Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Icebreaker - Hashfast Employee?  (Read 6158 times)
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:12:56 AM

Claiming that he is in Canada is hardly proof.  Last time I checked, they had "the internets" there.

Regardless of his current location, Eduardo is far too busy testing Batch 1 to be posting on internet forums.  That's why I'm here.

When he did post, months ago, he used the main HashFast account.

"Ice"breaker is an early "Ice"drill investor.  Icedrill is using HashFast ASICs, so it gets confusing!   Smiley

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:18:14 AM

So this is him?

We will be shipping in October.

He's got plenty of time to make promises, on the forums, but when it comes to answering for those promises, he's "too busy"? Gotcha.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:24:23 AM

i dont believe icebreaker is eduardo either (though it wouldve explained a lot if it was)

Icebreaker is just a grade A IceHole with a huge chip on his shoulder.

While being an icehole, in itself.. is annoying but not technically against the rules...  the way he goes about his attacks, bullying, baiting and harassment of people and companies.. and then complains when it finally happens to him... is really immature.  it wouldnt shock me if he was just a kid (or very immature kidult)
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:28:12 AM

So this is him?

He's got plenty of time to make promises, on the forums, but when it comes to answering for those promises, he's "too busy"? Gotcha.

That post is from early August, before we had even taped-out and when things were a lot more quiet.  It states the earliest anticipated shipping date at that time.  Since then the anticipated delivery date window has been narrowed based on subsequent events.

Several HashFast execs use the main account (John, Simon, Eduardo) so I'm not sure which one wrote it.

The important thing is what the TOS states as the guaranteed delivery date, which for Batch One is Dec 31.

Best,

-HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
dhenson (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:34:40 AM

The important thing is what the TOS states as the guaranteed delivery date, which for Batch One is Dec 31.

Best,

-HF_CL

Actually, the 'important thing' is the stated delivery date of October 20th, not the hidden ex post facto TOS ninja edit of December 31st.

Please don't try to sell it as if you guys are on track for delivery when in fact your customers have all been swindled.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:35:42 AM

So all your orders will be shipped and delivered in the next 9 days, with a major holiday happening in the middle?
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:36:23 AM

How about this one?

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

What's John got to say now?

Buy & Hold
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 07:44:50 AM

So all your orders will be shipped and delivered in the next 9 days, with a major holiday happening in the middle?

Yes, we anticipate delivery in the next 9 days or sooner.  Otherwise refunds will be issued.

Batch One is currently being tested.  All orders are being sent overnight.

If you are trying to host your BabyJet at a colo that only accepts rackmount, there may be an adapter capable of converting the ATX desktop to rails.

This is what I found:

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/products/analog-systems-controls/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10505&p_family_id=10505&p_range_id=5553

Any Custom Hardware gurus reading this, please weigh in.

Best,

-HF_CL

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:46:54 AM

Will you ever answer all the refund questions? How are people who paid a bitcoin price in bitcoin going to be reimbursed?
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:11:56 AM

Yes, we anticipate delivery in the next 9 days or sooner.  Otherwise refunds will be issued.

Seriously? You're just going to pretend the "Saturday shipping" quote was never said? Let me refresh your memory again.

John S. (VP Sales) just told me Baby Jets should start shipping out on Saturday!

Buy & Hold
Bakal

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:13:43 AM

*sigh* another ninja statement.
HarrisonS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:33:06 PM

If you are trying to host your BabyJet at a colo that only accepts rackmount, there may be an adapter capable of converting the ATX desktop to rails.

This is what I found:

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/products/analog-systems-controls/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10505&p_family_id=10505&p_range_id=5553

Best,

-HF_CL

The Baby Jet will not be able to be modded to be rack mounted. It may be possible with other cases, but not the one used for Baby Jets (I think its a corsair 750D). It is too wide to fit in a standard 19" rack. In addition, the radiator is mounted in the top of the case, if it was mounted in a rack the hot air would pool between it and the adjacent rack.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:27:20 PM

I find it hard to believe icebreaker is associated in any way to HF.. If anything he is a paid shill from a competitor. Nobody makes HF look as bad as icebreaker does.
HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 01:35:49 PM

This is what I found:

Best,

-HF_CL

The Baby Jet will not be able to be modded to be rack mounted. It may be possible with other cases, but not the one used for Baby Jets (I think its a corsair 750D). It is too wide to fit in a standard 19" rack. In addition, the radiator is mounted in the top of the case, if it was mounted in a rack the hot air would pool between it and the adjacent rack.

Thanks for the correction.  It's refreshing to discuss custom hardware in the 'Custom Hardware' sub for a change.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:40:08 PM

Frankly it would probably be easiest to just transplant the innards from the babyjet to a rack case. If the modules are worth is the 50btc just move them to a case that fits your needs. 

I think the bigger obstacle is not knowing the power load.  Most data centers need to know the load so they can be sure their UPS system can handle it all or if they needed additional capacity. Also for billing obviously.
amer

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

I find it hard to believe icebreaker is associated in any way to HF.. If anything he is a paid shill from a competitor. Nobody makes HF look as bad as icebreaker does.

Agreed. I would distance myself from Icebreaker if I worked at HashFast. Having someone run around and launch personal attacks on your customers is not someone to be associated with.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:57:12 PM

This is what I found:

Best,

-HF_CL

Thanks for the correction.  It's refreshing to discuss custom hardware in the 'Custom Hardware' sub for a change.

for rack mount use, airflow needs to be one way.  most data centers will only allow equipment to be used that conforms to their 'hot aisle' and 'cold aisle' plan.

a desktop pc case, can't easily be modified to get the airflow going one way.  its got fans all over the shop.   its not impossible, but its really pointless.   you would be much better off if you just took out the hashfast mobo and cooling system, and re-mount them in a rack mount pc case.

-- Jez

HarrisonS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:08:20 PM

This is what I found:

Best,

-HF_CL

for rack mount use, airflow needs to be one way.  most data centers will only allow equipment to be used that conforms to their 'hot aisle' and 'cold aisle' plan.

a desktop pc case, can't easily be modified to get the airflow going one way.  its got fans all over the shop.   its not impossible, but its really pointless.   you would be much better off if you just took out the hashfast mobo and cooling system, and re-mount them in a rack mount pc case.

-- Jez

The case is still 21.5" tall, which when mounted sideways would be too big to fit in a 19" rack.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:37:47 PM

So this is him?

That post is from early August, before we had even taped-out and when things were a lot more quiet.  It states the earliest anticipated shipping date at that time.  Since then the anticipated delivery date window has been narrowed based on subsequent events.

Several HashFast execs use the main account (John, Simon, Eduardo) so I'm not sure which one wrote it.

Best,

-HF_CL

User accounts should never be shared, this is security 101 and a little thing called "Non Repudiation".
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:19:15 AM

Where did iCEBREAKER go? Always bet on ice? When you're gone I can't even place my bets anymore.

Accusations of Bitcoinorama or Cypherdoc and others have popped up as threads before, interesting to see how Hashfat_CL responded so quickly and aggressively against iCEBREAKER's thread, no? No relationship at all beyond ice being an early investor of icedrill? We can see what a person is both by what he does and doesn't do- and through this incident I think it is safe to infer that HashFast has been monitoring this subforum and thread closely, and failed to respond to any customer complaints for months while pushing full on for ice on the drop of a hat.

Changed ToS, delayed substrates, a few more days, twitter and forum propaganda (Why propoganda? Because the intent is to mislead, as repeatedly proven by later timeframes), Saturday shipping, we promise! Oh, MMP? There's an afterthought, we'll deal with that later Smiley Now nothing yet. Now the official stance is hey, we never promised shipping in October, suckers! We've always promised in tiny little fine print end of the year! Tell me, do you fucking read Apple's ToS every iTunes update? People out of habit trust companies that seem professional, and in August everything clearly stated shipping in October, but what Hashfast has displayed since then is unprofessionalism and more false marketing. This thread as of now has 166k views. For all guests and new customers, please, please, please do your due diligence before buying any mining hardware. Think logically, and sift through all the bullshit on this freedom of speech forum we have here.

What have you achieved since inception? Four batches of unshipped BabyJets, Four batches of unshipped Sierras, unknown and murky MMP, constant updates on developments but delays in the actual marketed shipping times in such a time crucial industry. What value do you have as a Bitcoin Mining company? Your products are neither the most powerful, the most cost efficient, lowest Gh/W. What are you standing on?

And CL, how.. how can you have quotes such as "Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back" when you yourself are perpetuating the opposite? Oppressing customers that have placed their trust in you? Perhaps you are just a cog in the machine, the soldier in a massacre, it's your job and you're just following orders. But look at this situations, evidence, and facts- there is no community liaison between this subforum and Hashfast. Only an one sided voice while the other fumes and clings and claws for any bit of information for hope, for hopes of salvaging the thousands in dollars they placed for a nice Bitcoin Mining Machine.

Always bet on ice? A good rule of thumb might be to do everything opposite
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: