Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We have seen Dogecoin before... It's name is Yahoo  (Read 8525 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:16:52 PM

Replace Justin Bieber with Dogecoin in this video.  Cheesy

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=972_1390528564
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

Anybody out there still laughing at DogeCoin?
 Grin

No shit. How wrong these people were.
And we shall know them by their silence.
Grin

shogun47

Activity: 1764
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:35:08 PM

It's 2 months and dogecoin is going strong. In fact facebook and tweeter are working on tipping systems with dogecoins. Once those go live like or hate it dogecoin will be a fact of life for a very long time. It as a currency actually has a RL use beside cash or wealth holding/hiding. Every tipbot software being make has said that the #1 requested feature thet requested by their clients have with their service/software is that include dogecoin as a coin option. This scruffy joke coin is in fact going to be around every bite as much as bitecoin or litecoin. Bitecoin and other coin owners need worry about dogecoins so mcuh as Zerocoin. It will do what bitecoin does for most of its owners but a whole lot better. Hide money and make damn near impossible to trace transaction with its "zeroknowladgeproof algos" built in to it. All those "silkroad" type places will flock to it when it launches in May.

FYI I own bitecoins (a few), litecoins(more), and dogecoins(a lot) and smartcoins(just started). I will most definintly own Zerocoin when it launches. I put my money where my mouth is.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:46:52 PM

Replace Justin Bieber with Dogecoin in this video.  Cheesy

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=972_1390528564
Hahaha! Hilarious!
 Cheesy Cheesy

elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:43:09 PM

Anybody out there still laughing at DogeCoin?
 Grin

No shit. How wrong these people were.

its just people wrapped up in their own coin that dont understand if something is popular it can be successful, i sometimes think newbies understand more about the economics of cryptos than older members.  Roll Eyes

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:47:47 PM

I started believing in Dogecoin a couple of weeks ago when I sold some PCIe risers to someone off of Craigslist.

When I met him he said that he kinda followed Bitcoin but never really got into it.  Then he said he was so pumped about Dogecoin that he just had to go out and buy a mining rig so he could get his hands on some DOGE.  He bought 8 risers from me, and had a car full of equipment... for Dogecoin.  Not Bitcoin or Litecoin, but Dogecoin.

Personally, I still don't get it but it clearly has much wow and such appeal.
noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

wow never noticed the date while reading

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
crackerdoodle

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:02:31 PM

Who is the Yahoo Serious to Dogecoin's Yahoo?
Jaslynn

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:54:55 AM

1 month gone already. Wish everyone here gonna laugh at you big time in 2 months time Tongue
Hope you counting it right!

I see a lot of people claiming them as Sr Members .. lol..  Grin saying DOGECoin as joke and say only newbies are attracted to DOGECoins.
They just forgot they are newbies when bitcoin was introduced.
DOGEs are attracted by a lots of newbies. Todays newbies are tomorrow's investors, senior members. By that time, today's senior members would have been retired. I see a lot of people asking me what is a crypto currency,  just to buy DOGECoins.
Let the Sr Members aka big time investors .. lol.. laugh at newbies now. I am sure they are secretly watching the movements of DOGECoins and trying to buy a few and sell when it goes up for some little profits Tongue

No other coins have a lot of attention, DOGE has in a short period of time. More newbies coming in showing interest in DOGECoins. Im sure those who are laughing at it now will feel more jealous and may even burst Cheesy in a few months and try to get in slowly lol.. Too late by that time! Today's newbies gonna be the tomorrow's winners!

Laugh at me now. See you in a few months Wink

I will return to this post in 3 months to laugh at you...count on it  Grin
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:58:08 AM

Doge denniers = missed the train.

TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:47:16 AM

I started believing in Dogecoin a couple of weeks ago when I sold some PCIe risers to someone off of Craigslist.

When I met him he said that he kinda followed Bitcoin but never really got into it.  Then he said he was so pumped about Dogecoin that he just had to go out and buy a mining rig so he could get his hands on some DOGE.  He bought 8 risers from me, and had a car full of equipment... for Dogecoin.  Not Bitcoin or Litecoin, but Dogecoin.

Personally, I still don't get it but it clearly has much wow and such appeal.
I think I get it. There's been a large influx of people in December who think (or know?) that they've kinda missed the bitcoin bus. No point getting excited about bitcoin if you're new. Dogecoin was a chance to be in on the ground level of something that could be big.

And also, there were enough coins to go round for even the smallest of miners. Owning 1,000,000 DOGE is a LOT more exciting than owning 1.59 BTC. That's probably also why kittehcoin and mooncoin are doing so well right about now. People like to have lots! It's not just about the $ value, it's also about feeling good about what you're doing (IMHO).

Coinraptor

Activity: 257
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:46:03 PM

yahoo was actually doing something for people, thats why it lasts, dogecoin does something just for bunch of pumpers.

reRaise

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:50:20 PM

This is no fud, but simple facts that Doge is the worst investment. Every trader and investor needs to read this and take this into account when buying.

http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/

elixir

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

yahoo was actually doing something for people, thats why it lasts, dogecoin does something just for bunch of pumpers.

doge has brought the world of cryptocurrencies to 1000's and 1000's of people who had never heard of it before, not many coins can say that.

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
ziggah

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:58:28 PM

This is no fud, but simple facts that Doge is the worst investment. Every trader and investor needs to read this and take this into account when buying.

http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/

That is a very silly way to base a coin's potential value, transaction fees handle that cost automatically more transactions higher cost, but more transactions higher coin usage if anything you just point out with it that doge is used more often and by more people than all other coins combined. How is this a bad thing?
reRaise

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:00:21 PM

That is a very silly way to base a coin's potential value, transaction fees handle that cost automatically more transactions higher cost, but more transactions higher coin usage if anything you just point out with it that doge is used more often and by more people than all other coins combined. How is this a bad thing?

Read the article again
ziggah

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:05:16 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 02:21:48 PM by ziggah

Read the article again

Price goes down, mining goes down, coins generated goes down, usage goes down. That big and scary maintenance cost boogey man shrinks. I understand it very well. That number looks big and scary to the author of that article and to you because of how many coins and how much usage doge has. There is a balance to it all.
carlb007

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:10:37 PM

That article is all well and good aside from the fact they then say

"Mind you, you will find all the big guns in this section (BTC, LTC). We consider Bitcoin and Litecoin to be “safe bets”. Their value and community have proven themselves, and their prices should remain fairly stable."

So the LTC community is more valid than Doges faster growing community? Doges community has already proven itself with the mass of services rolling out every day.
WutriCoin

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

So the LTC community is more valid than Doges faster growing community? Doges community has already proven itself with the mass of services rolling out every day.

Don't forget charities - SaveDogemas and fund for Jamaican Bobsled team. Those are just the really big ones. There are smaller ones every day. Which coin has that? Noble is on a good path.

Most important part - they are bringing new people to cryptocurrency. One way or another, Dogecoin has done only good to crypto community
TheTribesman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 02:32:51 PM

Read the article again
That article is just an opinion. It's like me telling you that dinosaurs never existed because I can dig up an article that says so.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: