Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird warning over Skype.  (Read 145 times)
castiel0504 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109

Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:11:50 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 08:01:25 PM by castiel0504

Sooo i have added Skype account on my profile. And today someone added me, told me that someone is selling my bitcoin account on some random site... Should i be worried?

Screenshot of picture

Screenshot of person over Skype

Sooo....am i getting scammed here? And how.... And why does he/she/it insists on changing my PW?

Edit 1: Since person deleted their reply:

Yea, but the person INSISTS .... for me to change password... Why? Isn't it little bit suspicious?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

He's asking to change your password himself? I mean come up they want access to your account. Don't give it to them. It's almost certain that your account isn't being sold anywhere, but if you are worried just change the password yourself.

Yea, but the person INSISTS .... for me to change password... Why? Isn't it little bit suspicious?
If he's asking you to change your password without him doing it himself then I guess it wouldn't hurt. But, don't do it through any links he sends you as I'm not sure how skype works, and the link could be masked to look like the forum, but actually redirects to a phishing site.

Changing your password won't allow them to get access, and the only malicious thing they could do is lock the account if they had access to the email associated with the account, but you could change that before as a precautionary.

The only other thing that could happen but, I doubt. Is that someone you've offended or whatever could be trying to get you to change your password in private to make it look like the account has been sold, and will post the screenshots of someone trying to sell the account, and show that the password/email has changed recently. Then again, evidence which isn't verifiable through a trustworthy person isn't really considered evidence. This is thinking beyond the box, and I very much doubt that this is the case anyway.

Change your password in a secure environment, and don't click on any links or download anything anyone sends you.

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:26:53 PM

Well weird, I would recommend to perform a scan to your computer, do not use your email in other sites (do not reveal it) and do not change your password in non protected computer... (maybe your pc is infected?)
And preferably, you better could stake a message with this address later if needed.
https://web.archive.org/web/20171125020850/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1141938

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:34:37 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is signing address from Castiel0504 now its 21:32, its 14th of May 2018. Writting this message, just in advance if anything happens with this account. After this message i am going to change password on my account.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 15B8XekyGQxS9P8NCXUZpn7ZyUAofP8KHk

IPxg6YKYdlV8XxFFbFMDSm51RwaY6gE3uPnNtg7S4JU0FSgDHiKFPjqLV1f0C+mZuc6twRKG1Y0s0ySSPM5Kh74=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:40:07 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is signing address from Castiel0504 now its 21:32, its 14th of May 2018. Writting this message, just in advance if anything happens with this account. After this message i am going to change password on my account.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 15B8XekyGQxS9P8NCXUZpn7ZyUAofP8KHk

IPxg6YKYdlV8XxFFbFMDSm51RwaY6gE3uPnNtg7S4JU0FSgDHiKFPjqLV1f0C+mZuc6twRKG1Y0s0ySSPM5Kh74=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

Quoted for future reference and verified using brainwalletx.github.io

I hope you already scanned your device.

castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:42:08 PM

So apparently someone send to someone else message from my  account > Screenshot

Going to do that right away Invo.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:49:41 PM

So apparently someone send to someone else message from my  account > Screenshot

Going to do that right away Invo.

Then the guy on Skype seems to be actually warning you if you've verified that this message was indeed sent from your account. In this case you need to find out how it was compromised and address this as soon as possible. Your account was registered somewhat recently, and isn't prone to the database leak that so many accounts have been hacked from. So it's certainly something on your side that's been compromised.
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:52:42 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 08:07:05 PM by castiel0504

Uhmmm...who the hell is this dude? http://prntscr.com/jhupbw

If my account was hacked...i wouldn't be able to change password and sign my message...

Scanning my PC...But i don't know how this happened...my pc is clean(I guess) i cleaned it few weeks ago with few thingies...and i don't recall download any thing in last few days... O.o

Haha this dumbass is idiot that tried to sell my account... http://prntscr.com/jhur0y .....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1444132

If you look at the screenshot, site that was selling my account is linked in his profile... What the hell is going on? O.o

@Invoking i scanned my PC...and really there is nothing special that is "virus" i used Malwareabytes. And these are only PC miners for shitcoins as you can see.... http://prntscr.com/jhuwpm
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

The MO of this particular attacker seems to be that they get your password through phishing links, they don't change your password/email so that you don't get any forum security notifications, and then they send spam and more phishing links in PMs from your account.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
castiel0504 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:09:04 PM

Okay soo.... What is your advice, what do i do now? I changed my password. And since his sale has failed, he left me Negative Mark, even if i don't have any connection with him O.o . I guess nothing can't be done by that question?  Huh

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:15:57 PM

The trust he has left has no credibility, just ignore it. Trust isn't moderated and thus it won't be removed. It may be annoying, but it doesn't show up by default, and if anyone want's to deal with you in the future will only have to take 10 seconds to realize that it's not credible.
InvoKing
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 08:57:16 PM

Okay soo.... What is your advice, what do i do now? I changed my password.
Check the "bitcointalk" url twice before entering your login details to avoid being compromised again Smiley

And since his sale has failed, he left me Negative Mark, even if i don't have any connection with him O.o . I guess nothing can't be done by that question?  Huh
Mods can remove it, however, it is rarely done since trust isn't moderated. Neglect this cockroach, he has enough negative trust to be ~=inexistant.
Since your account is safe now, you can lock the topic tho.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: