Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rocky Mountain High for Bitcoin?  (Read 936 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:03:18 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/22/colorado-resorts-brace-for-marijuana-tourism/4168959/

Colorado's ski resorts and mountain towns are bracing for an influx of tourists seeking a now-legal Rocky Mountain high.

Last year, the state legalized the possession and use of small amounts of recreational marijuana, and on Jan. 1 special stores will be allowed to sell pot to anyone 21 and over.

I say, the entity that opts to accept bitcoins on day one will be inundated with press, thus would enjoy a robust (no pun intended) first day sales and beyond.

Ironic, eh? DPR sits in a cell for committing a crime while using the internet for virtually the same activity that'll be legal in Colorado, i.e. selling a previous illegal substance. As far as I know, it won't be illegal to accept payment via bitcoins for pot in Colorado after the first.

Anybody here now of any entity that's planning on opening up shop in Colorado so that they can be informed as to how big their outlet can become? For the fullest impact, they must accept bitcoins on day one, otherwise accepting bitcoins on subsequent days would only mean that they're playing follow the leader.

Damn, I wish I wasn't so busy right now with RL affairs, otherwise I would make myself available at the Grand Opening of the one true first bitcoin-accepting specialty shop in Colorado as The Most Interesting Bitcoiner in the World. The only way I could do it is if I'm flown in and put up on their dime, for driving it would make me loose too many days. Flight and any hotel room for one day is all I'll ask, accepting no further payment.

~TMIBTCITW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:23:23 PM

It's important for them to not use it anonymously here though especially because it's legal. Incentive would also include Coinbase referral fees and no charge backs, no fees.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:24:18 PM

This might be the stupidest thing to ask.  Grin But still.... As pot is now legal there, can someone start an online website there to sell marijuana and hash?
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:37:45 PM

Phinnaeus - I sent you a PM about this.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:48:04 PM

Phinnaeus - I sent you a PM about this.

Replied.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:53:39 PM

Watching this thread in hopes of one day learning about a shop that accepts btc.

Im up for a road trip.

I knew you'd come around.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 06:01:50 PM

One shop has officially passed on the idea, opting to do recreational products in the future. Remember, the first shop that embraces Bitcoin from the get-go wins.

See what having a clear mind is able to come up with, oppose to a danked mind puffin' away on the Lazy Boy wonderin' how they could monopolize on this.

"Thank you calling BitPuff. Dank, speaking. How may we help you? ... We're open from 7 AM till 9 PM, seven days a week. ... Yes, we do accept bitcoins. In fact, we were the FIRST such shop to accept bitcoins from day one. ... Great! Look forward to seeing you."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: