Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT Missing from coinmarketcap  (Read 2174 times)
CoinManiac (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:40:40 AM

Nxt is missing from http://coinmarketcap.com/

Right now..check it

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:42:23 AM

Yup. Just checked this morning, anyone know whats up?
CoinManiac (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:45:11 AM

Got this thread that seem to explain..not sure about it. Hv a look

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,1050.0.html

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:45:34 AM

I can also confirm this happened. Something went down at the exchange? They finally decided to crash the party? Last time I checked, NXT was going up by leaps and bounds.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:05:08 AM

I can also confirm this happened. Something went down at the exchange? They finally decided to crash the party? Last time I checked, NXT was going up by leaps and bounds.

There is no Nxt goint into the exchange at the moment, because of doss attack. As this is the only exchange for Nxt, the prices are not reliable at the moment, no volume.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:20:18 AM

seems like NXT is down due to being ddosed/high traffic
Anyhow 100% premined and one single exchange owned by the creator of the coin...
wait for the first fork of this system without the stakeholder story

Good luck with that. With POS somehow you have to distribute all the coins at one. Maybe there are better ways than how Nxt did it, but it's not that easy.
shinep

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:43:04 AM

The data flow is there.
http://dgex.com/API/trades.json

Someone warned coinmarketcap.com about this scam and their reputation..hehe
mkasiak

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:44:35 AM

Anyhow 100% premined and one single exchange owned by the creator of the coin...

the guy who owns dgex.com owns also www.ponzigame.com  

NXT is just another game for him probably.

see this topic
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=357461.0

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:47:41 AM

the guy who owns dgex.com owns also www.ponzigame.com  

NXT is just another game for him probably.

see this topic
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=357461.0

You people make ridiculous assumptions.

so he made a few gambling sites for bitcoin? so what?

not to mention the guy who owns the exchange and the founder are not the same person...

so much fud
shinep

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:50:36 AM

The data flow is there.
http://dgex.com/API/trades.json

Someone warned coinmarketcap.com about this scam and their reputation..hehe

Right on!   Wink

Did you warn coinmarketcap about this scam?
Nice one...
Honeypot

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:52:36 AM

As everyone said, NXT creator seems to own both the premined coins AND the SOLE EXCHANGE where this currency is being traded.

Who's to stop him/them from simply manipulating the prices as they see fit?

Not much apparently.
shinep

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:57:15 AM

I think its run by a group of people, not just by the site owner.
and you can see who is part of that group, just by reading through the various forums.

I think they did a good job , well done to them Smiley
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:57:44 AM

As everyone said, NXT creator seems to own both the premined coins AND the SOLE EXCHANGE where this currency is being traded.

Not much apparently.

god damn it, where do you see that the nxt creator owns the exchange? cause he runs the nxt forum? it isnt the official forum (there isnt one)

also the nxt creator only has unclaimed nxt, which isnt very many. (unclaimed nxt are ones that people paid for, but forgot/ havent claimed from the initial startup)
Honeypot

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:03:47 AM

Not much apparently.

god damn it, where do you see that the nxt creator owns the exchange? cause he runs the nxt forum? it isnt the official forum (there isnt one)

also the nxt creator only has unclaimed nxt, which isnt very many. (unclaimed nxt are ones that people paid for, but forgot/ havent claimed from the initial startup)

In the unstable world that is crypto where trust is a hard commodity to come by, the creators and those who run the business has the lion's share of responsibility in terms of earning that trust.

Let's just say we are encouraging NXT to be open in a way that reaches out to many people so that it really is a legitimate operation without question.

Maybe they should hire a PR firm Smiley
Noitev

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:06:37 AM

Not much apparently.

In the unstable world that is crypto where trust is a hard commodity to come by, the creators and those who run the business has the lion's share of responsibility in terms of earning that trust.

Let's just say we are encouraging NXT to be open in a way that reaches out to many people so that it really is a legitimate operation without question.

Maybe they should hire a PR firm Smiley

Theres been talks about pr or whatever, idk what good it would do.

BCNext is only talking through come-from-beyond, who seems to be the "gavin andresen" of the project now. he's earned trust with all the updates, features and communication he's provided.
other_side

Activity: 285

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:08:16 AM

Put NXT on well known exchange.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 08:23:49 AM

The problem with a centralized exchange is that it is a single point of failure. When a coin only has one exchange, that makes it that much more serious. Like going from the #4 coin to not listed!

I have started a small market in NXT within Ripple. https://xrptalk.org/topic/720-trade-nxt-nextcoin-on-ripple/
I have quotes for NXT/XRP which allows for automatic conversion to USD, BTC, CNY, etc. Pretty cool actually.

Since ripple uses a distributed ledger (similar at high level to bitcoin blockchain), I don't think a Ddos attack is practical. To my knowledge ripple is the only distributed altcoin exchange and when NXT releases its peer to peer trading sometime in January, it will be the second.

I just found out about NXT today, so I was pretty late and only could purchase in the open market. I simply don't have enough inventory to make a liquid enough market. Clearly dgex shouldn't be the only exchange for NXT. While it may be a bit redundant to have ripple when the peer to peer trading is there, a month in crypto is like 7 years in the real world!

I hope to be able to help create an active NXT market within ripple, but for that I need help. Primarily I need somebody the community trusts to back the NXT within ripple. I am a total newbie to NXT, less than 8 hours, so I can't expect anybody to trust me with their NXT and I don't want that responsibility anyway.

All this respected person would have to do is:
1) create ripple wallet
2) send me NXT within ripple, that is how ripple balances (IOU) are created, just by sending it
3) publicly state that ripple NXT balances will be redeemed.

There still needs to be some details worked out as I think there should be some sort of escrow acct that any NXT that is deposited into ripple is put into. That way, it is arms length away from me. When somebody puts in a redemption request, I would send that request to the escrow agent who does the actual exchange of the ripple balance for the NXT. Basically two electronic transfers. Come to think of it TTbit's dividendrippler could do something like this pretty easily.

I am hoping for a positive community reaction to all this and to make it so there will always be a place to trade NXT

James
www.altGateway.com

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:00:26 AM

When will NXT show up in coinmarketcap again?

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:31:21 PM

It's back again !

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:23:21 PM

The problem with a centralized exchange is that it is a single point of failure. When a coin only has one exchange, that makes it that much more serious. Like going from the #4 coin to not listed!
I have started a small market in NXT within Ripple. https://xrptalk.org/topic/720-trade-nxt-nextcoin-on-ripple/
I have quotes for NXT/XRP which allows for automatic conversion to USD, BTC, CNY, etc. Pretty cool actually.
Since ripple uses a distributed ledger (similar at high level to bitcoin blockchain), I don't think a Ddos attack is practical. To my knowledge ripple is the only distributed altcoin exchange and when NXT releases its peer to peer trading sometime in January, it will be the second.
I just found out about NXT today, so I was pretty late and only could purchase in the open market. I simply don't have enough inventory to make a liquid enough market. Clearly dgex shouldn't be the only exchange for NXT. While it may be a bit redundant to have ripple when the peer to peer trading is there, a month in crypto is like 7 years in the real world!
I hope to be able to help create an active NXT market within ripple, but for that I need help. Primarily I need somebody the community trusts to back the NXT within ripple. I am a total newbie to NXT, less than 8 hours, so I can't expect anybody to trust me with their NXT and I don't want that responsibility anyway.
All this respected person would have to do is:
1) create ripple wallet
2) send me NXT within ripple, that is how ripple balances (IOU) are created, just by sending it
3) publicly state that ripple NXT balances will be redeemed.
There still needs to be some details worked out as I think there should be some sort of escrow acct that any NXT that is deposited into ripple is put into. That way, it is arms length away from me. When somebody puts in a redemption request, I would send that request to the escrow agent who does the actual exchange of the ripple balance for the NXT. Basically two electronic transfers. Come to think of it TTbit's dividendrippler could do something like this pretty easily.
I am hoping for a positive community reaction to all this and to make it so there will always be a place to trade NXT
James
www.altGateway.com

That is a great idea !
I would like to help you but I am a total noob in Ripple. I understand the idea but I never had more interest in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: