Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minning vs. Trading  (Read 1038 times)
Dunrick (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:59:40 PM

Hey All;

I am new to the whole BTC world and i am wondering what people think of trading versus mining. I like the hobby of Mining but I am interested in seeing what people think.

Dunrick
chandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:07:13 PM

Minning
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:07:31 PM

Two diffrenet businesses. Different risks. Both potentially profitable, I suppose.
bumblebee33

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:52:29 PM

I started off by investing into bitcoins, but that just paved the way for getting into mining. I really like the aspect of mining because you could in the ideal world mine different coins forever... (ideal!! world) and make money for a long time to come. Especially after you payed off your equipment you could make nice profits.
hjesush

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:08:31 PM

The two things at once is the key.
mistress_magpie

Activity: 126

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:09:33 PM

Invest; and sell goods and services for bitcoin.  Mining seems to be profoundly wasteful and unproductive with the intransigence of the mining companies these days!

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
theGreatZamboni

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:13:17 PM

Cryptocurrency can benefit any one who makes the effort, trading or mining. Finding, then mining a coin that is up and coming is more beneficial than mining Bitcoin at this point. This requires the same level of diligence as trading, incorporating ability to find and exploit trends. If you do not have a PC capable of mining, you can still make money trading. Both mining and trading require an upfront investment in the form of actually building your PC or purchasing Bitcoins for trade. Really it all depends on your PC. There is no harm in mining if your PC can handle it, even building a PC to mine is worth it. Trading is riskier as you have to deal with people and know when to spot pumping or attempts at a pump and dump. (Trades meant to drive speculation usually through conspiring with others). What I can best advise is to show us your PC specs. Given that we can help you figure out if mining is worth it. If you cannot but still have the money to invest in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, it is just as viable.
montykh

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

Invest; and sell goods and services for bitcoin.  Mining seems to be profoundly wasteful and unproductive with the intransigence of the mining companies these days!

good idea, invest and wait for bitcoin grooving up (1000?)
mistress_magpie

Activity: 126

Retired from the mistressing business

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:43:05 PM

It is fine to wait for Bitcoin to go up if one sees it merely as a store of value.  If one sees it as a means of exchange, it is just as important to spend it (not trade it for fiat).

1MEuWAgzeArG9sittnqhuTHkMtgvirZvuS
tenthirtyone

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

It's really easy to get wiped out trading.

Mining is a high up front cost and if you are thinking of mining there are probably a few thousand others thinking the same thing.
lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:53:22 PM

Mining is for fun and occasional profits, trading btc is a great way to learn how to trade assets and commodities on real markets.
pandroid

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:30:38 AM

Mining is fun and unless you invest significant amounts into mining equipment it's definitely not worth it.

Trading is where the profits are.
Aknoth

Activity: 109

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:32:39 AM

trading need lot of time and patience, you need to buy at low price (obv.) and hold money to make more profit.

mining you have regular income but need invest
7SecondsToLive

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:33:48 AM

Definitely trading over mining, but trading gives people heart aches as the price fluctuates. I would've said mining months ago seeing today's price, but since the big hashers are all set up now, I don't feel like it's worth it.
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:38:43 AM

Trading is profitable now

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:02:24 AM

Mining is for fun and occasional profits, trading btc is a great way to learn how to trade assets and commodities on real markets.

By this very quote are you implying that BTC is not real?  Undecided
hvijay.1985

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:06:58 AM

If you are faint hearted / want an assured coin income / have ethical concerns (applies mostly to participating in pumps/dumps) -- then mining is the way to go.

On the other hand, if you are experienced and can take losses and gains in your stead and are aggressively looking to increase number of coin holdings, then trade.

Most people do a bit of both.
keno.com

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:20:13 AM

What hardware do I have to use if I want to be mining bitcoins?
NeckBeard

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:47:34 AM

Both is the way to play it...
mpattison

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:56:52 AM

mining > trading
i have two jupiters hashing away.  you telling me you'd rather trade large volumes?  i have guaranteed btc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: