Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitDice - Always wanted to make your own Bitcoin dice betting site? [Free]  (Read 12909 times)
santoryouu

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:23:44 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 11:37:25 PM by santoryouu

Did anybody test "clean" version?

Edit: OK, got it. No dice script here, only scam. Maybe closing thread is a good idea?
singula

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:32:30 PM

There is no clean version. This is not a dice site with a backdoor. This is a just backdoor with thin layer of props around it that mimick a dice site. If you remove the backdoor - nothing actually will remain to "fix". There is no wallet management, no betting system, nothing ... just the BTC stealing backdoor.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
santoryouu

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:38:24 PM

Got it, thanks for confirmation.

Do you know any open source script that could be a base for further development for a simple dice game?
singula

Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:17:12 AM

Unfortunately, I don't know of any. With dice-sites from unknown sources there will be always some risk (they could include a backdoor, perhaps not as obvious as this one, but still stealing your coins), so you'll have to inspect the code carefully before running it.

Big brother is not watching you anymore. Big brother is telling you how to live.
michaelwang32

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:06:13 AM

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fragan

Activity: 34
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:23:25 AM

Does someone have a really clean version , Evan should be banned...

Win Bitcoins at https://bitcoin-scratchticket.com
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 05:58:25 AM

Does someone have a really clean version , Evan should be banned...

There is no clean version because there's no front end

Bizmark13

Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:36:16 PM

Wow, I'm surprised by the sophistication of this scam. Just incredible. It reminds me of the Sharexcoin scam where the scammer coded an entire exchange only to later run off with everyone's coins. Sad

Also, I guess this thread is further proof that open source is the way to go (although I guess since it's a PHP script, it's open source by default).

With some tweaking, wouldn't it be possible to completely remove the backdoor and turn this into a legit dice script? The scammer already did most of the work and judging by the screenshots, it seems they did quite a good job (minus the scam bit of course). Just add a front end and voila! I have some experience in Python and Java and I know PHP isn't too different from Java so I think I could do it if there is enough interest. I think there would be a lot of demand for something like this. Perhaps the community could make something good out of this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: