Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how can i get a refund or dispute my btc transactions?  (Read 2646 times)
lxFlasHxl (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:25:41 AM

i think i got scammed how can i dispute this? or its lost ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:33:28 AM

i think i got scammed how can i dispute this? or its lost ?

We need more details about what happened before we can make any suggestions. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BitVapes

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 12:37:57 AM

you have a lot of posts for someone who seems not to understand a fundamental tenant of bitcoin is that its irreversible.   If you lose your coins, they are gone.  If you send them to someone who rips you off, your only recourse is to hope they send them back, or try your luck at finding them and reporting fraud or theft to the police or sue them privately.   

If it is someone who maintains a public or online image, you can contact them privately and plead your case or publicly name-and-shame them and see if they want to defend their reputation

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 12:48:51 AM

The whole point of bitcoins is that there is no central authority. If you're looking for a solution inside the bitcoin system, there is none. That is the whole point.

If you're looking for a solution outside of the bitcoin system, there may be one. For example, you always sue the person who ripped you off. You can expose them as a scammer in public. You can warn others.

But if you sent someone bitcoins, there is no mechanism to dispute or undo that transaction. This is what makes bitcoins useful.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:09:39 PM

You get a refund via going to the police and reporting the fraud that happened to you. Hopefully you did get all necessary information about your trade partner before...
There is nearly no way to reverse a transaction and absolutely no way if you are just some average guy without a 20000 GPU farm already built up in your backyard.

Bitcoins are like cash - you also cannot go to the central bank and say "hey, this 100$ bill was scammed from me, please reverse/dispute it". Just go to the police and/or get a lawyer.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 05:02:46 PM

YOU CAN FILE A CLAIM AND GET A REFUND IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS IF IT IS LESS THAN 100 BTC

If you will simply send me 10% of what you want back in BTC, I will show you, as well walk you through it. I have used it twice and works like a charm!

1LGuvAZ4JBq7kCSfJ9WjoUYymHC7qaYJpp

Grin

Hmmm not sure if it's a joke or not ...

BTW I don't think it's possible instead of going to police and say you've been scammed, I also don't think any people who did that even for a big amount have got their BTC back cause it's difficult to trace someone with only bitcoin transaction.

As preventive method you should always use an escrow like my service BTCrow.com and other service offer also. This way if you,re scammed you,ll be able to retrieve your bitcoins.

BTCrow

Activity: 243

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 06:30:13 PM

YOU CAN FILE A CLAIM AND GET A REFUND IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS IF IT IS LESS THAN 100 BTC

If you will simply send me 10% of what you want back in BTC, I will show you, as well walk you through it. I have used it twice and works like a charm!

Grin

BTW I don't think it's possible instead of going to police and say you've been scammed, I also don't think any people who did that even for a big amount have got their BTC back cause it's difficult to trace someone with only bitcoin transaction.

As preventive method you should always use an escrow like my service BTCrow.com and other service offer also. This way if you,re scammed you,ll be able to retrieve your bitcoins.

I'll also buy your BTC for $25.00 each if you will accept Paypal.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

LOL ok definitively a joke.

xali

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:46:44 PM

guys i think op himself was a troll. this board is way too nice imo =p

someone else had been posting on my account for over a year; Every post from January 10 2017 to June 18 2018 is NOT ME
Whoever this person was that got access to my account, felt the need to shill something called "bidium" in my signature
very surreal. is this normal? the internet is full of crooks... watch out
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:17:24 AM

guys i think op himself was a troll. this board is way too nice imo =p
I don't think so. OP, if you would like to privately send me the information about this, you may.

PiGames

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:46:06 AM

Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just for you, I will buy all of your available BTC for $35 each and send you the money via bank wire. Just send me 1/4 of the total amount of BTC to 1LGuvAZ4JBq7kCSfJ9WjoUYymHC7qaYJpp and I will send you USD for the full amount. You can them send the remaining 75% to the same address.

The $35.00 is just for you, everyone else only gets $30.00 per BTC.

Grin Grin Grin

Ahh..Sounds like Jita all over again ><

I thought I quit that damn game
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:21:29 PM

Dispute? BUAHAHAHA

The anonymous nature of bitcoin is most helpful to criminals and scammers who are able to steal and scam with little to no risk at all of consequence.  Cut out the kids, and cut out the criminals and then you would have a winner.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:34:54 PM

The anonymous nature of bitcoin is most helpful to criminals and scammers who are able to steal and scam with little to no risk at all of consequence.  Cut out the kids, and cut out the criminals and then you would have a winner.

How would one go about doing that?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Man From The Future

Activity: 371

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 08:02:26 PM

Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just for you, I will buy all of your available BTC for $35 each and send you the money via bank wire. Just send me 1/4 of the total amount of BTC to 1LGuvAZ4JBq7kCSfJ9WjoUYymHC7qaYJpp and I will send you USD for the full amount. You can them send the remaining 75% to the same address.

Grin Grin Grin

Ahh..Sounds like Jita all over again ><

I thought I quit that damn game
You can't quit EVE. You can't.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 08:38:52 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Maybe one day we'll look back at this offer, just like the pizza, and say "my, he was sure lowballing to only offer $35/btc."

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
MrJoshua

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 09:43:03 PM

i think i got scammed how can i dispute this?

Exactly the same way you would dispute a cash transaction.

The value of bitcoins is not a theory, predictions of it's failure are what is theoretical.
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 10:54:48 PM

Bitcoins are like cash - you also cannot go to the central bank and say "hey, this 100$ bill was scammed from me, please reverse/dispute it". Just go to the police and/or get a lawyer.

In fact its the same as with bank transfers in most of the world (outside USA).

At least in most European countries, the only way to "reverse" a bank transfer is to sue the counter-party to force them to send you the transfer back.

It's only in the USA and maybe some other places which have a banking culture similar to the USA that you can go to your bank and reverse the transaction. And for all countries for credit cards and direct debit, but that's a different story. I am talking about wire transfers.

BTW, can someone, who knows the USA banking system well, tell me is a Fedwire in the USA reversible in case of a scam, without suing?
I mean this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedwire

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 11:03:40 PM

BTW, can someone, who knows the USA banking system well, tell me is a Fedwire in the USA reversible in case of a scam, without suing?
I mean this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedwire
http://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/fedfunds_about.htm says "The Federal Reserve Banks provide the Fedwire Funds Service, a real-time gross settlement system that enables participants to initiate funds transfer that are immediate, final, and irrevocable once processed."

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 11:20:23 PM

http://www.federalreserve.gov/paymentsystems/fedfunds_about.htm says "The Federal Reserve Banks provide the Fedwire Funds Service, a real-time gross settlement system that enables participants to initiate funds transfer that are immediate, final, and irrevocable once processed."

Great. Then its in fact the same even in the USA.

Is an option to send a Fedwire usually available in the web-banking system for normal US bank account holders, personal accounts?

And why are people talking about reversibility of bank transfers in the US, chargebacks, etc? And that you can make disputes with the bank, etc? Credit cards, direct debit - OK, but transfers initiated from the banking system of the sender?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: