Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin testnet "fraud" schemes simulation  (Read 566 times)
leeo (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:57:53 AM

Here's some fun ideas I have been playing out in my mind while shoveling the season's first significant snowfall from my driveway:

I.  The testnet pyramid scheme.  There are a number of ways to approach this one.
. A. The soft sell: call it a "gifting club".
. B. The multi-level sell: offer special "insider privileges" for recruiting more suckers into the scheme.
. C. The big hype:  place an add into the click-stream ad net that reads something like:

Yes you too can sucker your friends and family out of their fake play money.  Just fill out the form here and you are on your way.

II. The testnet Ponzi scheme.
. A. The exclusive approach (i.e. Bernie Madoff).  Exclude entry only to those who have 10 testnet BTC or more to outvest.  (my own nounce.)
. B. The public service approach (i.e. Pat Kiley).  Publish scathing articles on the current money system including mostly truths.  Advertise in your publication an outvestment using "arbitrage" to achieve "double-digit" returns on your fake money.  Then pull the plug and run.

III.  The fake paramutual betting pool.
. A. Attract all of the gambling bugs out there (place ads in the click-stream on gaming sites) for your ultra cool gambling site.
. B. Pull the plug and run.

I was thinking with regard to the fake paramutual betting pool to program in a "pull the plug and run" factor with every bet received.  With regard to the Ponzi scheme, why not fake a "raid" on the share holders [this is a simulation, after all], and send them coolly worded letters demanding claw-backs.

If I had the time and technical knowledge it may be fun to program this.  It would be the "Monopoly" of the twenty-first century.  I would program all of the proceeds to be thrown back at the fountain.  However, personal ethics prevents me due to the possibility of someone taking these programs as models for actually doing the real thing.  --LeeO
luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:09:04 PM

leeo you are a junior member over here but really it seem you are highly knowledgeable and wise person. Thanks for sharing it with us I really liked your posting and shall be looking forward for your more interesting ideas.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: