Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get my cube to mine_Help please  (Read 855 times)
Liberte222 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:31:55 PM

Hello everybody,

I followed the guide in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.0

Great info.

I have the miner up and running. stratum proxy running and Slush's pool set.

However, in the CUBE config page. my Longpoll is inactive. I put my IP address (wireless network IP) which is probably wrong (where can I find the stratum proxy IP address?) into the pool address tab in the config page(put it twice, that's where I need to put it right?). I put my slush's username/password twice in the last tab. changed the clock to high. The longpoll is inactive in the cube config page.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make this work?

Please help.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:41:47 AM

The pool addresses on your Cube config page needs to be the IP of the computer running the proxy. If you're on Windows go to Start, type in CMD to open a command prompt, then type ipconfig in the command prompt to get the IP of your computer (192.168.1.xxx).

Liberte222 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:56:06 AM

The pool addresses on your Cube config page needs to be the IP of the computer running the proxy. If you're on Windows go to Start, type in CMD to open a command prompt, then type ipconfig in the command prompt to get the IP of your computer (192.168.1.xxx).

Got it. Thank you sir.

I noticed 1 thing:

The default gateway in the command prompt is different than the primary DNS in the cube config page.

Should I change it?

I noticed also that the Mhash/sec on slush's website is much much less than the miner's advertised hashing speed?

Thanks for your help

juggalodarkclow
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:23:40 AM

Got it. Thank you sir.

I noticed 1 thing:

The default gateway in the command prompt is different than the primary DNS in the cube config page.

Should I change it?

I noticed also that the Mhash/sec on slush's website is much much less than the miner's advertised hashing speed?

Thanks for your help

My primary DNS on my Cube config is the same as my router (192.168.1.1) so yours should be the same as well. Concerning the hash rate, I've noticed it takes the Cube a little while to "warm up". Also, do all of your boards show o o o o o o o  etc... or do you have any that show x x x x x x?

Liberte222 (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:44:58 AM

Got it. Thank you sir.

I noticed 1 thing:

Should I change it?

Thanks for your help

My primary DNS on my Cube config is the same as my router (192.168.1.1) so yours should be the same as well. Concerning the hash rate, I've noticed it takes the Cube a little while to "warm up". Also, do all of your boards show o o o o o o o  etc... or do you have any that show x x x x x x?

It's all 0000

my primary DNS is the same as yours but when I did the command you suggested; I found out my default gateway (not sure what that is?) is 192.168.0.1

Should I change it and update?

It's updating slowly you're right but hopefully will get there eventually.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:23:46 AM

If you're mining and getting up to speed I probably wouldn't bother with it, but if you want to go ahead. The good part is you can change back rather quickly if it causes an issue.

TheWoodser

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:55:05 AM

Got it. Thank you sir.

I noticed 1 thing:

Should I change it?

Thanks for your help

My primary DNS on my Cube config is the same as my router (192.168.1.1) so yours should be the same as well. Concerning the hash rate, I've noticed it takes the Cube a little while to "warm up". Also, do all of your boards show o o o o o o o  etc... or do you have any that show x x x x x x?

It's all 0000

my primary DNS is the same as yours but when I did the command you suggested; I found out my default gateway (not sure what that is?) is 192.168.0.1

Should I change it and update?

It's updating slowly you're right but hopefully will get there eventually.

If the computer you are on now has a gateway of 192.168.0.1   leave the gateway in the cube the same as your machine.  Also, if you have DNS problems in the future 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.6.6 are two of google's DNS servers.

Tip Jars:  BTC: 1J8y3SLzGoY2gLYScsbTZmUH7dW18J1q4S          LTC:  LMkJZ8yuwtVr57GLYZ1JRWstQTc29Cfrtn     Doge: D95sgyBbRz8xhsQMAPmACYfB8vKWUAGuTn 
Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366385.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: