Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New mining setup  (Read 491 times)
m4L (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:54:40 PM

I'm sorry, but this is the WORST moment to buy cards

Asics
FPGAs
New gen Cards
Cards above MRSP
High Diff on all coins

No its not, the worst moment was 2-3 months ago. FPGAa are only rumors for me for now. They may become real players or they may not. Speculations. ASICs are real ofc, but my GPUs are still very profitable.
Hi diff on all coins? Exagerrate much?

GPUs are still the kings of flexibility. If you love mining you can earn good money still. But its not plug and play. It takes a lot of dedication, tinkering and research.

Even with electricity cost around 0,30$/kwh?
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

Asics
FPGAs
New gen Cards
Cards above MRSP
High Diff on all coins

No its not, the worst moment was 2-3 months ago. FPGAa are only rumors for me for now. They may become real players or they may not. Speculations. ASICs are real ofc, but my GPUs are still very profitable.

GPUs are still the kings of flexibility. If you love mining you can earn good money still. But its not plug and play. It takes a lot of dedication, tinkering and research.

No, it is the worst time to buy new GPUs right now. There are some many threats to new mining operations that if you actually did "dedication, tinkering, and research" you would have found out the following:

1. The Equihash ASIC will result in decreased GPU profitability for ALL coins/algos
2. The Ethereum switch to POS will significantly decrease GPU profitability for ALL coins/algos
3. New ASICs are being developed for ALL coins/algos and this also decreases GPU profitability
4. New GPU versions are coming out in June/July. That is less than a month away and your new GPU will automatically decrease in value.
5. Etc, so much more, do your own research kid.

Regardless of how you see it, we are actually trying to help you. Although sometimes i wonder what for..

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

Asics
FPGAs
New gen Cards
Cards above MRSP
High Diff on all coins

Even with electricity cost around 0,30$/kwh?

If you know what you are doing yes. I have 10 cards in 2 rigs and 2x R9 380 cards in 2 PCs. Those two only mine occasionally. In the righs I have 4x RX 470, 5x RX 580 and one R9 290x. With that setup I am getting around 20$-30$ per day on average. Some times more some times less. I pay around 5-6$ of electricity per day with 0.15$ cost. So yea you would still earn some but you earning will be greatly reduced. So your margin if prices go down is slim.

I am going for solar energy very soon. If you have means to do that its the best action as it gives you free electricity basically. In your case it would be especially sound investment.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
m4L (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:31:23 PM

Thanks guys, I just bought 5x Sapphire RX 580 Nitro +.

Now my question Cheesy - whats the best way to overlock it? Just by using msi afterburner?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:33:50 AM

Now my question Cheesy - whats the best way to overlock it? Just by using msi afterburner?

Mod the Bios

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 01:54:42 AM

FPGAa are only rumors for me for now. They may become real players or they may not. Speculations.

I beg to differ, there are already people running FPGAS. Just read the threads posted on these forums. FPGAs are already upon us. They will only be released to the mainstream public onnly once they are no longer extremely profitable and everyone will be buying hand me downs.

Ouch. You better start praying that you get more time to mine on those. GPU miners are on borrowed time because of all the threats of ASICs, ETH POS, FPGAs, and even the incoming new series of 2018 NVIDIA GPUs.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
m4L (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:38:06 AM

Ouch. You better start praying that you get more time to mine on those. GPU miners are on borrowed time because of all the threats of ASICs, ETH POS, FPGAs, and even the incoming new series of 2018 NVIDIA GPUs.

Can´t share your worries. I want to focus on XMR Mining and don´t see any big danger for future mining since Monero, as a example, already did a hardfork in order to prevent ASICs increasing the difficulty to fast..
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:55:30 PM

I know that RX570 works for 4 GB, but it's better to 8 GB. 4 GB may be small. I read that there will be another RX580X.
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:56:55 PM

Can´t share your worries. I want to focus on XMR Mining and don´t see any big danger for future mining since Monero, as a example, already did a hardfork in order to prevent ASICs increasing the difficulty to fast..
that's a good argument to survive from ASIC sometimes you have to try to mine in Ethash algo (RX series) like ETH even though Bitmain release "Antminer(ASIC) E3, Batch 3" it doesn't have to worry about that.

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:10:28 AM

Hey guys,

Im planning on building my first mining rig.
What do you guys think about my planned setup, any improvements needed?

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 2x 3.50GHz So.1151

GPU: 6x 4GB AMD Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ (Samsung Memory) H/2xDP/DVI (im still thinking about changing to 6x 8GB Asus Radeon RX 580 OC Dual Aktiv PCIe 3.0) // any recommendations?

Power Supply: 1200 Watt Corsair HX1200 Modular 80+ Platinum

Mainboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 Intel H81 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

Im getting the sdd, ram etc. from my old pc.

Thanks in advance!
It depends on what coins are you trying to mine. If you would like to mine coins that are using the DAG file size (like ETH, ETC) then it would be good to switch to 8 GB memory for it to still work in the future.

I would also go for high frequency RAM, this also helps a lot.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: