Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have seen Dogecoin before... It's name is Yahoo  (Read 8525 times)
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:01:41 PM

Yahoo... Does anyone here remember how Yahoo started? Does anyone remember how it was seen as a joke when it first started because of the name and the concept behind the name (a race of crude nasty people from Gulliver's travels)? It's now known globally as Yahoo inc. And it blasted away some very strong competition in the process. Remember Alta-Vista? Of course, Google stole the lion's share in the end, but Yahoo is still a major player in the portal arena.

It's possible that DogePower will do something that other crypto's can only evangelise about. Large scale anonymous person-to-person transactions. Dogecoin 'looks' like it's on the verge of entering public consciousness. If it does, then people will want to get their hands on some dogecoins. I can more easily see people exchanging items for dogecoins, than I can see them exchanging items for any other coin around now. Just for the fun value. I can see a person exchanging an old phone for some dogecoins (on the spot, face to face - not via a website or other third party). The apps probably don't exist right now, but with a QR code and a mobile phone, all things are possible!

No interaction with an exchange for a USD equivalent. Daily exchange price fluctuations will have just as much effect on the general public as everything else that fluctuates in price does (e.g. fuel prices). This is just a person to person interaction that's completely private based on the value that those 2 individuals place on whatever item or service is to be exchanged.

So anyone mocking the name, origin, or theme of the name Dogecoin needs to remember (or find out) where Yahoo inc came from.

tl;dr? Dogecoin is the new Yahoo

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michiganmushrooms

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:04:42 PM

Pump, pump.....
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:27:02 PM

Pump, pump.....
Seriously. If you know the internet, then you know how these things go.

vandeam

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:35:14 PM

Pump, pump.....
Seriously. If you know the internet, then you know how these things go.

Some Extra Pump  Grin

ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

Pump, pump.....

BitCoinTalk.org has to be incorporated in Market Psychology 101 Classes by now Smiley Smiley Smiley
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:07:25 PM

Dogecoin is a nice phenomen from which I earned 1.5btc with little risk. Not more, not less. By the way, I had never heard of the doge meme before. Who had?

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

lol, you can not compare this. ridiculous!

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:12:51 PM

I'm sure Dogecoin will be largely forgotten about in a few months time when its users grow up or get bored of the whole joke, or when mining becomes unprofitable and they realise they can't actually buy jackshit with it.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:31:21 PM

Yahoo... Does anyone here remember how Yahoo started? Does anyone remember how it was seen as a joke when it first started because of the name and the concept behind the name (a race of crude nasty people from Gulliver's travels)? It's now known globally as Yahoo inc. And it blasted away some very strong competition in the process. Remember Alta-Vista? Of course, Google stole the lion's share in the end, but Yahoo is still a major player in the portal arena.

It's possible that DogePower will do something that other crypto's can only evangelise about. Large scale anonymous person-to-person transactions. Dogecoin 'looks' like it's on the verge of entering public consciousness. If it does, then people will want to get their hands on some dogecoins. I can more easily see people exchanging items for dogecoins, than I can see them exchanging items for any other coin around now. Just for the fun value. I can see a person exchanging an old phone for some dogecoins (on the spot, face to face - not via a website or other third party). The apps probably don't exist right now, but with a QR code and a mobile phone, all things are possible!

No interaction with an exchange for a USD equivalent. Daily exchange price fluctuations will have just as much effect on the general public as everything else that fluctuates in price does (e.g. fuel prices). This is just a person to person interaction that's completely private based on the value that those 2 individuals place on whatever item or service is to be exchanged.

So anyone mocking the name, origin, or theme of the name Dogecoin needs to remember (or find out) where Yahoo inc came from.

tl;dr? Dogecoin is the new Yahoo

Cute, but no it's not Smiley

Anyway, MSFT is still relieved their bid for YHOO of $45B was rejected Cheesy (at least it wasn't as retarded as the reject of the $3B offer by FB for "Snapchat")
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:35:36 PM

I'm sure Dogecoin will be largely forgotten about in a few months time when its users grow up or get bored of the whole joke, or when mining becomes unprofitable and they realise they can't actually buy jackshit with it.

Same here. it was funny for a while but I can't hear it anymore. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:42:50 PM

Same here. it was funny for a while but I can't hear it anymore. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so...

It was funny for about a week. Great if it introduces people to crypto, but I'm betting there'll be a lot of tears when noobs are left holding a load of coins that are now practically worthless.
virtualaddict

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:43:22 PM

Ya except YAHOO came before GOOGLE

Google was in fact NOT THAT REVOLUTIONARY and I freaking hate how much credit it gets. Not that Yahoo deserves credit in that department, but still.

If, 15 years down the road Dogecoin were to be remembered as the original crytpocurrency, and bitcoin the clone, then Dogecoin would be like Google.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

Google was in fact NOT THAT REVOLUTIONARY and I freaking hate how much credit it gets.

Google was simple and to the point when no-one was.

I dislike how much attention Apple gets.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

Yahoo?

Don't you mean "Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web"?
virtualaddict

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:51:54 PM

Google was in fact NOT THAT REVOLUTIONARY and I freaking hate how much credit it gets.

Google was simple and to the point when no-one was.

I dislike how much attention Apple gets.
Agreed. Apple is even worse.
Jaslynn

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:13:57 PM

I see a lot of people claiming them as Sr Members .. lol..  Grin saying DOGECoin as joke and say only newbies are attracted to DOGECoins.
They just forgot they are newbies when bitcoin was introduced.
DOGEs are attracted by a lots of newbies. Todays newbies are tomorrow's investors, senior members. By that time, today's senior members would have been retired. I see a lot of people asking me what is a crypto currency,  just to buy DOGECoins.
Let the Sr Members aka big time investors .. lol.. laugh at newbies now. I am sure they are secretly watching the movements of DOGECoins and trying to buy a few and sell when it goes up for some little profits Tongue

No other coins have a lot of attention, DOGE has in a short period of time. More newbies coming in showing interest in DOGECoins. Im sure those who are laughing at it now will feel more jealous and may even burst Cheesy in a few months and try to get in slowly lol.. Too late by that time! Today's newbies gonna be the tomorrow's winners!

Laugh at me now. See you in a few months Wink

Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:36:55 PM

I see a lot of people claiming them as Sr Members .. lol..  Grin saying DOGECoin as joke and say only newbies are attracted to DOGECoins.
They just forgot they are newbies when bitcoin was introduced.
DOGEs are attracted by a lots of newbies. Todays newbies are tomorrow's investors, senior members. By that time, today's senior members would have been retired. I see a lot of people asking me what is a crypto currency,  just to buy DOGECoins.
Let the Sr Members aka big time investors .. lol.. laugh at newbies now. I am sure they are secretly watching the movements of DOGECoins and trying to buy a few and sell when it goes up for some little profits Tongue

No other coins have a lot of attention, DOGE has in a short period of time. More newbies coming in showing interest in DOGECoins. Im sure those who are laughing at it now will feel more jealous and may even burst Cheesy in a few months and try to get in slowly lol.. Too late by that time! Today's newbies gonna be the tomorrow's winners!

Laugh at me now. See you in a few months Wink

I will return to this post in 3 months to laugh at you...count on it  Grin
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:40:03 PM

DogeCoin will go down as one of the best executed alt-coin pump and dumps...

That's about it, though.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:44:05 AM

Google was in fact NOT THAT REVOLUTIONARY and I freaking hate how much credit it gets. Not that Yahoo deserves credit in that department, but still.

If, 15 years down the road Dogecoin were to be remembered as the original crytpocurrency, and bitcoin the clone, then Dogecoin would be like Google.
I said that in the post. Read it again. Yahoo ruled for some time before Google came along. Have you forgotten?

TonyOliver

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:52:31 AM

In Dogecoin I trust.

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: