Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have seen Dogecoin before... It's name is Yahoo  (Read 8525 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:59:37 AM

A few days ago I was driving my daughter to school. She’s aware of my interest in crypto-currencies since I’m usually rambling on about Bitcoin every now and then. I mentioned to her about a new coin called Dogecoin and when I mentioned its origins to her, the first response I got was a smile and then a “for real”. She knew about the meme and the 2013 award, but not about the coin. Her smile got me thinking and reminded me of a course I took a few years back

Just a little background:

I have always aspired to hold a specific elected office in my City (NYC) and in preparation I pursued my Master’s in Public Administration at Harvard University (Kennedy School of Government). Most of the courses that I took were extremely interesting and centered around policy and politics of course as well as a few courses on public speaking, running campaigns, organizing groups and even one called “The Making of a Politician”—which actually prepared you for office. But by far, the most interesting course I took at the Kennedy School was one that was very difficult to enroll in. This course was called “Persuasion: The Science and Art of Effective Influence” and was taught by Dr. Gary Orren. http://www.hks.harvard.edu/degrees/teaching-courses/course-listing/mld-342

Students from every Harvard school (Gov’t, Law, Education, Divinity, etc.) had to essentially use a bidding system to enroll in this course. Students from M.I.T. were also permitted to enroll in this course. I had saved my bidding points from the prior semester because I had heard that this was an exceptional course.

On my first day in class Dr. Orren gave us an overview of the course and what to expect. During his presentation he mentioned that many years back a young man named Barack Obama sat (pointed to the seat) right near the middle of the class room and took the same course. One of my classmates leaned over mentioned that President Obama had once said that this was one of his favorite courses while attending Harvard. When making speeches, President Obama often follows the models taught at the Kennedy School (his lead speech writer – Cody Keenan is also a Harvard Kennedy School graduate). I’m just trying to reveal how truly impressive this course was, but I think I’m rambling on. Let’s get to the point.

So in this course in addition to several other things, we learned that in order to persuade someone to agree with you, do it your way, follow you, move in a direction you desire, etc., (important in the politics & policy world) there needs to be three elements that form a foundation; the logos, ethos and pathos. Aristotle was the philosopher who put forward that idea. Rather than dig out my notes I’m going to cheat and cut and paste descriptions of the three elements. These descriptions were found on a webpage http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.html

Ethos (Credibility), or ethical appeal, means convincing by the character of the author (or of the crypto in our case). We tend to believe people whom we respect. One of the central problems of argumentation is to project an impression to the reader that you are someone worth listening to, in other words making yourself as author into an authority on the subject of the paper, as well as someone who is likable and worthy of respect. Crypt-currencies have established their Ethos, we know that it is legitimate. We believe in it.

Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning. Giving reasons is the heart of argumentation, and cannot be emphasized enough. Crypto-currencies are logical to user over other payment methods for a variety of reasons.

Pathos (Emotional) means persuading by appealing to the reader's emotions. Language choice affects the audience's emotional response, and emotional appeal can effectively be used to enhance an argument. Excluding Dogecoin, all other Crypto-currencies lack Pathos.

Now finally to my point: When I speak of persuasion going forward, what I am speaking of is the ability to win over people and get them to engage in the use of a crypto-currency. And I’m not speaking of the IT person or other tech savvy individual who is most likely well aware of crypto-currencies. Instead, I’m speaking of the average person.

If we examine Bitcoin, Litecoin and the myriad of other cryptographic-currencies we can see that they definitely contain two of the three elements needed to be successful in persuading someone to “agree” with them (use them). The two elements that Bitcoin and alt-coins possess are Logos and Ethos.

Crypto-Ethos – I don’t think that I need to go too much into this. But if you understand crypto, then you’ll know crypto can be trusted. Crypto is trustworthy, you can believe it.

Crypto-Logos – if you have a basic understanding of how crypto-currencies work, then you’ll understand the logical benefits that it can offer. Credits cards weren’t meant to be used on the internet and the 21st century needs a new form of digital currency and crypto is the answer.

So to sum things up, there are logical reasons to use crypto-currencies and crypto is trustworthy.

The Crypto-Pathos is missing though. (until Dogecoin)

Most people that I know who currently use crypto-currencies aren’t drawn to it by emotions. Instead, they understand its financial utility which is based on its logos and ethos.

The IT world and entrepreneurs who understand crypto-currencies are only a very small group, so how could you engage the masses to use crypto?

The answer to that is to create a crypto-currency that has all three elements to persuade them to use it. And along came Dogecoin. Let's look at it from another perspective ---- Real Wrestling versus WWF Wrestling (now WWE Wrestling - fake on TV). Which one of these draws a larger audience? WWE Wrestling of course. We all know (well most of us) that it's fictitious, so why then does WWE Wrestling draw millions of viewers from around the world, as opposed to real wrestling that's just plain boring? Because WWE (fake wrestling) with all its drama, has the emotional appeal that can move an audience to want see it more.

Every other Crypto is like real wrestling - gets the job done but is basic and boring. Dogecoin also gets the job done, but brings a flare to the technology that a broader audience can embrace through its emotional appeal.

With Dogecoin, there is a story to tell. One that can make you smile. Excluding Bitcoin (the father of all Crypto) what coin has a story to tell the audience that is emotionally appealing (make you smile, laugh, cry, etc.) I love Litecoin but what story can it tell an audience about itself other than the technological aspects of its use?

Like Bitcoin and other crypto, Dogecoin has a burgeoning community and its acceptance is growing. It has a language all of its own. Dogecoin has the emotional appeal that can and will attract the masses.

Dogecoin is a pioneer in its use of an emotional appeal to attract a larger audience and its success won’t be specific to itself. Similar to how Bitcoin paved the way for other crypto-currencies to follow, Dogecoin is paving the way for others to follow as well. Dogecoin is Bitcoin 2.0.

There will be many other coins to follow in Dogecoin’s footstep that will utilize all 3 of the elements necessary to motivate non-tech people to embrace these types of currencies and I think that Dogecoin is off to a great start because it possess all of the technological aspects of Bitcoin but has the ability to make the average person smile. Can any other crypto-currency do that?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
TonyOliver

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:15:47 AM

Dogecoin is bitcoin 2.0? Sounds Legit.....

To the moooon!!!!!!

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 10:22:40 AM

Like Bitcoin and other crypto, Dogecoin has a burgeoning community and its acceptance is growing. It has a language all of its own. Dogecoin has the emotional appeal that can and will attract the masses.
And the hashrates! All the bashing is not making any difference to it's progress. I await the 'give it a few months' and 'I'll bump this in 3 months time' comments

It will be very interesting to see 'CLIENT DOWNLOAD COUNTS' for all altcoins
 Grin

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:49:14 AM

Ridiculous how everyone pumps doge today. Yesterday and over Sunday was DUMP phase so everybody presented studies why doge has no future... Holding only few doges and thinking what will happen after peaking the doge value... Obviously dump and "crash, doge useless, sell this shit until its hot, scamcoin"...

In Pump and Dump we trust.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 11:08:16 AM

Ridiculous how everyone pumps doge today. Yesterday and over Sunday was DUMP phase so everybody presented studies why doge has no future... Holding only few doges and thinking what will happen after peaking the doge value... Obviously dump and "crash, doge useless, sell this shit until its hot, scamcoin"...
The data speaks for itself:

https://www.multipool.us/stats.php

I say again, it will be interesting to see 'CLIENT DOWNLOAD COUNTS' for all altcoins. I betcha dogecoin client downloads will make a lot of people on this forum very jealous, and also very angry!

Jaslynn

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:54:04 PM

Grin such jealous much sad so annoyed to see a fun coin with lotsa attention?
Don't get burst out lol. I have to catch you again in 3 months. Im holding 10M doges bought at 0.00000020/btc. I wanna show you my profits before I sell them Cheesy

I see a lot of people claiming them as Sr Members .. lol..  Grin saying DOGECoin as joke and say only newbies are attracted to DOGECoins.
They just forgot they are newbies when bitcoin was introduced.
DOGEs are attracted by a lots of newbies. Todays newbies are tomorrow's investors, senior members. By that time, today's senior members would have been retired. I see a lot of people asking me what is a crypto currency,  just to buy DOGECoins.
Let the Sr Members aka big time investors .. lol.. laugh at newbies now. I am sure they are secretly watching the movements of DOGECoins and trying to buy a few and sell when it goes up for some little profits Tongue

No other coins have a lot of attention, DOGE has in a short period of time. More newbies coming in showing interest in DOGECoins. Im sure those who are laughing at it now will feel more jealous and may even burst Cheesy in a few months and try to get in slowly lol.. Too late by that time! Today's newbies gonna be the tomorrow's winners!

Laugh at me now. See you in a few months Wink

I will return to this post in 3 months to laugh at you...count on it  Grin
TonyOliver

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 02:59:18 AM

Grin such jealous much sad so annoyed to see a fun coin with lotsa attention?
Don't get burst out lol. I have to catch you again in 3 months. Im holding 10M doges bought at 0.00000020/btc. I wanna show you my profits before I sell them Cheesy

I see a lot of people claiming them as Sr Members .. lol..  Grin saying DOGECoin as joke and say only newbies are attracted to DOGECoins.
They just forgot they are newbies when bitcoin was introduced.
DOGEs are attracted by a lots of newbies. Todays newbies are tomorrow's investors, senior members. By that time, today's senior members would have been retired. I see a lot of people asking me what is a crypto currency,  just to buy DOGECoins.
Let the Sr Members aka big time investors .. lol.. laugh at newbies now. I am sure they are secretly watching the movements of DOGECoins and trying to buy a few and sell when it goes up for some little profits Tongue

No other coins have a lot of attention, DOGE has in a short period of time. More newbies coming in showing interest in DOGECoins. Im sure those who are laughing at it now will feel more jealous and may even burst Cheesy in a few months and try to get in slowly lol.. Too late by that time! Today's newbies gonna be the tomorrow's winners!

Laugh at me now. See you in a few months Wink

I will return to this post in 3 months to laugh at you...count on it  Grin

Much Profit. Back to the moon!

Free Bitcoin Giveaway - Your source for all things bitcoin
Viperbass

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:49:03 AM

I wonder what the negative posters are going to be saying when Doge Road is released within the next 2 weeks...
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:22:54 AM

A few days ago I was driving my daughter to school. She’s aware of my interest in crypto-currencies since I’m usually rambling on about Bitcoin every now and then. I mentioned to her about a new coin called Dogecoin and when I mentioned its origins to her, the first response I got was a smile and then a “for real”. She knew about the meme and the 2013 award, but not about the coin. Her smile got me thinking and reminded me of a course I took a few years back

Just a little background:

I have always aspired to hold a specific elected office in my City (NYC) and in preparation I pursued my Master’s in Public Administration at Harvard University (Kennedy School of Government). Most of the courses that I took were extremely interesting and centered around policy and politics of course as well as a few courses on public speaking, running campaigns, organizing groups and even one called “The Making of a Politician”—which actually prepared you for office. But by far, the most interesting course I took at the Kennedy School was one that was very difficult to enroll in. This course was called “Persuasion: The Science and Art of Effective Influence” and was taught by Dr. Gary Orren. http://www.hks.harvard.edu/degrees/teaching-courses/course-listing/mld-342

Students from every Harvard school (Gov’t, Law, Education, Divinity, etc.) had to essentially use a bidding system to enroll in this course. Students from M.I.T. were also permitted to enroll in this course. I had saved my bidding points from the prior semester because I had heard that this was an exceptional course.

On my first day in class Dr. Orren gave us an overview of the course and what to expect. During his presentation he mentioned that many years back a young man named Barack Obama sat (pointed to the seat) right near the middle of the class room and took the same course. One of my classmates leaned over mentioned that President Obama had once said that this was one of his favorite courses while attending Harvard. When making speeches, President Obama often follows the models taught at the Kennedy School (his lead speech writer – Cody Keenan is also a Harvard Kennedy School graduate). I’m just trying to reveal how truly impressive this course was, but I think I’m rambling on. Let’s get to the point.

So in this course in addition to several other things, we learned that in order to persuade someone to agree with you, do it your way, follow you, move in a direction you desire, etc., (important in the politics & policy world) there needs to be three elements that form a foundation; the logos, ethos and pathos. Aristotle was the philosopher who put forward that idea. Rather than dig out my notes I’m going to cheat and cut and paste descriptions of the three elements. These descriptions were found on a webpage http://courses.durhamtech.edu/perkins/aris.html

Ethos (Credibility), or ethical appeal, means convincing by the character of the author (or of the crypto in our case). We tend to believe people whom we respect. One of the central problems of argumentation is to project an impression to the reader that you are someone worth listening to, in other words making yourself as author into an authority on the subject of the paper, as well as someone who is likable and worthy of respect. Crypt-currencies have established their Ethos, we know that it is legitimate. We believe in it.

Logos (Logical) means persuading by the use of reasoning. Giving reasons is the heart of argumentation, and cannot be emphasized enough. Crypto-currencies are logical to user over other payment methods for a variety of reasons.

Pathos (Emotional) means persuading by appealing to the reader's emotions. Language choice affects the audience's emotional response, and emotional appeal can effectively be used to enhance an argument. Excluding Dogecoin, all other Crypto-currencies lack Pathos.

Now finally to my point: When I speak of persuasion going forward, what I am speaking of is the ability to win over people and get them to engage in the use of a crypto-currency. And I’m not speaking of the IT person or other tech savvy individual who is most likely well aware of crypto-currencies. Instead, I’m speaking of the average person.

If we examine Bitcoin, Litecoin and the myriad of other cryptographic-currencies we can see that they definitely contain two of the three elements needed to be successful in persuading someone to “agree” with them (use them). The two elements that Bitcoin and alt-coins possess are Logos and Ethos.

Crypto-Ethos – I don’t think that I need to go too much into this. But if you understand crypto, then you’ll know crypto can be trusted. Crypto is trustworthy, you can believe it.

Crypto-Logos – if you have a basic understanding of how crypto-currencies work, then you’ll understand the logical benefits that it can offer. Credits cards weren’t meant to be used on the internet and the 21st century needs a new form of digital currency and crypto is the answer.

So to sum things up, there are logical reasons to use crypto-currencies and crypto is trustworthy.

Most people that I know who currently use crypto-currencies aren’t drawn to it by emotions. Instead, they understand its financial utility which is based on its logos and ethos.

The IT world and entrepreneurs who understand crypto-currencies are only a very small group, so how could you engage the masses to use crypto?

The answer to that is to create a crypto-currency that has all three elements to persuade them to use it. And along came Dogecoin. Let's look at it from another perspective ---- Real Wrestling versus WWF Wrestling (now WWE Wrestling - fake on TV). Which one of these draws a larger audience? WWE Wrestling of course. We all know (well most of us) that it's fictitious, so why then does WWE Wrestling draw millions of viewers from around the world, as opposed to real wrestling that's just plain boring? Because WWE (fake wrestling) with all its drama, has the emotional appeal that can move an audience to want see it more.

Every other Crypto is like real wrestling - gets the job done but is basic and boring. Dogecoin also gets the job done, but brings a flare to the technology that a broader audience can embrace through its emotional appeal.

With Dogecoin, there is a story to tell. One that can make you smile. Excluding Bitcoin (the father of all Crypto) what coin has a story to tell the audience that is emotionally appealing (make you smile, laugh, cry, etc.) I love Litecoin but what story can it tell an audience about itself other than the technological aspects of its use?

Dogecoin is a pioneer in its use of an emotional appeal to attract a larger audience and its success won’t be specific to itself. Similar to how Bitcoin paved the way for other crypto-currencies to follow, Dogecoin is paving the way for others to follow as well. Dogecoin is Bitcoin 2.0.

There will be many other coins to follow in Dogecoin’s footstep that will utilize all 3 of the elements necessary to motivate non-tech people to embrace these types of currencies and I think that Dogecoin is off to a great start because it possess all of the technological aspects of Bitcoin but has the ability to make the average person smile. Can any other crypto-currency do that?

I'm not sure I understood the success of Dogecoin before reading this post, but now it is perfectly clear.

See, I was a pretty big fan of Obama at the beginning of his campaign and after hearing a few speeches from him and what not, but after looking into him and his voting records more, I realized he was pretty much the same as the rest (the rest meaning any major republican or democratic plan... both of these parties are a joke and are just working to see the biggest paycheck and popularity possible).

So basically, the democratic party won the last 2 elections... they got a popular little dude in office that has no idea what he is doing (as it has going for decades now, regardless of party) and figured out how to win the votes. Give the public a decent speaker and decent speaches, and guess who they vote for? that's right, fuck the details... let's go with this guy that seems alright. It may be a republican in a few years... just depends on who wins the marketing campaign. Point is, neither one side gives any fucks at all, it's all business. So they will put whoever they think will win at the head of their campaign.

So, dogecoin, and any derivatives of it, will continue to run crypto currency to the ground. Just as the last few U.S. presidents have continued to run the U.S. to the ground.

Example 1: Republican president Bush: Oh, hey guyzzz!!111! Cheesy Here's a bunch of awesome tax credits!!!11!  Cheesy Also, we're going to war with EVERYBODY!!!!11! Cheesy But we haz the oilz!!! Yay! Vote for me againz!!1!!

Result: Oh, ya know... just a few more trillions of USD debt. And fuck other countries. US #1!!!11!!

Example 2: Democratic president Obama: Oh, hey guyzzz!!111!! I haz phonez for you! Haha! Cheesy Oh, and awesome insurance planz, 2! Cheesy Oh, I captured O sama too! Smiley Vote for me againz!!1!!

Result: Oh, ya know.... fuck debt reduction, we foundz more trillionz of debt. And fuck other countries. US #1!!!11!!

So anyway... Doge is the sh1t!!!111!!! Cheesy

But, here's the bright side. There are a few guys out there that want good shit to happen. So hopefully one day, we will get more and more people around the world that actually give a fuck about what happens in this world and something good will happen.

In the meantime, enjoy the nice pump and dump profits, and live long and prosper and what not.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

I'm sure Dogecoin will be largely forgotten about in a few months time when its users grow up or get bored of the whole joke, or when mining becomes unprofitable and they realise they can't actually buy jackshit with it.

+1. They shouldn't have based it on a meme.
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:40:11 PM

I wonder what the negative posters are going to be saying when Doge Road is released within the next 2 weeks...
Probably the same as what the 2 posts above this one just said!
 Cheesy

snoogans310

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:05:21 PM

i'll check back in 3 months i think.  Cool

doge the peoples cryptocurrency to the moon!

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi

LTC ~ LN8e9QVx7es39KmSwtfnwaYYjNdibK3fXc
LoneMiner

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

What an extremely elaborate post just to highlight that Dogecoin is nothing more than a Hipstercoin.

Your application of the three elements with regards to Dogecoin is highly flawed in my opinion.

Also just because something is popular, doesn't mean it is inherently good.
Number6

Activity: 490
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:40:57 PM

Pump, pump.....
Seriously. If you know the internet, then you know how these things go.

This whole "Internet" thing is a giant pump and dump.

Dogecoin on the other hand, it's here to stay!

BTC:   18jdvLeM6r943eUY4DEC5B9cQZPuDyg4Zn     LTC:   LeBh9akQ3RwxwpUU6pJQ9YGs9PrC1Zc9BK
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:45:33 PM

Ya except YAHOO came before GOOGLE

Google was in fact NOT THAT REVOLUTIONARY and I freaking hate how much credit it gets. Not that Yahoo deserves credit in that department, but still.

If, 15 years down the road Dogecoin were to be remembered as the original crytpocurrency, and bitcoin the clone, then Dogecoin would be like Google.

yeah, and whos stock is worth more now?
DrTrouble

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:55:33 PM

Show up, mine your Dogecoin, cash out, move on.  That is how this needs to be done.  I am sorry but there will never be a serious currency catch on that is based on memes and "many silly" "much goofy".

Yea.

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

3 weeks later and doge is flying.  Cheesy

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 12:26:56 PM

Anybody out there still laughing at DogeCoin?
 Grin

zhitgeist

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:03:33 PM

Anybody out there still laughing at DogeCoin?
 Grin

No shit. How wrong these people were.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: