Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinpayments robbed  (Read 608 times)
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:20:52 PM

First of all I'm sorry for your lost.
Well this is strange, it's kinda impossible for the hackers to pass the 2fa unless they got your email or phone. I'm using coinpayment too but I only enabled the email verification and I'm using a dynamic IP so every time I login to the site I have to confirm that I'm the owner of the account, well pretty safe isn't it? This is why I'm scared, storing crypto on exchange.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:09:53 AM

You cannot directly blame coin payment for your loss without any proof. It is very easier for a hacker to access details from your computer with a hidden Remote administration tool. A java virus can remains undetectable for a couple of weeks stealing data from your computer checking your emails, etc just because you click a button on some unsafe site. Keeping your Antivirus updated will reduce the chances of attack on your devices.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:57:34 AM

You cannot directly blame coin payment for your loss without any proof. It is very easier for a hacker to access details from your computer with a hidden Remote administration tool. A java virus can remains undetectable for a couple of weeks stealing data from your computer checking your emails, etc just because you click a button on some unsafe site. Keeping your Antivirus updated will reduce the chances of attack on your devices.
A big YES, its not always the online wallet nor exchanges website. Sometimes, it's the hidden hacking movement on your computer and emails. Unfortunately, you encounter those kind of problems so learn from it, avoid risky website and update your anti-virus always.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

First of all I'm sorry for your lost.
Well this is strange, it's kinda impossible for the hackers to pass the 2fa unless they got your email or phone. I'm using coinpayment too but I only enabled the email verification and I'm using a dynamic IP so every time I login to the site I have to confirm that I'm the owner of the account, well pretty safe isn't it? This is why I'm scared, storing crypto on exchange.
Actually I have seen a lot of reports by other forum members (who used a phone as a 2FA device) that their accounts were hacked. Usually it goes like that: (1) the phone is hacked and then (2) the user user logs into the exchange effectively compromising both authenticating factors.

Because then the 2FA code is sent to the same device, you see, the hacker at that point has got your both authentiacation factors!
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:34:09 AM

I didnt noticed anything strange yet but would assume all wallets would be empty from all users if its a exit scam/hack.
Will keep a eye out on the matter.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:12:16 AM

Never keep your funds in an online wallet. In crypto there is an unwritten - Any online wallet will eventually get hacked !

Use hardware wallets like ledger/trezor to store your wallet. Use direct to wallet services like blockonomics to accept crypto

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:43:10 PM

Never keep your funds in an online wallet. In crypto there is an unwritten - Any online wallet will eventually get hacked !

Use hardware wallets like ledger/trezor to store your wallet. Use direct to wallet services like blockonomics to accept crypto

Coinpayments are available on Android platform as well. If you access the web wallet you may be access you wallet with the incorrect web wallet link as well. This is the biggest trouble on accessing wallet for many people.

Kindly ignore the web wallet if you careless person. If not no problem still you can continue to use the web wallet buddy. Kindly have the private key secured wallet for your own safety.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

Hacker logged in to my account even I have 2FA there. Also I never received withdraw confirmation to email for those withdrawals. I sent ticket, but no reply yet.
I just wondering, is 2FA work with well? 2FA will give a message to email or your phone, have you received it?

If there is no notice at all, either through your phone or via email, I am not sure that the 2FA you have is going well.
CoinPayments

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

Great wisdom kind sir
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: