Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Alt production line ongoing trend  (Read 2159 times)
deodecagone (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:28:16 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 03:59:14 PM by deodecagone

What is the point now for all those alts and what are we doing exactly now in the alt community ?

- Coin devs are reducing Alt coin quality . From total inital joke coins like the doge or the bernanke, we now see coins where authors either directly discard them (ulicoin) or do not have a clue what a coin is made of (saw some student posting a binary coin who didn't know what a conf file was today),
or without any source (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380893.0), or old known scammer pushin a new revolutionnary premined coin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371775.240)
It is is obvious they don't care as probably other scam miners will throw instantly 200 Mh on it in attempt to sell any outcome instantly scamming other people. And the operation happens now on very short time frames  probably wasting all this energy for a a few $.

- Trade sites owners are calling for new those alt shit coins for listing for "only" 5BTC. Or do they sometimes just run away with your coins. Or do they just bullshit you selling you ahead participations for something that is not going to last more than 2 weeks. Or do they simply don't care at all to program something not buggy because it is not the objective to go for the longer term.

- pool owner running away with the few coins you made of a shitcoin premined and that you tried to sell at an overpriced value on a trade site owned by someone thinking about running away and traded to someone trying to pump and dump the coin.

- Miners, are mining any alt shit coin that is out. They want to have their Windows sexy GUI wallet because they tend to be computer illiterate. They are ready to mine coins that are infllationnist (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375010.0)(they probably have no clue what it means in terms of ROI for them) Other with infinite supplies ... . They will then go in forums trying to scam you or they will go on the other trade exchange sites owned by scammer and to meet other  scammers

- you can now see threads asking about the worst alt logo and nobody trying to share any idea of what could give a value to a coin.

So in short everyone scamming everyone, just role playing, I'd love to see a real bitcoin alternative in here. but looks like it shifted to something weird.

Season's greetings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:30:44 PM

Very good post. Thank you for it!
Please add this one with infinite coin supply: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380893.0

Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:32:19 PM

Merry Christmas and a happy new scam!   Grin

Oh, I forgot, very good post indeed. Thanks!

hipstacoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:34:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:40:19 PM

There are so many noobs to scam now. Totally clueless people who wants to get rich quick, and they jump on every imaginary chance of that happening. They will get burned.  Smiley
deodecagone (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:02:01 PM

There are so many noobs to scam now. Totally clueless people who wants to get rich quick, and they jump on every imaginary chance of that happening. They will get burned.  Smiley

Right, but they will learn and will be formatted to invent other scams more pathetic probably.  Smiley
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 04:08:49 PM

I think its funny. It allows the better alternatives to bubble to the top while burning the ones who buy into the scams. Classic conditioning.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
tyler27

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

What is the point now for all those alts and what are we doing exactly now in the alt community ?

- Coin devs are reducing Alt coin quality . From total inital joke coins like the doge or the bernanke, we now see coins where authors either directly discard them (ulicoin) or do not have a clue what a coin is made of (saw some student posting a binary coin who didn't know what a conf file was today),
or without any source (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380893.0), or old known scammer pushin a new revolutionnary premined coin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371775.240)
It is is obvious they don't care as probably other scam miners will throw instantly 200 Mh on it in attempt to sell any outcome instantly scamming other people. And the operation happens now on very short time frames  probably wasting all this energy for a a few $.

- Trade sites owners are calling for new those alt shit coins for listing for "only" 5BTC. Or do they sometimes just run away with your coins. Or do they just bullshit you selling you ahead participations for something that is not going to last more than 2 weeks. Or do they simply don't care at all to program something not buggy because it is not the objective to go for the longer term.

- pool owner running away with the few coins you made of a shitcoin premined and that you tried to sell at an overpriced value on a trade site owned by someone thinking about running away and traded to someone trying to pump and dump the coin.

- Miners, are mining any alt shit coin that is out. They want to have their Windows sexy GUI wallet because they tend to be computer illiterate. They are ready to mine coins that are infllationnist (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375010.0)(they probably have no clue what it means in terms of ROI for them) Other with infinite supplies ... . They will then go in forums trying to scam you or they will go on the other trade exchange sites owned by scammer and to meet other  scammers

- you can now see threads asking about the worst alt logo and nobody trying to share any idea of what could give a value to a coin.

So in short everyone scamming everyone, just role playing, I'd love to see a real bitcoin alternative in here. but looks like it shifted to something weird.

Season's greetings.

Very good post. I stayed awake until 7 a.m. to be there at the start of the great (premined scam) Atomcoin...

There already BTC alternatives...I would just stick to the few currencies that will survive.
In my opinion they just have to have some improvement over BTC, an active DEV and a community. Obviously if nobody is going to use the coin in the future for buying/selling stuff, it will be worthless anyway (which will happen to most alts sooner or later).

Coins I would buy (maybe even if I'm not a real fan of some of them):

BTC
LTC
PPC
XPM
DTC (yes Datacoin...innovative coin, but has only one developer for now...abd he seems to be very good and dedicated)
PTS (Invictus Protoshares) has really a lot of potential (if you check their website out, you'll see that these guys have very cool innovative ideas coming soon)

WDC and QRK (both not innovative...but people like them). WDC will make a big jump next year if all the "good news" are going to become true.

Ah yeah, of course I would trade all the coins above just to have some DOGE, wow.   Cool
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:10:50 PM

The next bitcoin?

Sitting under your noses for the last 2 1/2 years.

It is iXcoin.   

With about 1/3rd of the the bitcoin hashrate and growing.

With a limit of only 21 million coins.

The problem with Bitcoin right now is that it is too expensive to innovate on.

Introducing colored coins for examples is to expensive to print on a bitcoin.

Now iXcoin is almost identical to bitcoin but with a hash rate that is #3 among all coins (namecoin is the only coin that consistently has more).

So you have all these folks trading in their BTC to purchase MasterCoin or NXT only to realize that these setups are all works in progress.

Bitcoin technology has been proven the test of time.  So has iXcoin which has been around for 2 1/2 years. 

Speaking about distribution of wealth in iXcoin, it is completely fair because it has been traded in exchanges for 2 years and anyone could have bought it at half a cent or less.

Anyway, stay tuned for more developments with iXcoin.

We just updated to the latest 0.8.6 client of Bitcoin and eagerly await the innovations of 0.8.7 of Bitcoin.

Furthermore, we shall be incorporating features that the Mastercoin folks all claim to be developing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:20:47 PM

From all the news, forums and maket data i've seen these are the coins that have the most potential:

1) Nxt (Due to second generation marketing)
2) Quark (Support and growing news popularity)
3) World (almost same as quark)
4) Sky (Could be on par with Nxt, time will tell)

To a lesser extent:

5) Master and eMunie (Fresh ideas and concepts, could diverge away from the current BTC fork)
6) Diamond (Innovations among first generation crypto)
7) Ix
Lastly) Proto / MMC2 (Fresh Idea, breaking the currency up into basically dollars and cents)

I believe, LTC will hold strong has a secondary to btc, Peer and Name coins will fall drastically.
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:24:16 PM

Please, PLEASE, don't convert this thread in another advertising thread of the coins you have in your portfolio. I don give a shit about the coins you have (and you advertise), this is a serious thread  Kiss
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:36:20 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 10:01:13 PM by gnode

- Miners, are mining any alt shit coin that is out. They want to have their Windows sexy GUI wallet because they tend to be computer illiterate. They are ready to mine coins that are infllationnist (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375010.0)(they probably have no clue what it means in terms of ROI for them) Other with infinite supplies ... . They will then go in forums trying to scam you or they will go on the other trade exchange sites owned by scammer and to meet other  scammers

Season's greetings.

We will soon see a major shift occur it is probably going to occur in the next month. Hedge funds are soon getting into crypto in a big way.

Bitcoin's first application is not as a currency, it is an investment vehicle. Bitcoins are a way for somebody to hide their money from governments and consequently from taxes, etc. Alt coins will be a major part of that.

What alt coins will the hedge funds buy into? Easy, those that are on multiple exchanges and have been around longest and thus have the most viable networks. There you go. All these new coins are just a distraction, avoid them until they get on an exchange.

Focus are the coins already on exchanges. Buy them and mine them now while they are cheap and have low difficulty. You will be rewarded in a big way!!

Given the price action is the last month, I'm guessing that a hedge fund has already bought into BTC, LTC, and QRK.
Dilapidated

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:47:12 PM

From all the news, forums and maket data i've seen these are the coins that have the most potential:

1) Nxt (Due to second generation marketing)
2) Quark (Support and growing news popularity)
3) World (almost same as quark)
4) Sky (Could be on par with Nxt, time will tell)

To a lesser extent:

5) Master and eMunie (Fresh ideas and concepts, could diverge away from the current BTC fork)
6) Diamond (Innovations among first generation crypto)
7) Ix
Lastly) Proto / MMC2 (Fresh Idea, breaking the currency up into basically dollars and cents)

I believe, LTC will hold strong has a secondary to btc, Peer and Name coins will fall drastically.

I agree with this. We need more innovation in the altcoin market but as of now these seem to have the highest potential.
zavtra

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:34:49 PM

We will soon see a major shift occur it is probably going to occur in the next month. Hedge funds are soon getting into crypto in a big way.

Bitcoin's first application is not as a currency, it is an investment vehicle. Bitcoins are a way for somebody to hide their money from governments and consequently from taxes, etc. Alt coins will be a major part of that.

What alt coins will the hedge funds buy into? Easy, those that are on multiple exchanges and have been around longest and thus have the most viable networks. There you go. All these new coins are just a distraction, avoid them until they get on an exchange.

Focus are the coins already on exchanges. Buy them and mine them now while they are cheap and have low difficulty. You will be rewarded in a big way!!

Given the price action is the last month, I'm guessing that a hedge fund has already bought into BTC, LTC, and QRK.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Anything that's on multiple exchanges now is likely basically "in", at least until decentralized exchanges come into play.

It's why I'm happy SBC is on 3 exchanges now Grin

But either way, it will be important to not let all of these new cryptos delegitimize all altcoins in general.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Please, PLEASE, don't convert this thread in another advertising thread of the coins you have in your portfolio. I don give a shit about the coins you have (and you advertise), this is a serious thread  Kiss
+1
But it is inevitable Sad
They don't care, they just want to be part of the scam.

lol so true
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:46:54 PM

I blame quark. As it went from dead and worthless to massive and worth lots in no time, now everyone is willing to mine any old rubbish hoping to strike it rich. Who knows, maybe my 475757743358 scam coins will be worth loads in the future....
mattopia

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:00:32 PM

Why would we recommend coins that we don't have in our own portfolio?  If we believe in a coin, wouldn't we be holding some?
nocoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:03:15 PM

Why we don't have ScamCoin yet?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:08:20 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:23:39 PM by Wekkel

Many altcoins and constant death/birth thereof is essential for crypto's survival. Once this thing picks up speed, I expect the value of altcoins to increase dramatically. People will be moving normal' money into trusted networks with fixed parameters. Just wait until the crisis hits harder and/or crypto becomes more mainstream (sending to e-mail address instead of 13-digit address, total mobile integration/automatic - behind the scene - conversion, single point of contact (a bank?), etc).

Altcoins do not have to be used from point to point, as long as people consider their network to have value. I foresee exchange of coins hidden from normal users when they pay to an e-mail address (or whatever other means), and just see a universal number. It all needs to be figured out yet, but - again - Dogecoin shows how quickly people forget it's just a bunch of 0s and 1s.

Therefore, I think altcoins are essential to crypto's success and survival. It will create much more resilience. I mean, even Dogecoin can suddenly pop up and reach a very broad target despite its clear ridiculous background. It's the prime example of power of the masses. The masses will learn this soon enough.

It's going to be nothing or everything. I think it's going to be mind blowing just like The Internet.

Personally, I like Zetacoin now because of its 1 year coin release followed by the relative low inflation rate thereafter. It will be interesting to see how it goes once coin creation tapers off after the first year. So much to learn, So WoW. Many love. Such fear.

Coinpicker

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:09:24 PM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Megacoin
Worldcoin
Quarkcoin

rest will die 2014
Pages: [1] 2 »  All