Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD: Avalon 200GH/s - 5 months old - 1200w PSU - UK  (Read 1725 times)
ceyre (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:41:09 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 03:48:37 AM by ceyre

Selling this along with my Jupiter.
It's about 5 months old, bought it 2nd hand approx 3 months ago.  
Comes with Thermaltake 1200w PSU (if you want it).  Power draw is 930W.

Getting out of mining, selling some gear.

Would prefer local pick-up in West Bromwich for this one.  It's heavy as hell & probably not worth the risk of damage during any sort of shipping.

Asking ----
kmacri

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:00:40 AM

PM sent.
ceyre (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:00:37 AM

This has been sold!
 Smiley
kmacri

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:59:46 AM

received tracking #, should arrive tomorrow...
paid upfront... a lot of trust in ceyre, hope it all pans out.  so far seems good...
ceyre (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:07:31 AM

received tracking #, should arrive tomorrow...
paid upfront... a lot of trust in ceyre, hope it all pans out.  so far seems good...

Pressure's on FedEx now!  If there are any issues, you know where to go, sir!  Nice doing business.
Also... please leave Trust.  It's nice that you post, but Trust is more important round these parts.

Wink
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:45:02 AM

A 200GH avalon HuhHuhHuh

Oh dear, I suspect this is not going to end well, probably the same guy as this post, was west bromwich too

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371544.0

twistedtrick

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:46:23 PM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
ceyre (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:47:47 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 07:05:45 PM by ceyre

Guys... I sent him the miner.  Undecided  Why so much malice here?  At least give me a fair shake!
Tracking shows that it has arrived, but I haven't heard from kmacri, yet.
Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:28:51 PM

I got your pm, but may as well answer here.

I didn't call you a scammer outright, I said 'suspect' because

1. Your a new user
2. Same location as a confirmed scammer (who also was doing a deal with a knc miner as well)

but most importantly

Avalon have never made a 200GH miner, so not sure how you have one for sale

If I'm wrong will admit it.

Happy holidays Smiley

ceyre (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:37:14 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 09:15:31 PM by ceyre

I got your pm, but may as well answer here.

I didn't call you a scammer outright, I said 'suspect' because

1. Your a new user
2. Same location as a confirmed scammer (who also was doing a deal with a knc miner as well)

but most importantly

Avalon have never made a 200GH miner, so not sure how you have one for sale

If I'm wrong will admit it.

Happy holidays Smiley

kmacri has contacted me and received goods, so that should absolve some of my "guilty until proven innocence".  Tongue
I'll ask kmacri to post here and clear the air.
It was a 2-module Avalon unit, not a 200GH/s lone-miner.  I should've specified that.

kmacri

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:48:07 AM

i thought i already posted here.  received the rig yesterday.  been hashing for about 36 hours now without issue.
very happy with transaction.  have a good holidays everyone.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:43:36 AM

are these gen2 avalon chips? care to share what's the temp and power consumption at wall?

i thought i already posted here.  received the rig yesterday.  been hashing for about 36 hours now without issue.
very happy with transaction.  have a good holidays everyone.
kmacri

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:49:57 AM

are these gen2 avalon chips? care to share what's the temp and power consumption at wall?

i thought i already posted here.  received the rig yesterday.  been hashing for about 36 hours now without issue.
very happy with transaction.  have a good holidays everyone.

well, it's not plugged into any power conditioner or voltmeter, so i don't know the exact draw.  according to ceyre though, his draw was about 960W.
yes, they are gen2.  pretty fricken nice rig i got here.  really happy with it.  my roi might not be for a couple of months, but i'm okay with that.  it's my first real piece of mining gear so i had a very merry christmas checking out what i can do with this thing.  temp right now is sitting at about 69C in a really well ventilated room.  the case also ventilates really well.

edit: can anyone vouch for a good power conditioner / ups for asic miners?
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:00:16 AM

i thought i already posted here.  received the rig yesterday.  been hashing for about 36 hours now without issue.
very happy with transaction.  have a good holidays everyone.

well, it's not plugged into any power conditioner or voltmeter, so i don't know the exact draw.  according to ceyre though, his draw was about 960W.
yes, they are gen2.  pretty fricken nice rig i got here.  really happy with it.  my roi might not be for a couple of months, but i'm okay with that.  it's my first real piece of mining gear so i had a very merry christmas checking out what i can do with this thing.  temp right now is sitting at about 69C in a really well ventilated room.  the case also ventilates really well.

edit: can anyone vouch for a good power conditioner / ups for asic miners?
any chance of a pic of the miner ?

I would like to see that one
Tigggger
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:44:35 AM

I'm glad you received the unit, that you are happy, and that ceyre wasn't the scammer I thought he might be.

I only posted my reservations because there was no such thing as a 200GH avalon, and to be honest I'm still confused about what you've actually bought.

The 2 module units are avalon mini's which are gen 1 chips and hash at 60GH, and the gen 2 chips haven't been out long enough for it to be 5 months old.

So what exactly have you bought ?

pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:55:33 AM

I'm glad you received the unit, that you are happy, and that ceyre wasn't the scammer I thought he might be.

I only posted my reservations because there was no such thing as a 200GH avalon, and to be honest I'm still confused about what you've actually bought.

The 2 module units are avalon mini's which are gen 1 chips and hash at 60GH, and the gen 2 chips haven't been out long enough for it to be 5 months old.

this is why I would like to see a pic of the miner
I have had a few avalons and I haven't seen a 200 ghs one
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:04:12 PM

this is why I would like to see a pic of the miner
I have had a few avalons and I haven't seen a 200 ghs one

Me thinks some sort of Avalon clone, I have seen some weird hashing speeds about, Using the same controller board and a Different case setup, I would like to know more about this unit, As the clones was a thirsty as the real thing, About 10W per GHs, This is only 2.4w per GHs Huh some pic's please  Roll Eyes OP.
kmacri

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:39:33 PM

yeah, here's a pic.  

i'lll be honest, i am a rookie miner so a lot of the jargon that goes along with a unit, i am oblivious to.  all i truly understand at this point in my mining career is hashing & power draw.  so my apologies if i haven't been clear, its only because i dont know how to be.

cheers all
https://i.imgur.com/ZhQzh1m.jpg
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:56:36 PM

The forums don't have every product.  I think Avalon said screw-it regarding the forums after the last mini fiasco and their accounts being negative feedback for the overall delays.  Their 55nm chip is all over eBay in the same rig config:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.Xavalon+200&_nkw=avalon+200&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I just don't understand how bitfury can be 55nm and very power efficient, while the new Avalons draw over 2x the power of an ANT for same GH?  Somehow Avalons new chip results in the same power draw roughly as BFL's 65nm.   Crazy.

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:16:12 PM

thanks mate... i think i know the vendor and the local contact over here... the latest ones are 300gh with 4 modules and 1500w psu...i'll need to check out the price though...

yeah, here's a pic.  

i'lll be honest, i am a rookie miner so a lot of the jargon that goes along with a unit, i am oblivious to.  all i truly understand at this point in my mining career is hashing & power draw.  so my apologies if i haven't been clear, its only because i dont know how to be.

cheers all

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: