Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:34:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EOS holds huge amount of ETH. What will they do with it?  (Read 157 times)
chessi (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:59:58 AM

Since EOS launches its coin on Ethereum platform, they own ETH in billions of USD value.

They can play games with it and influence the price of ETH if they want.

What do you think  they will do with this amount of ETH? Is it not dangerous situation for the ETH?

The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:14:39 AM

Since EOS launches its coin on Ethereum platform, they own ETH in billions of USD value.

What do you think  they will do with this amount of ETH? Is it not dangerous situation for the ETH?

Many projects have big amount of Ethereum from their ICOs. Like Status, Bancor, Tezos, Aragon and more...

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

Again, I'm curious about this.
Because EOS has almost raised most of the ETH, these ETH will have a great impact on the price of ETH in the market.

LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

To my knowledge this is going to be used to fund ICO's launching on top of EOS and help fund further development of EOS.
But yes, they have raked in well over 5 million Ethereum. They have probably sold off some of it for EOS tokens, but if they sell it all in one shot they can definitely cause a flash crash of Ethereum. I doubt they would though.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
ashley_49

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:31:25 PM

Probably, they'll sell it to EOS. I'm wondering to see ethereum these day. Within just few months it has improved drastically and people are investing in ethereum rather than valueing other coins. Ethereum has long to go in the future.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:57:21 PM

well if they sell it will crush the price but for liquidity they will keep a lot .They will sell only what they need for operation and marketing purposes
Shazxdx

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:58:51 PM

Possibly they can put pressure on ETH selling.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:00:10 AM

They have already sold a bunch of ETH in the market and not in OTC, this has happened before and this may happen in future too. There tag is ETH Killer and they will be trying there level best to achieve it too, however, ETH is very stable and market adopted, if they hold a big amount of ETH, there is a big amount of buyers also available who would love to get these ETH on a dumped price.
ethergod

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:02:01 AM

This is a good question. I don't think they will sabotage or try to hurt the price of ETH; they will instead strategize on how to maximize their wealth to benefit the project. Anything else is incidental to that goal.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:10:39 AM

You need to worry less about stuffs like that
Virtually 800 tokens that performed ico have ethereum in large billions

It’s just to make the market a lot better and richer
Btc influences every other thing

While panick hodlers influence more negativity
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:13:52 AM

Scary part is that they will sell it to stay liquid. This is why some people are scared of Ethereum, it may seem like the value is artificial because most of the price surges are due to ICOs. However, rest assured that these ICOs also have Ethereum's best interest. They simply won't dump it all at once. I believe they're slowly selling it in a way that won't affect the market so much.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
promiscuouscouple

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:44:38 AM

I think this helps a little about the actual distribution

https://steemit.com/eos/@foobarme/daily-eos-distribution-statistics

Top 100
https://etherscan.io/token/tokenholderchart/0x86fa049857e0209aa7d9e616f7eb3b3b78ecfdb0

As for what the actual team will do with the coins... You never know.
johnethearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:42:46 PM

I am not sure about this news but EOS is ahead from ETH and ETH has a nice price in their mart.
garybyerz

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:53:49 PM

As far as anyone is concerned this will be utilized to subsidize ICO's starting over EOS and enable reserve to facilitate improvement of EOS. Be that as it may, indeed, they have rounded up well more than 5 million Ethereum. They have most likely sold off some of it for EOS tokens; however in the event that they offer everything in one shot they can cause a glimmer crash of Ethereum. Now it depends on them, what will they do actually?
bman01

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:54:11 AM

Yes agreed with you there would be huge impact if they sell all the ETH at once. But I believe they will not do so to make the market volatile.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:59:00 AM

I think it's going to leave a big impact on Ethereum. EOS have a large portion of asset Ethereum. If they sell it all, then it would be a dangerous situation for Ethereum.
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:17:36 AM

I remember reading somewhere that they hold about 3-5% of the entire ether supply, this combined with the amount of ether that icos currently hold could be a massive time bomb for ether, right now a lot of these icos are choosing not to sell thier ether because many of them feel that they can get more money holding it (essentially they are speculating on it/another story altogether) and in case of a market crash you might find a lot of them will want to dump to much if it to quickly which could amplify any crisis.

As for eos itself yes they could potentially use it to attack and destabilize ethereum once they release their mainnet and become their own blockchain, but if they try and dump everything together than it will only serve to lower the value of the ether they themselves hold.

I personally dont think they have anywhere near that amount of ether, i feel they have just been using the ether they raised during the initial few months to buy into their own supply on a daily basis(maybe a massive money laundering operation/conspiracy theory).

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
michael shikany

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:19:24 AM

I think VM will cash most of the money, he not just a genius IT person, but he is also a businessman.
Then I think he will cash most of the cash.

bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:44:50 AM

They are holding a huge amount of Ethereum that they raised in their ICO. I think they will use the most of the funds to develop their own chain in the future. They will also use these funds to reward the team, like IT, Advisors and devs!
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:50:27 AM

I dont think so EOS will be able to play with Ehtereum holdings if they really having but i am already holding some good amount of EOS in my wallet . The only worry is the exchange will support token swap or not i am really worry about . Lets see what happens Ethereum is already proven.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: