Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why 2018 will be an amazing year for some but awful for others  (Read 260 times)
Rabblerah112 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:08:58 PM

In the early 90s, many of the early investors in internet companies sold off their stocks.  It didn't look like the internet was going anywhere,  and there were plenty of new stories disparaging it.  With the sell off,  big institutions started buying the stocks at fire sale prices.

Fast forward to 1995-96.  Scam companies became rampant and companies 100 years old were adding a .com to their name and tripling their stock price overnight.

Little by little,  those scam companies were exposed and soon the bubble burst.  But the good companies continued to balloon in spite of the collapse.

The same thing is happening in crypto.

It's 1996, and we have 1000's of currencies.... That we don't need.

It's a game of musical chairs.  We don't need 30 privacy coins.  Maybe we just need 4 or 5.

This year, we will see the beginning of shitcoins start to flounder while useful coins rocket to the sky (see my signature)

The most important thing to do if you're new to crypto is to ask these questions:

1. Does this coin solve a massive problem?
2. Is the team incredible?
3. Is there a decent following?
4. Has this coin been audited for security issues?
5. Was there a shady premine or other red flags?

Stick with these questions and DO NOT SELL your good coins.

Big banks,  corporations, even governments are beginning to jump in to crypto.

Once that wave comes,  you will be happy you held your coins.

@charteroakpublic - Telegram channel with leaks from premium sources like Palm Beach Confidential.  Join us!  Also at:  t.me/charteroakpublic
Tan_avia)vl.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:38:47 PM

The society develops, the payment means also. Of course, everything new is always frightening and looks dangerous. Cryptocurrency will also come to its normal track. Of course you need time, but I think everything is delivered well.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:10:19 PM

As you started your post talking about the crush of dotcom, next was housing market and if you watch closely at around every 10years or so there is some huge correction or break down. Maybe it will be it crypto, or not, at least strongest will survive for sure and there is no doubt in that. Honestly to me what matters the most is community behind and if devs keep up with their promises. Tech can have good speculative trick to it and it could surely boost the price but it doesn't mean to be the number one.
freetokens

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:14:13 PM

People who had purchased crypto currencies before few months at less price and holding it till some more time to see very good price , so definitely 2018 will  be great year for them to earn profits. People would have purchased bitcoin at 6000$+ before 1-2 month and now its 9000$ , so it shows decent profit and hope bitcoin will reach to 20-22k$ in few months.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

Op has made a very encouraging and morale boosting to hodl coin more and exercise patience. Well as for 2018, I might not just succumb to the allusion of greater profit for altcoins because the year is already ending again but I sure understand that investing in altcoins now will return so many fruit in the future.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:34:03 PM

You are absolutely right. Soon enough most of the shitty coins will go down completely and only the strong genuine coins will be left in the crypto world. Let's just sit and watch as events unfolds
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:35:54 PM

In the early 90s, many of the early investors in internet companies sold off their stocks.  It didn't look like the internet was going anywhere,  and there were plenty of new stories disparaging it.  With the sell off,  big institutions started buying the stocks at fire sale prices.

Fast forward to 1995-96.  Scam companies became rampant and companies 100 years old were adding a .com to their name and tripling their stock price overnight.

Little by little,  those scam companies were exposed and soon the bubble burst.  But the good companies continued to balloon in spite of the collapse.

It's a game of musical chairs.  We don't need 30 privacy coins.  Maybe we just need 4 or 5.

This year, we will see the beginning of shitcoins start to flounder while useful coins rocket to the sky (see my signature)

The most important thing to do if you're new to crypto is to ask these questions:

very nice perspective. There surely is a similarity between crypto now and internet in early 90s, I guess only time will tell if crypto can grow as big as internet did. Let's see

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:36:05 PM

We'll continue seeing the influx of new coins which aren't worth anyones time just because they still make money. Although, the above points you made are a good starting point there's much more to it than just having an incredible team, good security and a good following. PR is a big thing, and that's why we are currently seeing a lot of bumping from newbie accounts.

You are absolutely right. Soon enough most of the shitty coins will go down completely and only the strong genuine coins will be left in the crypto world. Let's just sit and watch as events unfolds
I highly doubt this. At the moment even though shitty coins are ultimately failing there's still many out there which are earning a lot of money, and as we know as long as there's money to be made then we'll continue seeing these shitty coins dominate the market.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:09:44 PM

Whoever buys at the beginning of the year will be a happy year for him but whoever bought since last year will be angry at this time, but I will tell him new news that it did not last very long in losses and can earn much more than before. This year we hope to do so in the near future
mdrakibul

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:13:09 AM

Well as for 2018, I might not just succumb to the allusion of greater profit for altcoins because the year is already ending again but I sure understand that investing in altcoins now will return so many fruit in the future.Cryptocurrency will also come to its normal track. Of course you need time, but I think everything is delivered well.
Marcogwapo

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:33:50 PM

It depends on how you handle your coins. You need to think what will be the best investment of your coins and on how you spent it in the rightway in doing such thing this will make your year end fruitful.
deonyx

Activity: 122
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:43:56 AM

It can't be put more clearer than this, but in life there will always be people that will agree and some to disagree that's because out thought processes are different, and so that's why for cryptocurrencies there are people that will never accept the idea until when they finally see their banks selling crypto coins then they will remember when someone had told them about cryptos but they rejected the idea. So it's important not to sell off everything one has at this time cos the better days for crypto is already nearby.
Markettoken

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 06:08:40 AM

I am just a beginner but according to my analysis who is buying this year will be achieved his dream and vice versa who bought last year will drop if sold this year, I just want to give advice to hold back to sell it
satana_igor666

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

"Big banks,  corporations, even governments are beginning to jump in to crypto."  What are you talking about, some large banks are already ready to offer a service for exchanging crypto currency.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:10:38 AM

As the dot.com brought almost all offline to join the web, so will crypto be in the next ten years. Every product and services that accept payment may one or other create its own cryptocurrency to use. But the ones that stand will depend on credibility and uniqueness.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:48:57 AM

i believe 2018 will be one of the worst years for everyone!

first we have all these shitcoins and all these newbies investing in all of them including the ICos that are scamming them.
then we have all these altcoins that are pumped and are now having their bubbles burst and falling down.

this situation is not only causing a lot of downtime but also is making a lot of money exit the market.

good coins? nowhere to be found. if there is an actually good coin it will sadly be buried under all these shitcoins with huge market caps.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:04:49 AM

Every person has different views and experiences with bitcoin wherein for some, bitcoin is considered a good investment where they were able to gain good profit. However, for some people, it seems to be awful and not good for them especially during times where bear market has been consistently take long time of dips. This had result for a very unpleasant loss from there investment where they were not able to hold their coins since they do panic selling and afraid that they might loss everything. In my views, 2018 will still be a great year for bitcoin and alts for this will recover soon.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:33:26 AM

I agree with this.

But the big difference between crypto in 2018 and dot.com shares in 1996 is that crypto is unregulated. That means it is worth it for pump and dump groups to keep thousands of coins alive (the more obscure the better they are able to pump it). Whereas the pumper-dumpers couldn't do that for stocks because that type of activity is illegal.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:03:52 PM

very nice perspective. There surely is a similarity between crypto now and internet in early 90s, I guess only time will tell if crypto can grow as big as internet did. Let's see

Week ago one post on Twitter said the same thing. If Bitcoin came here with just people investing where will it be
when companies start to invest heavily? I think tweet was from  John McAfee, I tried to find that post but there are
to many things. It`s not important from whom it is, or where I saw it, what is important that I see the same thing
in one week from two different sides and I see the logic in that.
   This year will be amazing for people who hold crypto-currencies and for the one`s who are buying more.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:17:52 PM

It's a game of musical chairs.  We don't need 30 privacy coins.  Maybe we just need 4 or 5.
Just don't invest in 30 coins. Buy 4 or 5 promising coins you want. Honestly saying, nobody knows, how many coins do we need now. This question is being solved by the crypto exchange markets in the real time.

I think the pre-mine doesn't matter a lot. For example, take a look at Ethereum. 72 million coins were pre-mined in the first block of its blockchain, but in spite of that this crypto currency is highly demanded by the people conducting an ICO campaigns.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: