Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ArmoryD update?  (Read 918 times)
Automatic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:43:27 AM

So, I didn't bump my old thread for reasons that I'd rather not explain here, but, I was told:-
Are you familiar with "bitcoind" (vs Bitcoin-Qt)?  We have a "daemon" version of Armory as well:  armoryd.py which behave almost identically to bitcoind, but gives you access to watching-only wallets, better transaction ledgers, etc.

The link above points to the armoryd.py on the master branch, which is currently pretty bare.  However, you can easily run it in offline mode and having it load and distribute addresses from a watching-only wallet.  If you put it in online mode, you will also be able to access transaction history and verify payments.    But it will crash every few days (because that's what 0.88.1 did).

In a couple weeks, that script (on the master branch) will be updated with a much-improved version.  We've actually already finished most of it, but will need to merge in some other changes that aren't ready for this release.  This version will implement most of the same functionality as bitcoind.

Either way, you should familiarize yourself with how bitcoind works, and then you will be able to access armoryd.py exactly the same way.  Even better, you could make a modification of armoryd.py which has your application built into it.  This is much more preferable than starting from scratch, because armoryd.py already has all the networking hooks, event loops, wallet load ops, etc integrated and working.  You would simply need to add code to the methods that process new transactions, etc. 

Can discuss at greater length after this release it out.  But if you are unfamiliar with bitcoind, you should do some research on that and how to use it and integrate it into web services.  Doing so will give you a non-deterministic, full wallet.  If you have that working, switching to armoryd.py for deterministic, watching-only will be trivial (when it's ready).   Or if you really just need a process that can read a watching-only wallet and get addresses on demand (but without transaction history), I can post a small python fragment that does that.

Anyway, I see that ArmoryD has yet to be updated (last update 3 months ago), is there any status on said update? Thanks.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:53:35 AM

As usual, some other high priority stuff jumped in front of us.  But it's so close to being done, maybe CircusPeanut can spend an hour making sure that there's a commit that includes the latest armoryd.py and the refactored code that it needs.  I'm pretty sure we have it, it's just a little disorganized. 

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
morningtime

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

As usual, some other high priority stuff jumped in front of us.  But it's so close to being done, maybe CircusPeanut can spend an hour making sure that there's a commit that includes the latest armoryd.py and the refactored code that it needs.  I'm pretty sure we have it, it's just a little disorganized. 

Yes please. This is very useful, so we can start launching armory on web servers w/ watch-only wallets.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2013, 05:46:14 PM

I'm fairly certain that we have a working armoryd.py on the 0.91-dev branch.  That branch is experiencing a little turbulence, but we've been pretty good about making sure things run before we push to it.

That branch has the updated armoryd.py.  Feel free to try it and report any issues.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
morningtime

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:28:20 AM

Thanks! I have tested branch 0.91-dev and it's good. I just have an issue with the listtransactions method. I created a git issue: https://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory/issues/151

Most methods work, like getinfo or getreceivedbyaddress, but listtransactions fails. getledger also fails. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: