Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dream of a Crypto Ecosystem  (Read 99 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:24:11 AM

While some crypto enthusiasts dream of cashing out their currency into fiat when their holdings reach a certain profit I am looking forward to the day where there is a thriving Crypto ecosystem and we have a choice not to have to deal with the banks and other financial institutions and be able to spend our crypto in a day to day fashion.

We often read articles on people who have tried to live on Bitcoin https://www.coinist.io/living-on-cryptocurrencies/ and it isn't easy.

A lot of it, of course, depends on what country you are residing in certain countries are embracing the idea such as Switzerland, Estonia, and Singapore while other countries run the gamut from outright bans to reluctantly accepting it but with caveats.

As crypto gets more widely adopted, transaction fees fall and it becomes easier to use I believe the chances to use it for all sort of products and services will snowball.

One new ICO that is being launched soon which will help towards this is Zeex. This is a platform that will enable gift card suppliers to sell their gift cards for crypto. They have a working app that will be launched shortly after their token sale. They already have partnerships with a number of gift card companies and will be offering gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Nike, Xbox and Starbucks and hundreds more just to begin with.

For me personally, this is a great step forward. For instance, I can buy an Amazon gift card with crypto and use it to buy DVD's and books and other non-essentials but I can also make use of 'Amazon pantry' to buy groceries online and have them delivered to me. My coffee addiction is covered as well with the Starbucks option.

You can check out the Zeex website here: https://www.zeex.me/

While it doesn't mean that I will be totally free from fiat, it is another step in the right direction.

I'd love to know your thoughts, do you think we will have a fiat free World in the future? Do you know of any other solutions on where you can spend your crypto without having to deal with fiat?
entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:24:28 AM

The concept and the idea with which the cryptocoins were born is that, to be an alternative to traditional fiat money. However, people still see cryptocoins as a way to get more fiat money, we will see if this changes in the future or not.
ashley_49

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:30:42 PM

Wow! Another crypto coin is going to be launched. I hope Zeex will take a good place into the crypto currency market. The features seem to be very interesting for the investors. This may create a great competition further.
johnethearn

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:41:33 PM

It’s a good initiative for crypto. There are more people they believes cryptocoin still now fiat money. Now we can only wait for what happened next.
garybyerz

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:53:11 PM

The dream and vision of the crypto currency is to build a currency alternative to the flat money. In the flat money we have several problems especially the problem of counterfeit flat money and there is also problem with the security. To solve such problem, bitcoin has come in the world of crypto currency. The dream is to build an alternative to flat money that will be used for payment and other purposes. The idea is to develop digital currency. But the people are taking it as flat money
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:58:01 AM

I don't think we will have a fiat free world in future. But I think a time will come when fiat and cryptocurrency will run side by side. For now, there are no field where you can only deal with crypto without dealings with fiat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: