Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:37:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-12-22 ZD Net - CryptoLocker's crimewave: A trail of $$$ in laundered BTCs  (Read 2196 times)
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:08:18 PM

You can always reformat the computer, right?
Yes. But what if your personal files are seized and you can't use them?
If you are an idiot and not only you caught a virus but also you didn't backup your "epic important personal files" then please stop using a computer because you are clearly unable to use one. You are doing more damage than good.

I personally use several anti virus software but occasionally I still need to disable them to get certain jobs done. Just like you can have several locks on your door but you still need to open them sometimes, and the robbers still have chance breaking in. Right is right, wrong is wrong.  This blaming victim mentality is always misguided to say the least. 

The thieves may use this as an excuse for what they do, but it doesn't make them any less despicable. I am sure they will burn and rot in hell.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:09:58 PM

Right is right, wrong is wrong.  This blaming victim mentality is always misguided to say the least. 

I'd agree. It is not the fault of the users that their anti-virus was not able to detect the trojan. Whatever be the case, I am not going to support the Cryptolocker crooks. That is, even if the victims are careless in their actions.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:32:43 PM

I didn't read this article, but in a different one states they also take MoneyPak.  And videos of it working show that as an option.  So it isn't just bitcoin.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:56:39 PM

I didn't read this article, but in a different one states they also take MoneyPak.  And videos of it working show that as an option.  So it isn't just bitcoin.

Well... they are not Bitcoin ideologists. They use BTC, just for the anonymity. Same with Moneypak. If there is an option which is more anonymous than these two, then they'll use that instead.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: