Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Classifieds / Auctions  (Read 539 times)
w00dface (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:36:30 PM

Howdy all,

I've been playing with mining for a few months now but feel it's a shame that there are not many places that will take crypto online nor is there a way of selling my physical items easily (one offs) for crypto currencies.

I found a few places on the net that offered classified ads with crypto as a payment method, but they are all based around free scripts that don't really do that great a job.

Being a programmer (I code but my main job is project managing coding projects) and having a fair few coding friends that are in to mining, I have banded together a small team (8 of us) to start looking at building a classified / auction system from scratch with the specific aim of crypto being the only currency.

Work has started on the project but we are going to ramp it up after Xmas.

Whilst we have quite a few good ideas for things like trust ratings etc, would be interested to hear what other people would like to see put in Smiley 
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

I wish all the best for you on this project. Please offer escrow and identify yourself and/or the company, or individuals running the site.. and you'll have my business.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
w00dface (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:46:57 PM

One of the things we were going to look at, was transactions being held in escrow, at least until a user has reached a certain level of trust & gone through a verification method. Smiley

sheldonkennedy

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:40:48 PM

As a programmer, I've been thinking about making the same thing.

If you're ever in need of more help/ideas/testing, lemme know.

The trust/escrow thing is definitely going to be a big part of it.
w00dface (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:33:35 PM

Will do. It's going to mainly be written in PHP with the usual stuff (jquery etc)

We will be looking at address verification and will prob limit new traders to x amount per month until they build a trust rating.

With pricing items, we were going to look at the amount being automatically adjusted with market rates ie, you put in the £ / $ amount and what coins you accept, and the software adjusts the coin value of the item as markets rise and fall, but we think it will be more interesting just to have a flat rate, IE if you enter 1btc as the price, it stays like that until end. This would make auctions easier if we decided to add them Wink

sheldonkennedy

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:57:35 PM

As long as it turns out better than bitmit, I think you'll have some definite interest. Tongue
w00dface (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:13:38 PM

What happened there? Says on site that they have gone.
sheldonkennedy

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:14:26 PM

I don't know the story behind the closing, might search on the forums here, might be something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: