Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:58:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Women of Bitcoin, Yes there's women  (Read 17236 times)
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:41:37 PM

Loved the bit about africa. Africa went from almost no telephony to straight to everyone having a mobile (cell) phone. Africa also relies on remittances. Both those facts could help africa to break out and adopt btc much more widely than the rest of the world. It'd be great to see them throw off the shackles that the rest of the world has been imposing on them forever.
Just an aside: wireless is practically made for Africa. They have relatively few hills and it's >1/3 desert, so you generally can use much shorter towers and less powerful equipment (or at least get the same-powered signal much farther). African savanna is also a relatively good place for wireless infrastructure due to generally having far fewer obstructions per distance than, for example, North American forests. If their governments are lenient toward wireless bandwidth frequencies, there's no reason they should be suffering low Internet bandwidth (it'll get better relatively fast), and the quick propagation of mobile technology is no surprise. It's also just about the best place on Earth (at least geographically) to break away from the Internet and get competing, decentralized solutions going.

There are a lot of cool things which could happen there and opportunities to really get a leg up.

On topic because there are women in Africa.

Not sure on the hills thing but Africa has a record for adopting lean tech because it's simply too big to do any other tech. I'm hoping they'll become what they deserve to be although I'm sure hundreds of suits in the west will be working day and night to ensure they won't.

The great thing about africa is it's easy adoption of disruptive tech. And that's exactly what btc is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:26:10 AM

Bitcoin magazine has a hottie

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:28:22 AM

No bra at 550

happygeorge

Activity: 146

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

She's a little mysterious, but I like this video with another "Bitcoin Girl"  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8-jQZKDeE
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:26:44 AM

https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech/sovryn-tech-special-0014-the
happygeorge

Activity: 146

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:38:34 AM

I bet all of these womin would let me give them the best screwing they've ever had for 1 BTC

Welcome to my ignore...  Roll Eyes

Dear Dafar, thank you for (after 3 years of being on this forum) giving me the chance to try the IGNORE function!  Hope it works! Smiley

Please, try responding.... I will COMPLETELY IGNORE YOU! btw... even if the "ignore" doesn't.

[ps, this post is actually not for you... it is for other "ignore" button pressing newbies... go ahead, give it a try! DAFAR gives you a great opportunity!
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1122

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:41:43 AM

I'm not on anybody's case because I don't get that it's a joke.

I'm on peoples' case because this particular *KIND* of joke keeps some of the best people away.  These are people I'm friends with, and whom I would like to see here.  A couple of them are even among the sharpest programmers I know, and if they got enthusiastic about cryptocurrencies they'd be an asset in terms of possible contributions.  

But, if they come on here and among the first things they see is a thread that starts off like this one?  Nope, bye.  You'll never hear from them even once, and they'll never be here again.  

So yes, I'm upset.  Every time I'm about to mention this place to someone who otherwise might like it, these clowns start another thread with one of these big steaming turds.  

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:08:29 AM

Speaking of stereotypes... what is it with women and "real men"?

Women can do whatever they want, but real women have no reason to leave the kitchen.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:40:06 AM

coinmkt girl is the best of all
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:45:56 AM

Women can do whatever they want, but real women have no reason to leave the kitchen.
I have... literally no idea what this means.

I say "real men" because studies have shown that the best way to make people stop being sexist is to make them realize that they're acting like immature little boys.
Oh, so "real man" is a euphemism for "having a large-enough dick." Real classy. Roll Eyes

I seriously doubt you've seen enough pre-pubescent boys' penises to judge, anyway. Roll Eyes
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:52:14 AM

I say "real men" because studies have shown that the best way to make people stop being sexist is to make them realize that they're acting like immature little boys.
Oh, so "real man" is a euphemism for "having a large-enough dick." Real classy. Roll Eyes

I seriously doubt you've seen enough pre-pubescent boys' penises to judge, anyway. Roll Eyes

Or maybe he has? He might have even sucked a few.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:54:28 AM

Don't ruin my deadpan humor with your weird pedophile jokes.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:57:38 AM

You missed the joke. It's a woman that you're talking to - not a he. You are pretty deadpan by the way. lol

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:06:33 AM

You missed the joke. It's a woman that you're talking to - not a he. You are pretty deadpan by the way. lol
I'm a man, but I guess the idea of understanding other peoples problems is totally foreign to you.

Really? I thought you were fighting that hard because you were a woman. That would at least be a good reason. So, you're just a pussy. Ok, got it.

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:14:06 AM

I swear some of the guys here are on their periods... you clowns are getting more offended and making a bigger deal about this thread than a woman would. If a woman got offended they would just ignore it or exit the thread because guess what, the rest of this forum (literally every single thread besides this) is about bitcoins and women aren't even mentioned. And people are somehow tying this as the main reason more women aren't involved with the tech scene, fuckin LOL! I know everyone is stressed and upset that we still haven't recovered back to $1000+, which means some of you will have to buy your kids notepads instead of iPads for Christmas, but let's just calm down because I have a feeling we have a good year ahead of us.

No one's implying anything negative about women. Most of them just don't know jack shit about bitcoins, and that's okay... they will just marry all the men who are bitcoin millionaires.  Grin

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:17:21 AM

I swear some of the guys here are on their periods... you clowns are getting more offended and making a bigger deal about this thread than a woman would. If a woman got offended they would just ignore it or exit the thread because guess what, the rest of this forum (literally every single thread besides this) is about bitcoins and women aren't even mentioned. And people are somehow tying this as the main reason more women aren't involved with the tech scene, fuckin LOL! I know everyone is stressed and upset that we still haven't recovered back to $1000+, which means some of you will have to buy your kids notepads instead of iPads for Christmas, but just calm the fuck down because I have a feeling we have a good year ahead of us.

No one's implying anything negative about women. Most of them just don't know jack shit about bitcoins, and that's okay... they will just marry all the men who are bitcoin millionaires.  Grin

You win. That's an even better troll than mine.

canuckgal

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:42:37 AM

Wow...I was hoping this could be a productive conversation but obviously not..

-out-

Cash Bitcoin sales in Winnipeg at www.bitcoinwpg.com. Western Union also available on Local Bitcoins (WinnipegBitcoinSeller)
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/WinnipegBitcoinSeller/

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep...in a blender." - Simpson, Homer J.

Tips: 1L5n1xgXzPyHDk84Ccpv5r3TKdiKcrVrfs
lorix

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:02:15 AM

It's reading threads like this and the crude, biased comments that are coming from several of the men here that makes me realize what an uphill battle we are going to have getting more women into the Bitcoin space. I've posted about women and Bitcoin on here before, we all want to see Bitcoin succeed and so long as we snicker and make disparaging remarks about women here, especially at public events this isn't going to help the cause one iota.

How would you feel if the situation was reversed and Bitcoin was a largely female dominated space? Imagine going to a conference or participating in a forum where 97% of the other guests are all women and you as a male are in the minority there.

Sure, some guys might think they can handle that but then mix in an undercurrent hostile feminism combined with anti-male sentiment and nobody taking you seriously because of your gender - you start to get an idea of how some women might feel in an environment like that to the point of giving up and leaving entirely.

Fortunately it's usually not that bad but all it does take is just a couple of bad actors to give the whole Bitcoin movement a negative reputation for women. Bitcoin is meant to be all inclusive - not just a boy's club.

At the end of the day, the few women that are genuinely into Bitcoin right now need to be treated as equal peers and given the same respect as any other member of the community. If anything they should be recognized as our best ambassadors for moving ahead and helping Bitcoin to get greater acceptance and credibility in the wider community - regardless of gender.

That just my 2 Satoshi's worth here... </rant>

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:20:19 AM

It's reading threads like this and the crude, biased comments that are coming from several of the men here that makes me realize what an uphill battle we are going to have getting more women into the Bitcoin space. I've posted about women and Bitcoin on here before, we all want to see Bitcoin succeed and so long as we snicker and make disparaging remarks about women here, especially at public events this isn't going to help the cause one iota.

How would you feel if the situation was reversed and Bitcoin was a largely female dominated space? Imagine going to a conference or participating in a forum where 97% of the other guests are all women and you as a male are in the minority there.

Sure, some guys might think they can handle that but then mix in an undercurrent hostile feminism combined with anti-male sentiment and nobody taking you seriously because of your gender - you start to get an idea of how some women might feel in an environment like that to the point of giving up and leaving entirely.

Fortunately it's usually not that bad but all it does take is just a couple of bad actors to give the whole Bitcoin movement a negative reputation for women. Bitcoin is meant to be all inclusive - not just a boy's club.

At the end of the day, the few women that are genuinely into Bitcoin right now need to be treated as equal peers and given the same respect as any other member of the community. If anything they should be recognized as our best ambassadors for moving ahead and helping Bitcoin to get greater acceptance and credibility in the wider community - regardless of gender.

That just my 2 Satoshi's worth here... </rant>

They're just seeking attention. Remember in grade school when boys would pull on the girls ponytails? Same principle.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:29:25 AM

Most of us wouldn't care or even consider the gender difference. I guess this is where men and women differ. They put so much weight on gender and ratio. Where most men would be like ohhh look bitcoiners that enjoy the space as much as I do.

No one is treating them less than equals. I respect talent and skills, not gender. So get over it.

That's right. The truth is we really don't know the gender of most people here. Hell, we don't really even know if they are all different people or the same person with multiple accounts. The fact is most of the users would be happy to have more females here but believe that mostly men post on forums. 4chan is the worst of them and is where the meme "tits or gtfo" came from because of the belief that no one there is female.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: