Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, I'll be your patsy  (Read 742 times)
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:52:56 PM

Well, I've been hearing a lot of about this bitcoin and following somewhat. I never had much money to begin with, but after the last greed spike I decided to try to get some fiat into bitcoins. I went on and used my credit card on ebay and paid like 15 and 12 bucks for 0.005 or something bitcoins to be sent to my address. One showed up. I paid like 150 bucks for .1 to be sent also. This actually showed up but I guess it was a bit overpriced now that China doesn't buy bitcoins or whatever. I traded most of it for magic beans anyway. Now I see this is some sort of maniacal global pump and dump. I'm in. Can you help me learn what to do to get my bit coins back from these scam coins?
complang

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:59:18 PM

Get coins back? Say what?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:10:36 PM

I am not sure exactly what you are going on about but what I like to do is buy BTC when the price is low and the sell them when the price is high.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
eatingthenight

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:04:45 PM

I find if funny that you talk about greed when you where clearly one of the people causing it. paying 1500 for a bitcoin is insane. You will not get your money or coins back because no one scammed you in any way. You clearly did no research before you bought and you clearly bought on an impulse. You may want to think about why you have no money.. it could be because you do things like this.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:25:53 PM

Well, I've been hearing a lot of about this bitcoin and following somewhat. I never had much money to begin with, but after the last greed spike I decided to try to get some fiat into bitcoins. I went on and used my credit card on ebay and paid like 15 and 12 bucks for 0.005 or something bitcoins to be sent to my address. One showed up. I paid like 150 bucks for .1 to be sent also. This actually showed up but I guess it was a bit overpriced now that China doesn't buy bitcoins or whatever. I traded most of it for magic beans anyway. Now I see this is some sort of maniacal global pump and dump. I'm in. Can you help me learn what to do to get my bit coins back from these scam coins?

Sorry but I don't understand, did you not get the bitcoin which you paid for?
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:56:37 PM

The forum keeps eating my posts. I never even got one of the 0.005 I was supposed to get but that's not the point. I saw the price of bitcoin went up to 1200 each so when it went down to 800 I went to ebay and tried to get some on credit. I wanted to buy in at what I thought would be a little above market value, but since I was a noob I realize now I paid a ridiculous price double the market value. I guess since I have been reading slashdot forever I knew about bitcoin but I never got around to figuring out how to buy some and learn about it for real. Then I saw what I though was the greed spike end so I ran to ebay to try to get in. Once it fell to 500 I wanted to buy more but I had already bough my first .15 at coinbase for 700. I got my roommate to buy some for me at coinbase at $600 once my paycheck came in. I now realize that I need to establish and learn to grow and protect a balance of every currency on this planet or else I am going to be your serf when I eventually have to buy in. I am a complete noob that has been watching from the sidelines from the beginning, but because I couldn't afford a nice graphics card I have 6000 something dogecoins. Is this good or bad?
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:30:35 AM

Since I was 100% fiat I needed to buy bitcoins ASAP and I had no money. Is dogecoin the end of bitcoin, or what is really going on here? One king will rule the world?
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:08:20 PM

Well, fantas I am starting from nothing and I am going to slowly increase my holdings and stop you from enslaving this planet. When you cash out because you think you have enough of the currency I will be holding. Oh who am I kidding, I'll probably get hacked tomorrow.
hoolio

Activity: 273
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:43:57 PM

6000 DOGE is like 4 USD and I'm afraid it won't ever rise, only if the bitcoin price rises 10x - it will be 40 USD maybe Smiley
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

@OP Sincerely you are a good patsy because we all need one and it's very a nice deal !
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:15:48 PM

I find if funny that you talk about greed when you where clearly one of the people causing it. paying 1500 for a bitcoin is insane. You will not get your money or coins back because no one scammed you in any way. You clearly did no research before you bought and you clearly bought on an impulse. You may want to think about why you have no money.. it could be because you do things like this.

1500 is the price bitcoin will reach mid next year. If the OP holds on to the coins he won't make a loss and might even turn a profit.

@OP: You may want to start reading about bitcoin before you do anything else. Take it slow. I suggest starting with basics on the wiki:

en.bitcoin.it

brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:20:02 AM

The price of bitcoin is going to reach 40K next year because a megalomaniac is buying a million bitcoins at $600 and selling them to a million people at $650 so that they can trade them worthless doge coins to get his bitcoins back at a profit. Then he is going to crash the market and buy all the cheap bitcoins before any of you get a chance to buy any.
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:33:17 AM

Then he is going to do it again. And again. And again. I'm not greedy, I'm smart enough to know that I'll be buying on the way down and selling on the way up, and holding until he forgets I have some of the world's currency and resources also.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:40:49 AM

The price of bitcoin is going to reach 40K next year because a megalomaniac is buying a million bitcoins at $600 and selling them to a million people at $650 so that they can trade them worthless doge coins to get his bitcoins back at a profit. Then he is going to crash the market and buy all the cheap bitcoins before any of you get a chance to buy any.

Oh I see so you are a troll? Looks like we are the patsies taking you seriously.
brokedummy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:50:02 AM

Really I came here to learn about where to go to see market information, which exchanges are trustworthy. How to protect my coin from hackers. Etc. I'm not going to be selling at the panic crash, so let's just move on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: