Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:38:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So how do I get started with bitcoins? What phone makes in-person trades?  (Read 481 times)
Mega Thrusters Are Go (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:49:48 PM

I was stupid and listened to the nerds at Something Awful back in like 2006 when they said this would never go anywhere. Imagione how many coins I coulda bought...  Cry Cry

My question is, how do I trade my products, new in box, for bitcoins?

What phone would I need to make the transfer? I'm due for a phone upgrade anyway.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:06:30 PM

Also, I downloaded the wallet, but where do I get my address, to use the faucets and things? It's the long string under Receive Coins tab, right? How do I copy-paste it? Don't tell me I have to copy it by hand...

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:23:31 PM

Also there's some kind of error message in red that says my wallet is out of sync. Uh... okay? How do I get my wallet "in sync?" Take it to a Justin Timberlake concert?  Grin There'sno "fix this" button. How do I fix this?

There's some kind of progress bar at the bottom that seems to be doing something, and now my computer is chugging like an asthmatic pensioner running uphill. What is this?

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:19:17 PM

Haha, the computer wallet is downloading the blockchain and can take a couple of hours. Patience is key! Smiley Also, Androids are the best phones for Bitcoin related things. Blockchain, Mycelium, or the original Bitcoin wallet app by Andreas Schildbach are great mobile wallets! Good luck.

So do I have to wait a couple hours each time? Cuz right now it said there like 8,000 blocks left, and after an hour, there's still 7,000 blocks left. Do i have to wait this long each time? Cuz i can't see this bitcoin stuff catching on if that's the case.

And which app is the "original Bitcoin wallet app?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: