Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new bit fury doesn't detect  (Read 669 times)
shofty (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:01:17 PM

hi all.

i just bought a bit fury, which I can't get to detect on either os x or linux, more specifically ubuntu 13.10.

I wondered if anyone could give me some clues, or at least let me know they've managed to get it working on either of the above. I have read just now that ubuntu isn't the friendliest of OS's to get them working on, but i've managed to get past the list of pre reqs. but the device just doesn't appear. I've tested the ports with other devices, moved the device, etc.

I then moved the device to my 2013 Macbook pro, but it still doesn't detect. Im following this article http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/12/19/bitcoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-bi•fury-asics/

the device itself is in good condition after its journey to me. it lights up with the green LED. I do sometimes see the red one which goes out after a while. I haven't yet found a guide which explains what the LEDs mean though.

so anyone been successful with these devices? which OS, anyone on ubuntu?
shofty (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:20:17 PM

ok, partly solved my own issue, by restarting the mac and following the article to the letter. managed to get it to detect and even solved a block. but it thermalled, so I need to get it back into the ubuntu box and get the fan blowing on it again.

so maybe ignore this thread for an hour while i try and generate an actual error message on the ubuntu box.

shofty (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:10:22 PM

ok, so issue found that i need help with. when i plug the a sic into the ubuntu box, the red led lights up on the board. next to the green one. what does this indicate? I can't find info on the device anywhere to explain what this LED indicates.
shofty (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:49:23 AM

final post from me answering my own questions. seems the bit fury doesn't need to detect on ubuntu to hash. currently running along at 2.9Gh/s which isn't good enough, but if you saw how i'd cobbled it together, you'd be happy enough with that too.

gonna leave it over next couple of days and see what it comes up with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: