Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Bitcoin World!  (Read 637 times)
MadMoneyMachine (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:35:31 AM

This is my first post. I'm usually more of the lurker type. Today I realized that just like bitcoin-qt processing the whole blockchain on startup before it can see recent transactions, I need to process the history of bitcoin before I can make a contribution. Glad I didn't wait any longer to get started!

I have experience in the fields of information security (I once wrote an end-to-end email encryption system for a company research and development project. I also helped set up some corporate PKIs.) and in investing (I did a podcast on investing). Those two paths intersect somewhat at bitcoin.  I also have an interest in personal freedom vs. state control. As evidence, last year I put together a book that compiled some of the most important Anti-Federalist papers translated into modern english. Amazing how prophetic George Mason and Patrick Henry were. This path too intersects somewhat with the others at bitcoin.

As a result of these paths crossing (and perhaps some others), I am drawn tightly into the bitcoin circle. I believe that bitcoin is no less than a miracle put here on earth to help good win its battle over evil. Therefore, I hope to contribute to the good fight.

My processing of the "blockchain" is not yet complete, but I am eager to get started with what I've processed so far. I have repurposed my podcast to focus on bitcoin instead of investing. I plan to attend some local meetups and start networking with real-life humans. Whatever I can do to help, I'll try to do it.

It took me a while to see the circle in which I find myself, even though I first acquired some bitcoins in 2012. Perhaps I was just waiting for proof that bitcoin would really succeed and take hold. Well, I'm convinced now.

I look forward to making a contribution where I can. See you soon.

Paul Boyer - MadMoneyMachine.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: