 Dollars per coin.

Others are mining memory coin which is new but also very difficult
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:30:48 AM

a most profitable CPU coin list on a site would sure come in handy

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:38:02 AM

I also think Datacoin is probably best. 

The devs are good and it has a very strong community supporting it.  The diff isn't much lower than XPM or PTS but I think Datacoin has a better chance of taking off than either of those two.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:34:05 AM

I also think Datacoin is probably best. 

The devs are good and it has a very strong community supporting it.  The diff isn't much lower than XPM or PTS but I think Datacoin has a better chance of taking off than either of those two.

Well for some reason i find mining Datacoin really easier than XPM or PTS and i tried both. But indeed diff is near them.

I also support that it is more probable to take off since the other two have already done so.

The only problem datacoin has right now is that people dont know it yet.
btc-mike

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:07:25 AM

Haven't done any calculations but here is a list of the CPU coins:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379601.0
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:35:17 AM

Surely it is Bernonkoin (BEK), because it is at starting stage, very low difficulty and easy to mine large number of coins even with normal PC.

And BEK have some unique features, which will lead this coin to one of TOP Coins soon.

Don't miss the train.
nSuper

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:26:17 AM

I found proto to be more profitable than prime but I could be wrong as I havn't been mining with the cpu recently.
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:29:49 PM

But Bernankoin have basically almost constant difficulty (more miners=more coins) and on QE3 (expected january) the payouts will be 10 times larger. Tried mining myself, mined about 40K, though there is IMHO chance that mining BEK in January will be more profitable than mining now.

As for the datacoin - if people don't know about it yet, there won't be much of a competition, so you can mine ton of coins while it is still relatively easy - and sell them later once the price gets higher (ok, there is a risk that it will die before getting known by people, but ... well, there is always risk .... )

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:40:36 PM

a most profitable CPU coin list on a site would sure come in handy

I've been thinking the same thing. I've been mining QRK, just changed over to PTS, Coinwarz lists a few SHA coins but doesn't include either of these.
AB3Ham

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:18:15 AM

Rather than begin a new topic, I'll bump this one.

I've been wondering this question very much lately.

I'm aware of Particle, Metiscoin, Memorycoin, other Quark variants.

Anyone have an opinion on the current most profitable CPU based coin (to subsidize GPU mining)?

Thanks!
uranian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:02:19 PM

My conclusion to this was that it's better to use the power available to mine with GPUs; I've just bought some older GPUs that don't draw too much power and added those. I'm still curious as to the idea of CPU mining, but I've not seen anything that approaches the profitability of GPU mining.
iwantcoins

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:50:06 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 11:33:18 PM by iwantcoins

I have been looking everywhere for which coin to mine finnally i figure i would just test 5-6 myself and post the results.
http://www.reviewoutlaw.com/most-profitable-cpu-coin-list-alt-coin-profits-24-hours-mining
Let me know if you have something that is Generating you more USD per day i will be happy to update my list!
http://i1.wp.com/www.reviewoutlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mining-DD.gif
Dave_Pez

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:00:30 PM

Thanks, "iwantcoins", been looking for a site that that for a while, I normally just bash Primecoin but I think others will get a bit more consideration  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: