Bitcoin Forum
August 05, 2024, 09:20:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool estimates always exaggerated?  (Read 527 times)
grimboj (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:12:28 AM

Hey,

I have been attempting to mine scrypt coins for a week, on miningpool.co the estimates always seem to be double what I actually receive, same on dedicatedpools.com.

The estimates line up with cryptwarz.com estimates so am I right in thinking that I'm being under rewarded?

Is this normal or are these just bad pools?

Regards,

grimboj
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:39:01 AM

Hi there,

I got the same with most of the pools. The reward from one of them was even 10 times lower than what expected (and what I could mine on other pools). Guy said it was due to a server problem but it let me the flavour of a scam. Geez even the fees were really high. I usually choose a pool in the last ones of the list. They are the last ones to be created so they need miners and they apply no fees and often are more rewarding.
nortingon

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:52:29 PM

Most of the pools fee won't let you earn much unless the difficulty is very less. As the difficulty goes up, your contribution isnt effective.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:15:27 PM

Pools try to reel you in by showing "tweaked" stats. This way they get more miners.

Vertius

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:49:09 PM

Well, 120% of real hash rate is a standard Cheesy However, summary hash rate of pool is not major factor - efficiency is far more significant. People do what they can to attract people Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: