Bitcoin Forum
August 15, 2024, 05:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Holds - advice on profile  (Read 126 times)
JohnDeer (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:22:02 AM

Hi Guys,

Relatively new to the crypto scene. Started at the beginning of the year (not exactly the best time) and have been buying on the dips to drive my cost averages down.

Looking to reshuffle a few coins and organise for long term holds, thinking of aiming for the following:

~10% in Cardano, Nano, Iota, Nem, Neo, VeChain, Ripple

~5% in Digibyte, Power Ledger, Stellar Lumens, Verge, OmiseGO and Sia

I already have something quite close and would only need to purchase VeChain and Neo.

What do you guys think Smiley ?
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:40:05 AM

If you are not holding Bitcoin, Ethereum and Tether, I think it is a great mistake, go and check last year run up, Bitcoin and Ethereum out perform the whole Altcoin market, there will be a time that you might also need Tether to buy the dip of Ethereum and BTC, look when Ether was $400 and no one is picking it up at that price, funny isn't it
kajin

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:48:14 AM

If you are not holding Bitcoin, Ethereum and Tether, I think it is a great mistake, go and check last year run up, Bitcoin and Ethereum out perform the whole Altcoin market, there will be a time that you might also need Tether to buy the dip of Ethereum and BTC, look when Ether was $400 and no one is picking it up at that price, funny isn't it

Personally, I use altcoins to accumulate more BTC. Because of this. BTC is king in this market and will continue to be for years to come. It will rise to triple digits imo.

That being said, there are a few projects that stand to be worthy of long term holds. VeChain is my biggest long-term hold. Been holding since 30c and will continue to hold. Those masternodes will pay my through retirement. Honestly the best project in terms of fundamentals. Jim Breyer as an investor? PwC incubator? Parternships out the wazoo and Sunny Lu handles everything with grace and elegance. They got style man, and I guarantee they will be Top 5 over the next year.

Besides VEN, I'm big on XLM (and maybe Ripple by association) for similar reasons. The market share to be had is large, and their target audience: the 2 billion unbanked.

A long long long term hold you should consider is FIC Network. They will be facilitating mass adoption through fixed income markets. Great for institutional money, which is ultimately needed to drive the next major bull cycle.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:24:39 AM

Hi Guys,

Relatively new to the crypto scene. Started at the beginning of the year (not exactly the best time) and have been buying on the dips to drive my cost averages down.

Looking to reshuffle a few coins and organise for long term holds, thinking of aiming for the following:

I already have something quite close and would only need to purchase VeChain and Neo.

Coins above, I just keep Nano and Stellar.
for Nano itself, long term hold!
while for stellar I will sell if it has reached profit target.
vladmiranda

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:27:16 AM

I say throw some money in random alts like 5% with a sell strategy of when it goes up you dip out of it.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

ADA, NEO, ETH imho will grow faster than other top altcoins. What do you think good choice?

traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

Your portfolio looks quite good - I am pretty sure VeChain and Cardano will grow a lot this year...

I would also recommend CPchain - its called young brother of Vechain, it has similar market cap - but price is around $0.13 comparing to $5.2 for VeChain!
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:24:03 PM

I think it is better if you hold a large percentage of your money in stable and vast coin like bitcoin and ethereum before investing the later part in altcoin which are also very stable because this coin will yield huge profit when you hold them on long term irrespective of the fluctuation they they may face, they will still rise beyond expectation.
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:56:56 PM

Hi Guys,

Honestly I'm not quite familiar the other coins that you mentioned,  Cardano, Neo, Iota, Ripple, Verge, are pretty good to invest. But why did you not invest in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin? That three coins are really great to invest and there's a big chance to gain a huge profits.
Sermihal

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:07:07 PM

Good idea. Some very good altcoins are in your briefcase. Neo is the best time to buy, I bought it for 100 ((((. Buy a very good altcoins and a good time for this.
kryptos.com

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:38:34 PM

I would suggest investing in EOS. The main launch is scheduled for next month and if all goes smoothly the price can get a lot higher by the end of 2018. Right now the price is fairly low, so the time is right for a purchase in my opinion. The project set some huge goals and if they can manage to fulfil them they can even compite with Ethereum. They are currently 5th on CoinMarketCap and they are still in an ICO stage, which says a lot about people believing in their future.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:43:47 PM

Hi Guys,

I like most of your 10% coins, not so keen on the 5% ones.
I would be tempted to go for Waltonchain in preference to VeChain. Also I would recommend getting some Ethereum and Bitcoin.

Just personal preferences though; everyone will have a different opinion.

anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:44:37 PM

no more comments I have to give. your investment plan is right, maybe I can give a little correction, that ripple position may be replaced with omisego or sia.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: