Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to indicate, which cryptocoin will "make it"?  (Read 3059 times)
optikalsaint

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:15:59 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 07:39:04 AM by optikalsaint

You can have all the fancy bells and whistles available when it comes to the technology behind your coin, but if a user interested in your coin goes to your website and it looks like something that was thrown together in 2005 or earlier then there is a chance it is not going to catch on. At the end of the day we are talking about finances and most people feel more comfortable dealing with their money in a bank with clean carpets, comfy chairs, plants, and employees with buttoned up shirts then they do in a shady check cashing store where you have to talk to someone through 6+ inches of bullet proof glass. Appearance and marketing matter.

I think the name is pretty important too. When ProtoShares came out it took me weeks to stop calling it PhotoShares. In my head it looked too much like PhotoShop so my brain jelly kept mashing them together and somehow that approach made it stick with me. Same thing with Megacoin. Its simple, easy to remember, catchy, and easy to commit to memory (and it also doesn't hurt to look so similar to the other Mega online properties that people are familiar with.)

Also taking into account the number of coins that will be generated. Some coins like DOGE have already generated a ridiculous amount of coins where you have people trading them at hundreds of thousands to millions at a time. I've always thought of matters that involved finances to be like that of the theater and the number one rule of the stage is to always leave them wanting more. Take the Motorola RAZR and Apple iPhone for instance. When they were released they had catchy memorable names, a great marketing presence, and each company purposely made them scarce to make people want them more, work hard to obtain them, and inflate the amount of profit they were generating.

At the end of the day your technology behind any coin can be amazing but people like pretty shiny things. Sometimes they like funny things like DOGE but eventually things stop being funny and the joke ends up jumping the shark.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 07:46:35 AM

A ponzi that has a fancy office with nice carpets and so on is still a scam.

Put your pretty cosmetics and marketing onto something actually worthwhile, something that is not so pathetically insecure that a stupid meme can dwarf its hashing power overnight....

People do not particularly like banks that leave their vaults wide open so that a flash crowd conjured up overnight by an internet meme can just walk in and take all the money.

The fancy carpets are mere con-job, scam, bullshit, part of the scam, if there is not first off a vault...

So first off design your ASIC, so your chain will not be vulnerable to any other chain's ASICs.

Then launch the ASICs the same day you launch the chain, and hope that defenders of the chain buy more of them than attackers do.

Cute dog shaped USB ASICs might turn out to sell really well. Or maybe not.

But don't just have the cute little stocking-stuffer USB ones for the masses, also have serious 28 or 20 nano process node rigs for the businesses, banks, etc to use so they can feel confident their money will be secure.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:09:32 AM

Hey MarkM,

Why if Bitcoin is so secure do they not even offer a secure home page to visit?

Or for Christ sakes even as much as a secure download page for their end user clients. As in https ?

Much the same for the suggested 3rd party wallets too? All from unsecured http sites. How lame.

Even Litecoin fully utilizes https (secure home page and download sites)  Much less many other Crypto types. Sure lesser one's don't. But at least all the serious ones offer SECURE https DOWNLOAD PAGES. But not Bit-shit. Why exactly is that? I forget? O yea...

But Bitcoin stated it wasn't realistic to do such a thing, or something to that effect lol, whatever. I have that saved somewhere, that responce from bitcoin developers in an e-mail.

It's entirely irresponsible not to protect ALL those that visit bitcoin.org, and especially those that download it's most popular windows end user client. Above all else protect those that don't know to protect themselves. Even the Banksters know that much. Gee, ya think?

Sure they can check the digital sig on that download but the typical end user doesn't even know what the heck that is! But that doesn't protect them from being followed home by the likes of assholes that belong in the gas chambers. In other words they can be sniffed and their IP's logged when merely visiting either bitcoin.org or the end user download clients webpage, both beling merely http  

And then their going to soon be owned if any assholes are lurking there for their next victims. And all because Bitcoin.org didn't care to secure it's own end users.

So unless of course their on TOR and/or using a secure VPN their wide open to exploitation and attack, and bit-shit doesn't give a damn about that either, at least not so far!

How do I know that? Because I was one of the few that tried in vain this year to fix that issue, and bitcoin developers dismissed the need for it. And just another reason why your hero Bit-shit is a failure and disaster waiting to occur just as soon as more blow-back hits the airwaves! The lead developer as well as the entire USA based Bitcoin Foundation needs to be replaced if they cannot get their acts together very fast. Already the vast majority is fed up to the max with their bullshit. Soon it will be entirely overwhelming and a mass mutiny should things not swiftly and entirely change for the better. How would I know such a thing. Because I am not a wet behind the ears greenhorn man-child.

You can ramble on with your clueless comments MarkM till hell freezes over but after reviewing the last one in this thread I have already discounted entirely your knowledge of just about everything concerning crypto's. Or at the very least your credibility is shot to hell and worse after these last couple posts of yours here in this thread as far as I am concerned. But by all means prove me wrong!

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Slingshot

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:19:03 AM

Bitcoin is only now starting to become reasonably secure, because it is starting to deploy ASICs...
-MarkM-

WRONG. FLAT OUT DEAD WRONG. In fact the exact opposite in true. See my prior post for that! Of course all your FUD is wrong on this thread MarkM, and I believe you know that.

I would ask what the hell are you smoking tonight but why bother beating on yet another dead horse?

Goodnight folks, & Good Luck. With clowns like this the driving force behind Bitcoin we are all going to need a ton of Luck, especially Bitcoin (Bit-shit)!

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 08:22:45 AM

Huh? Your points merely underline the fact that securing a blockchain based currency is insanely massively expensive and difficult.

You evidently agree with me that even Bitcoin, with all the millions or billions spent on it so far, is still not secure.

The whole https ecosystem is insecure, it is itself a man in the middle attack in effect, even ignoring all the demonstrated hacks against it.

It seems mostly to install a false sense of security into people.

So yes work is going on to develop and deploy better security than https.

In the meanwhile signatures work fine, and if your grandmother or who-ever cannot handle signatures then isn't that a business-opportunity to come up with something better than the broken-by-design https system and the inability of the marketers / educators / browser or client interface designers to design a signature system that grandma can understand?

Oh wait, my distro does check signatures when it downloads and installs packages, doesn't yours?

Yes there is lots of work still to be done to secure even just one single chain.

Blockchains are insanely expensive to secure. It is not even clear yet that even one single blockchain can be secured, let alone more than one.

Maybe blockchains are just too impractical for real world use and we need something better.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
mnghwa

Activity: 224

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:36:33 AM

i don't think we should bother with prediction. For instance, i mine 10-10000 coins, depends on difficulty and move along (laptop mining).
I usually get more coins from giveaway then from mining, but hey, that's just me. I'm just not all into this altcoin thing to earn money. Just gathering wallets like numismatic Smiley

I think those who got real khas/Mhash in their pocket should use multipool/hashcows to earn some money. I know guy who's earning 40-60$ a day which is much in my country (like 200-300$ / day in USA). He invested in hardware when bitcoin difficulty was small so he already pay it off.

The main altcoin problem is their diversity. Too many of them on same amount of people. Let say there are 10,000 people trading 50 types altcoins. Thats just too much types of altoins. Altcoins traders pool must be above 100,000 or more. Number of traders were taken as example.

Altcoin stream has to work on marketing - demand must rise as much as possible (alson gonna take time).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:12:50 PM

Would you care to explain to the rest of us exactly how for example: CPU mined  Securecoin and Quark are allegedly  'train-wrecks waiting to happen'Huh And of course Primecoin too since it's not quite as well secured against attack exploits as the first two mentioned CPU mined Crypto (Securecoin and Quark).  

I say BULLSHIT to this claim of MarkM's. And I am requesting that you explain yourself here!
 I will also PM you if you don't soon respond here in this tread. I for one desire answers and I am quite serious about getting some here, just in case your really in the know about something(s) that no one else is.
MarkM's point about CPU mining being eventually wrecked by ASICs is correct.

take a step back from your investments and fealty to CPU coins for a second and use what happened to bitcoin as a roadmap.

bitcoin started with CPU mining, which was quickly overtaken by GPU mining.  

FPGAs quickly followed, because they're easy to program and customise.  then fabs for asics ramped up, and now the difficulty is out of reach for hobby miners.

CPU coins will eventually fall to the same fate, because technology progresses, and people have always come up with tech to innovate around roadblocks (e.g. scrypt).

think of FPGA and ASICs as disruptive technology.  there is no point pissing against the wind.

MarkM is correct about ASIC technology eventually crushing CPU power.  ASICs should not be percieved as a personal threat to your income stream; they should be viewed as insuring the integrity of the coins themselves. MarkM also discusses this in detail.

computers go obsolete.  your phone has a more powerful computer than the apollo spacecraft.  is it really 'bullshit' that nobody would ever be able to design an ASIC to emulate CPU mining?  

Not only will it happen, it will happen much sooner than you will expect.  

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Slingshot

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:27:37 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 11:54:17 PM by Slingshot

Your full of crap! And thanks for proving that here. My mission is accomplished.

"FEAR, FEAR, FEAR...bla bla bla"

"Wild Eyed Conspiracy Theory...bla bla bla"

"Sell sell sell"

"You must believe because we are the only path to greatness...".

'You must Buy Bit-Crap (Bitcoin)'.
==================================================

So you ignore the FACT that https is extremely hard to hack compared to http

And ignore that packet sniffers cannot sniff https to determine who is visiting
thus protecting users from follow home assholes, maybe just like yourselves.

Thus twisting and spinning to the point of utter proof that your as silly as a
little bitch pissing in gale force headwinds with your invalid BitCrap claims and
comparisons of which your merely talking out the side of your crooked, lying
mouths, or merely talking about topics you clearly don't understand nor have
any practical expert knowledge of. No wonder the entire Bitcoin ecosystem today
is clamoring for drastic changes from the top down inside of the Bitcoin Community!

And as for all this other nonsense you spout that you think you know what
your talking about. YOU DON'T. You Know that. Or at least I strongly suspect that
you know your being extremely disingenuous and completely insincere. And in case
you didn't know that until know, well now you do!

Your living proof what a bunch of ass-wipes many are today in this 2nd Gilded Age
of Greed & Fraud.

Toss in the multitude of other points retorted that again you absolutely dismissed
and refused to touch on at all and it's glaringly obvious who is full of Bullshit!

Lastly, you haven't got even nary a clue about what you have been muttering
on about. You compare apples to oranges than make a fools comparison.

As for Bitcoin: Well I was and am a huge fan of it. But when Bit-Crap
ass-wipe clowns insist on lying, spreading misinformation, and disinformation, as
well as pure FUD and worse then I don't hesitate to rub the truth in their faces. As
well as call them exactly what they are themselves. As for your spinning things to
suit your needs and desires; it merely proves you have sociopath tendencies.

Thanks all the same but NO Thanks. I wont be grossly over supporting an inferior
Crypto such as Bitcoin. Especially over other vastly superior ones that are in a
new vastly superior league (PoW/PoS Hybrids). And as for them being anything that
you claim: your full of BitSHIT.

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 01:28:58 AM

Your full of crap! And thanks for proving that here. My mission is accomplished.

[inane, ritalin-fueled rant deleted]

lol,like pearls before swine. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 05:53:52 AM

Also, difficulty is far from out of reach of hobby miners.

Little USB munchkin miners are still making money, and could be had for only about $13 to $15 or so at one point.

It is much easier on a hobbyist budget to pick up a $13 to $15 item from time to time - or heck even pay $20 to $30 each for some a friend of a friend is phasing out as he moved on to larger rigs as a friend of a friend recently did - than to blow $150 or more at a time picking up a used GPU on Kijiji or Craigslist or whatever.

-MarkM-

zavtra

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 06:03:10 AM

I think anonymity will be important, which is something StableCoin will offer with its mixed transaction service, which is supposed to beat CoinValidation.

I would also definitely say that stability in general is key for any currency that is regularly used, so the name is great, although I'm not sure if its features actually bring it stability, but regardless, the name fits.

Other features are probably how much can be available. Inflation is also going to be necessary, as it encourages spending, which peercoin has.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: