Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CONCEPT] CryptoMiners  (Read 3520 times)
Pikachu4170 (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:47:20 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 10:16:22 PM by Pikachu4170

CryptoMiners is a concept I have in mind of attempting to rent a business building sitting next to my state road that has been unused for years without and use it as a mining facility.

The building is a 5 story glass structure that has started construction in 2007 and was finalized in 2010. The structure was left there with nobody using it. So, to prepare for the new CryptoCurrencies to be legally usable as real currency, I am going to use it as a mining facility so people can rent for slots to collect their choice of CryptoCurrency. The company will also provide exchanges as well!

We will be mining Bitcoins primarily, but we will be mining Dogecoins as a secret service.

Each floor should have 4 Raspberry Pis (Model B) loaded up with Raspbian (Debian port for Raspberry Pi) each containing 8 ASIC miners. All 4 Pis will be monitored on a Debian 8 (jessie) server.

We will only have Floor 2 of the building to leave the other floors to the other people who want to lease/rent (Floor 1 will possibly be some hub).

All custom-built servers should be tested, setted up, and linked before we get the building and place the servers on the facility and the workers (Including myself) will practice mining.

Like a bank, the company has to have strict security features due to the misuse of Bitcoin being a currency to buy illegal material (And Florida is known for crime, after all). You must be over 18 years old, must show your Birth Certificate, Social Security Number, ID (Drivers License, Passport, etc.), and criminal records (We will check your criminal records if you have never committed any crime involving drugs and/or use of weaponry) to register for a slot. For exchanging and/or receiving a paper wallet, you must be over 13 years old, and provide your ID (Passport, etc.)
-=-
Q&A:

Q1. LOL, WTF is Linux?
A1. *facepalm*

Q2. This is all wrong!
A2. This is still on it's rough draft. More things should be changed when time progresses.

Q3. Where is the building located?
A3. All I can tell is it's in Florida. I can't give you crap-tons of information where it is (I don't wanna get hunted down!).

Q4. I wanna change something on this draft!
A4. Be my guest! Reply to this and I will think about it

Q5. How much for renting to get the coins?
A5. AFAIK: $40/month for Bitcoin, and $5/month for Dogecoins.

Q6. What pool are you gonna use?
A6. Well, we are not gonna use public pools. Instead, the facility WILL have it's own private pool that the 15 servers will mine in to get the coins. The rig is the building!

Q7. Sounds interesting! This seriously needs to be put up on Kickstarter!
A7. In the middle of Yes and No. I am afraid I am not gonna meet Kickstarter's policy requirements (I can't use the money I got from the funding for getting real estate and for things I didn't create). But, we can try IndieGoGo if you wish...

Q8. Any pictures I can look?
A8. Yes. Qwilleran posted this image:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/67147230.jpg

Q9. DO RESEARCH!
A9. Everything should be researched and studied before we rent the facility. We are not trying to be fast here.

Q10. This is too much "engrish"!
A10. Nobody is perfect, you know.

Q11. What if the building is fully leased/rented by someone else?
A11. Then, we move on to find another facility to work with.
-=-
Leave a reply with your thoughts and ideas for this concept!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:08:39 AM

They make 32gb ram?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:10:48 AM

"very powerful datacenter servers " is wrong because that would entail using xeons and server motherboards which don't have many pcie slots.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:12:15 AM

Why do you care if data center edition gets 32 cpus? You only have 1.

Does x86 even support 64gb memory? You barely need 2 for gpu mining..

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:12:47 AM

Why is your English so bad?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:13:43 AM

It's called nt kernel not nt technology.

Jesus this is a horrible idea.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:14:37 AM

Why the unlocked haswell? Why ssds? Wow.

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:31:01 AM

Windows 2000? That hasn't been supported by Microsoft for 3 years...why should anyone trust a network running on antiquated software. "Nostalgia" has no place in a commercial network and presents a gaping security hole one could park an aircraft carrier in. You could just use a modern Linux package instead of Micro$oft which any self-respecting miner would be anyway.

What you basically propose is you would build a bunch of GPU miners that are basically gaming PCs (not servers), with Windows 2000 on them (if you can even find compatible drivers for modern components), and mine Bitcoin (which GPUs can't do for squat these days compared to ASIC machines) and some Scrypt coins.

As an actual datacenter techie and system builder, you need to do a lot more homework  Undecided  Mining professionals don't do things this way, and absolutely no one in their right mind would fund this. Not to be harsh, keep dreaming big, but there is a lot here I think you are failing to consider, or research.

Pikachu4170 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:14:46 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 03:35:36 PM by Pikachu4170

Windows 2000? That hasn't been supported by Microsoft for 3 years...why should anyone trust a network running on antiquated software. "Nostalgia" has no place in a commercial network and presents a gaping security hole one could park an aircraft carrier in. You could just use a modern Linux package instead of Micro$oft which any self-respecting miner would be anyway.

What you basically propose is you would build a bunch of GPU miners that are basically gaming PCs (not servers), with Windows 2000 on them (if you can even find compatible drivers for modern components), and mine Bitcoin (which GPUs can't do for squat these days compared to ASIC machines) and some Scrypt coins.

As an actual datacenter techie and system builder, you need to do a lot more homework  Undecided  Mining professionals don't do things this way, and absolutely no one in their right mind would fund this. Not to be harsh, keep dreaming big, but there is a lot here I think you are failing to consider, or research.

Since "replying" here can change the draft (That's right. The post IS a rough draft.), I can scratch off the whole Windows thing for Debian (My preferred Linux Distro, BTW).
But I'm afraid of people calling me every few seconds asking me "WTF is Linux" a lot...

3 YEARS? That's how long the Homestar Runner hiatus is.
Pikachu4170 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:22:21 PM

They make 32gb ram?
Probably. But I am having an idea to change it to x64 Linux machines instead.
"very powerful datacenter servers " is wrong because that would entail using xeons and server motherboards which don't have many pcie slots.
Scratching that
Why do you care if data center edition gets 32 cpus? You only have 1.
True...
Does x86 even support 64gb memory?
I think Not...
Why is your English so bad?
Nobody is perfect in this world
OOOOOH.
Can you please never say that again.
Why the unlocked haswell? Why ssds? Wow.
SSDs have more faster data transfer speeds.
Also, WTF is haswell? Did you misspell something there?
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:38:52 PM

Hi,

A5. AFAIK: $40/month for Bitcoin, $20/month for Litecoin, and $5/month for Dogecoins (I may add more currencies soon enough).

Are you going to rent space or kh/s ?

regards,

P.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

Why do you post 5 messages in a row? I like this idea, though not in the way this is being implemented right now.

Edit: Honestly, if you're running for moderator this is creating a bad image.
Pikachu4170 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:46:43 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 09:14:15 PM by Pikachu4170

Hi,

A5. AFAIK: $40/month for Bitcoin, $20/month for Litecoin, and $5/month for Dogecoins (I may add more currencies soon enough).

Are you going to rent space or kh/s ?

regards,

P.

People rent by space (Or "slots")... I may have ~20 slots for each server (There's 15 planned per floor which equals 300 slots/floor [Floor 1 will not be counted]) and they get random payouts to their given addresses.

There will be 8 Bitcoin miner servers, 4 Litecoin miner servers, and 3 Dogecoin miner servers (Totaling 15 servers) per floor.

When they want to rent a slot to one of our options in our service, we give them a complementary wallet account (Usually, we will store them in online wallet accounts [Bitcoins=blockchain.info, Litecoin=liteaddress.org, Dogecoin=dogewallet.com] and they have to call us to check their balance) and they give us their contact information.

There is some fees, though (Signing up is free, but 1000 satoshis goes to my wallet from their daily payment).
PMB

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:50:51 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 11:05:50 PM by PMB

Hum.. but You are renting space for people to use their own servers? I understood that people rent space with your servers in it is that it?

IF so how many kh/s do you get with one server?

regards,

P.
Pikachu4170 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 11:05:57 PM

Hum.. but You are renting space for people to use their own servers? I understood that people rent space with your servers in it is that it?

IF so how many jh/s do you get with one server?

regards,

P.

The customer pays me monthly to pay them their desired cryptocurrency (BTC, LTC, DOGE) mined from one of my servers (A bit like a rental exchange).

I can't actually estimate how much MegaHashes per second I am gonna get (I do understand that Mining depends on what CPU/GPU you have, but if mining also depends on internet speed, I may be able to hook up Verizon FiOS internet to the facility), but more information will be revealed in the near future Wink
rarkenin

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:52:00 PM

Internet isn't really the bottleneck. Anyway, for SHA256 coins, why would you even consider GPUs and not ASICs? GPUs are slower and use more power per megahash. A good miner can reach into the terahashes.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 12:09:34 AM

The 4770k is a haswell no?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 12:10:19 AM

Why do you post 5 messages in a row? I like this idea, though not in the way this is being implemented right now.

Edit: Honestly, if you're running for moderator this is creating a bad image.

I'm usually on my phone and editing and quoting corrupts my messages.

rarkenin

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:13:46 AM

How come this isn't happening to everybody then? I've used these forums from my Android and my friend's iPhone. Or do you have some weird configuration?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 12:14:39 AM

How come this isn't happening to everybody then? I've used these forums from my Android and my friend's iPhone. Or do you have some weird configuration?

Probably Swype keyboard, it messes up my google docs too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: