Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Me, the NewGuy story.  (Read 1664 times)
LibertyCrypto (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:33:19 AM

I am a Cable Guy.., sometimes an Alarm Installer.. I live in Louisiana, and Texas.. and Arkansas, and Maryland... although I'm not a resident of anywhere. For many years, I went where the work was during the busy seasons, then wandered off to visit friends or family in the off-seasons. All the while I have been a 'Silver bug'.  As of Dec. 21 2013, I have been involved in crypto-currency for just over six weeks.

Like so many other people, I became interested in BTC when the price was too high to ignore my ignorance any longer. My first notice of it was at $3, then $10, then $49, then $120.  Luckily for me, and unlike so many others I've spoken with, I followed the cardinal-rule: 'dont invest what you cant afford to loose'. Six weeks ago I began looking for an auction site for some of my silver, to trade for some BitCoin.

I found BitMit.. but before I could trade anything, it closed down.. Then I found the nice folks at CryptoThrift.com and jumped in headlong -- trading some of my nicer rounds collected, and drop shipping other 'unique hand made items' some of my friends and acquaintances were into. In no time I had earned 20 LTC, which I traded for BTC just before the *CRASH OF 2013* :smile: - Some of it I invested in Scharmbeck shares at 0.005 and the rest I put into WDC, except for 10 LTC which I sold on eBay, and nearly $400 I had left in USD when my financial adviser 'FONTASE' (tongue in cheek) advised us all about the coming China Bitcoin Debacle..

-
My first crypto-catastrophe was in the eBay case mentioned above - a paypal/eBay charge back case ..where my buyer claimed 'unauthorized access' to his account, but that ended in my favor (thank the gods), when I requested they review logs to find evidence of an unauthorized users actions.. They could find no evidence that anyone other than the registered user had used this persons account and i was given the rather ridiculous amount I had the individual LTC listed for..

But like I said.. I was a silver bug.. I collect new-issue rounds in small numbers and sit on them; keeping a handful of each after their value has exploded and I've traded them away for the next batch.  There's something about NOT using Federal Debt Receipts for an exchange that I really like. I'm certain that's what has ultimately got me so hooked on BitCoin & Alt.Coin.

Lots to learn - So late to the game. I'm excited - Project ideas to come.
Soon I will be able to upload an avatar!! -w00t.
Can't wait to mee you all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:13:08 AM

Welcome!

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:54:09 AM

Whassup fellow silver bug... If you ever want to cash out any btc to silver I use:

http://www.amagimetals.com/

I got a lot of half dollars with my last "junk" silver purchase...

I read that http://agoracommodities.com/

is good too... but there many scams out there as I'm sure you know...

Do you do any metal detecting?

Ma'am, I'm going need to check the cable lines, going to need to do a little digging...  Wink
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:00:31 AM

Whassup fellow silver bug... If you ever want to cash out any btc to silver I use:

http://www.amagimetals.com/

I got a lot of half dollars with my last "junk" silver purchase...

I read that http://agoracommodities.com/

is good too... but there many scams out there as I'm sure you know...

Do you do any metal detecting?

Ma'am, I'm going need to check the cable lines, going to need to do a little digging...  Wink

Agora Commodities is awesome.  After all, where else can you get such a great deal on these in the US?
https://agoracommodities.com/product/silver-bitcoin-specie/

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
mindfulmojo

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:21:00 AM

That is definitely cool...  Smiley

I wonder how much they would pay for it on ebay...lol
btcplus

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:11:54 AM

Nice history mate!

Welcome! Smiley
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:17:38 AM

That is definitely cool...  Smiley

I wonder how much they would pay for it on ebay...lol

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw=bitcoin+silver+MSRP

mindfulmojo

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:33:37 AM

OMFG! I was just kind of joking.. I mean I knew there would be a premium...

But holeeee shit...lol I might have to start selling on ebay again.

Thanks...  Smiley
LibertyCrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my post. It was nice to come back after a day afloat in the forums to see that someone noticed and replied to my post. I haven't been out to amagimetals.com yet, but It's my next stop on the Internets.  I know eBay has a wonderful markup from my own experience there. This week I actually sold an ounce of silver for $275 =) Merry Christmas!! (= 

x2 on the eBay 'But holeeee shit...lol' comment
No doubt folks see the QR code and the .25BTC and do some math..
Not taking into account that it's still just an ounce of silver.

I do love that round.. and the QR link to calculate itself when used in trade is cool...
but other than being worth .25 at the time it was minted, I cant really get behind that .25 bit.

Kinda like NORFED or AOCS putting USD numbers on sh*t.

If you care to enlighten me?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my post. It was nice to come back after a day afloat in the forums to see that someone noticed and replied to my post. I haven't been out to amagimetals.com yet, but It's my next stop on the Internets.  I know eBay has a wonderful markup from my own experience there. This week I actually sold an ounce of silver for $275 =) Merry Christmas!! (= 

x2 on the eBay 'But holeeee shit...lol' comment
No doubt folks see the QR code and the .25BTC and do some math..
Not taking into account that it's still just an ounce of silver.

I do love that round.. and the QR link to calculate itself when used in trade is cool...
but other than being worth .25 at the time it was minted, I cant really get behind that .25 bit.

Kinda like NORFED or AOCS putting USD numbers on sh*t.

If you care to enlighten me?

Thank you for this question.

tl;dr
It is pretty simple.  Scan the QR for the value.

Or further enlightenment is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269535.0;all

In brief, there is a denomination emblazoned on the pieces as a historical marker reflective of an approximate amount for the year.  (In the beginning of 2013 1 ounce of silver was worth more than a single bitcoin, and a quarter bitcoin is actually about the mean value for the year, so it was a pretty good guess.)
The value is not the nominal value, and is instead represented by the QR code, which when scanned provides the current real-time value in Bitcoin and in the major currencies of the world.

Future generations and historians can see these pieces for what they are and were, representational of the value for the year they were minted.

This is also an educational element.  A US silver dollar (or silver doubloon, or any other silver coin) is today going to have a much higher value than its nominal value.  The opposite of this is true with Bitcoin.  This stark difference highlights the special nature of Bitcoin. 

So with the QR linked site, not only do they have a permanent utility as a transactional currency that can be used to pay for items denominated in bitcoin at point of sale, a form of outreach to those new to bitcoin, and an educational facility.

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:45:06 PM

Guys why not we think Selling Gold and Silver and investing in Crypto, Forget all centralized and lets make it Large.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

Guys why not we think Selling Gold and Silver and investing in Crypto, Forget all centralized and lets make it Large.

We are thinking the same, actually.  Specie isn't investment, it is pocket change.
The bitcoin specie project makes Bitcoin, the virtual currency unique and better in yet another way.  No national fiat currency has specie today.  Bitcoin does, and Bitcoin benefits from this in many ways.

LibertyCrypto (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:19:34 PM

there is a denomination emblazoned on the pieces as a historical marker reflective of an approximate amount for the year.

Right, I get that. historical marker and all. Certainly better than putting $10 on a 2006 NORFED round.. because the USD is trash and .25BTC 2013 represents what it represents. I like it even better than seeing 'FIFTY' on 1oz silver rounds..  And the QR link to the exchange rate is like a built in 1oz silver round calculator. + it's super beautiful.. but ya know people will forever be goin' .. ''but.. .25BTC equals.. such and such''  ..which i suppose will keep people talking about it.. So, um 'never mind.  Cheesy

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:39:49 PM

there is a denomination emblazoned on the pieces as a historical marker reflective of an approximate amount for the year.

Right, I get that. historical marker and all. Certainly better than putting $10 on a 2006 NORFED round.. because the USD is trash and .25BTC 2013 represents what it represents. I like it even better than seeing 'FIFTY' on 1oz silver rounds..  And the QR link to the exchange rate is like a built in 1oz silver round calculator. + it's super beautiful.. but ya know people will forever be goin' .. ''but.. .25BTC equals.. such and such''  ..which i suppose will keep people talking about it.. So, um 'never mind.  Cheesy

That is in fact the point of doing it.
If in 5 years, .25 BTC is the price of a car and in 2013 was the price of an ounce of silver, that is the lesson.

It is the same lesson that folks get when a silver dollar is now worth multiples more than a silver dollar, but the opposite direction.  Together these two lessons tell the tale of central banking's fiat vs our beloved distributed currency.  $ < Commodity < Bitcoin

niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:40:48 PM

Welcome to the forums!
Smiley
Sberbank

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:54:58 PM

Welcome Wink
pao_de_lo
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:10:16 PM

Welcome!

I'm from Brazil

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
-- HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
-- -- [SUCCESS
RAISE
.US$18mil+.]
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:30:40 PM

@LibertyCrypto Very nice introduction anyways Ebay is a powerful market but the chargeback is not a good deal.
SlackProjects

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:41:48 PM

Yhup, I'm the new guy now.

I came here to read posts and learn stuff.
See you around 'mate
Critek

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

Welcome mate!
Nice to meet ya
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: