Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 300GH Asic Miner on Ebay (Scam or not??)  (Read 1373 times)
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:57:41 AM

Found these 300GH/s Miners on ebay. Look pretty good, and claim to be straight from the factory on the 24th. What do you think, legit or scam?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-300GH-S-BITCOIN-MINER-READY-TO-SHIP-UK-SELLER-NOT-BUTTERFLY-OR-KNC-/251407670323?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a89109c33

Im assuming since PayPal is accepted, its probably legit. So if you can get one for under 6k / $20/GH, profitable or not??
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:04:57 AM

Ew, Avalon chips. Mega power hungry. Not likely to RoI before you shut them down from costing more to run than they make.

Buy & Hold
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:31:54 AM

Ew, Avalon chips. Mega power hungry. Not likely to RoI before you shut them down from costing more to run than they make.

It doesn't say anything about Avalon.  They are claiming it's ASICMiner 55nm.

300 GH/S ASIC chip Bitcoin Miner made by the same company that makes the successful 30GHS ASIC MINER Block Erupter Cube.

192x 55nm ASIC Chips, Very low energy consumption for 300 GH/S.

dentldir

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:09:49 AM

The description does indeed claim its AM hardware, but the posted pictures show PCBs marked as "Avalon Project".  I can't tell which ASIC is on the board from the pictures but they do have Avalon badges.  Could just be a Gen 1 Avalon?

Personally, I wouldn't trust it.  There are too many better options that are legitimate to bother.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:01:56 PM

It's a scam and he's talking BS in the description.

It's an Avalon clone, with Avalon clone PCBs made with Avalon branded chips that should have wound up in the hands of the community here instead of Bitsyncom/Avalon selling them out the backdoor. You can see the PCB layout and chips in the photo, assuming they are actually from a device the lister has in his possession, but bearing in mind he is scamming, it may well not be. Compounded by the fact they are all generic images and there is a workbench of unhoused boards stacked up, the lister is unlikely to be in possession of any of this considering he doesn't know what they are.

ASICminer from what I'm aware ditched his 55nm project and chose to aim for 40nm instead. He's still working on that.

Also the minimally used eBay account with a 'coin' sounding name that was originally opened in 2004 and has sold nothing related to cryptocurrency before is almost certainly not his. Especially as he claims that UK buyers may be eligible for VAT for an item supposedly located in London...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CroverNo01

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:31:33 PM

These rigs can be purchased in China/HK very easy, I see many have them overclocked up to 350Gh/s with cooling and using a server PSU.

Still there is plenty clones coming out of china now.

Sadly they will eat a lot of power and price can be high but many are offering good prices just have to look for the right supplier.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

These rigs can be purchased in China/HK very easy, I see many have them overclocked up to 350Gh/s with cooling and using a server PSU.

Sadly they will eat a lot of power and price can be high but many are offering good prices just have to look for the right supplier.

Point is, the Avalon chips did not end up in the hands of who they were supposed to, when they were supposed to, i.e. those here in the community, that funded their entire existence. They were instead being sold out the back door, hence the volume, and availability of clones in China/HK.

In any case the eBay listing is a scam, these are not ASICminer 55nm chips as Friedcat himself has stated he canned that project and is working on 55nm instead.

CroverNo01

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:29:37 PM

Point is, the Avalon chips did not end up in the hands of who they were supposed to, when they were supposed to, i.e. those here in the community, that funded their entire existence. They were instead being sold out the back door, hence the volume, and availability of clones in China/HK.

In any case the eBay listing is a scam, these are not ASICminer 55nm chips as Friedcat himself has stated he canned that project and is working on 55nm instead.

Totally agree with you on that one, It will be a simple copy and past from the supplier no doubt that and never checked the listing over. As it will be running the Avalon chips.

Hoping Friedcat is still due for the new ship/product release for the end of Jan - Hopefully around the 1Th/s mark
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:51:45 PM

too many red flags.
do your due diligence before buying.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASIC-300GH-S-BITCOIN-MINER-READY-TO-SHIP-UK-SELLER-NOT-BUTTERFLY-OR-KNC-/251407670323?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a89109c33

willids

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:55:36 PM

I was looking at this and asked if a UK Seller then why price in $, here is the reply.

===============
I am in London.

Though I want to be straight with you, on the 27th I am going to Hong Kong for about a week to set up a partnership with this factory.
I may not be in the UK that week when most of these machines will arrive, partly the reason why I would prefer to sell them now and have them sent to buyers direct from Hong Kong - less for me to deal with in UK.

If you don't need the machine straight away then we could possibly arrange something fro when I get back but for this first batch I am selling I really need payment straight away as I have so much capital tied up in this thing.

Thanks for understanding.
=================

BIG RED FLAG !!

Royal Engineers Association (Hull) - All Donations Accepted
Help your VETERANS as they have helped us - 1Muz52UE54VqrKXRANQUSh8iBA6hWbEzVs - http://www.HullREA.co.uk
Skype - willidsbiz
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

Just spoken to eBay and reported him for fraud. He has '24' for sale.

Will see what eBay does. I know they have pulled plenty of legitimate auctions, so I will be pissed if they let fraudulent ones run.

Thing is it's probably not his account he's spoofed, although I don't quite understand how he expects to pull $100k+ out of Paypal?!

He would require a verified account or be limited to $1.5k. So it seems fruitless, unless I'm missing something...

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:14:30 PM

Hoping Friedcat is still due for the new ship/product release for the end of Jan - Hopefully around the 1Th/s mark

If AM sticks to their pricing model, I can only guess a 1Th/s machine from them in Jan would run around 50+BTC.  I guess there still enough optimists that they will sell out though lol.
willids

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:40:28 PM

If AM sticks to their pricing model, I can only guess a 1Th/s machine from them in Jan would run around 50+BTC.  I guess there still enough optimists that they will sell out though lol.

Bit pricey for me that, will stick with something smaller for the time being.

Royal Engineers Association (Hull) - All Donations Accepted
Help your VETERANS as they have helped us - 1Muz52UE54VqrKXRANQUSh8iBA6hWbEzVs - http://www.HullREA.co.uk
Skype - willidsbiz
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:49:10 PM

Just got a message back from the seller on ebay, and of course he "cannot accept anymore paypal since he exceeded his selling limit" and will only be accepting bank wire and bitcoin (no escrow)...case solved lol  Roll Eyes
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:11:04 PM

Just got a message back from the seller on ebay, and of course he "cannot accept anymore paypal since he exceeded his selling limit" and will only be accepting bank wire and bitcoin (no escrow)...case solved lol  Roll Eyes

Of course, that explains 24 x $5k sales.

I trust you sent eBay the response you received from this conartist?

volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:26:34 AM

Looks like overclocked avalon gen 1 box
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: