Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Exchange coming soon - what would newbies like to see?  (Read 672 times)
DonkeyKoin (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:45:34 PM

Partly asking here first as new account has newbie status - but also asking because i think it will help.

I have built a new alt coin exchange website that will be going live very soon - but there is still potential to improve. I wont advertise features yet but I am quite proud of what we have achieved.

The question tho: What, as a newbie, would you like to see in an exchange that hasn't been done before? Or what does every exchange do that you'd like to see improved.

If you do post, please include a wallet address (of any type) and if I like the idea and implement it, I'll make sure you get rewarded.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:39:34 PM

Hmm make it available for mobile devices ! many exchangers doesn't run well in my mobile browser -_-

13bwE1rrLnDec67BsSRCg2dubL7qsY5yP2

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

What I see most people complaining about is no or really bad customer service.  This could be hard for a new service but to have customer service that responds when things go awry, a they will at some point, is key.  

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
BitterDiego

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:24:52 PM

Here are a few thoughts on things that I'd like to see or see improved:

1) Profit or break even tracking - usually sites has a history of your transactions or original purchase price, but you have to manually calculate your profit from a buy then sell... It would be useful to know how much you've profited from your exchanges.

2) Email/Text alerts on a transaction - I don't want to watch the system all day long - I just want to react when a transaction happens. If I could get an alert that my coin sold - then I know to move into action to buy something else... Again systems keep history, but timing is key.

3) Email/Text alerts when a coin hits your ideal price - setting a price you're interested in (whether high or low) and then you get notice when it's there so you can spring into action...

I love the mobile app idea mentioned earlier - you could brand it to go with your site and even work with a third party developer to have special privileges and access.

The exchange site I use not having these features has led me to start working on my own desktop ticker client, but if it were integrated with the sites, I would not need it...

BitterDiego
1AYW2JHWbEHQzzXciKRNd5k4SLfyphyc3b (BTC)
FMRRuz2T5QajXWchX1Wntc3kNC1iT7kbk3 (FRK)
fiSuU6Roh2Dia8EeAhX5z3M2V3GfN4ZQXG (FST)
gB8Mogs4sA6qsMTdUdDeMzgCPEYL5oXYrv (GDC)
DonkeyKoin (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:53:41 PM

@bitterdiego:

Some gems there! BTC-TXID: 961480f30091a6dbf2617ac4ec84fff75e889b8123f8968f7b3e5adf0d504af8
The profit/breakeven thing is my fave. One of the reasons i started my own exchange was so i could add features like that as i struggle on bter to remember everything - and then forgot to add it.

Email alerts should be easy enough to get in.

leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:01:20 AM

Does anyone have an invitation code they would be willing to pm me?

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
Philosophy4You

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:54:54 AM

I currently use the exchange site "Cryptsy" and I thoroughly enjoy it, but I wish it had a trollbox (the side chat box like what BTC-E has). If something major is happening to the market it's extremely entertaining to watch the people go nuts in the chat. Plus you get the odd person that brings some reason and logic into the chat. Lastly, and most importantly, I'd like to see your exchange carry Cryptogenic Bullion because it's becoming increasingly valuable and I intend to use it. If you include these two suggestions in your exchange you've got my business.

BTC Address: 1NoBhLHigTRzbRywF5eqMbgh4Mi3zemG16
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: