Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bouncy Castle help for a N00b :)  (Read 1521 times)
JollyGreen (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 08:27:51 AM

So I have lots of programming experience in python and C/C++ and every other language except only a little in java Smiley

I downloaded bouncy castle and untared it, stuck the provider libraries in the appropriate directores and updated the java.security files.

I can build a simple Hello World .java app and run it, but I don't know how to setup the class paths etc... to build an app that includes other libraries.

Can someone help me build and test one of the test/example jar files?  I'm kind of clueless about java, so I don't know how to setup the paths for building apps that use the bouncy castle packages.

Help compiling crypto-146/test/src/org/bouncycastle/crypto/test/ECTest.java would be awesome!  I'm on Mac OSX and I think I can compile it fine using
javac ECTest.java

When executing java ECTest.class I get "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ECTest/class"

which I think is because it can't find SimpleTest, which that class extends.  I'm not sure how to make java find those classes/packages that this class depends on Smiley

Any help greatly appreciated Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: