Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:16:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to mine with my mini miner?  (Read 165 times)
Xivibe (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:47:22 AM

I am looking for some new interesting mineable coins X11, X13, X14, X15 or Quark to test my new hardware Baikal Mini.

Although I am not the biggest fan of POW(I have a green heart  Tongue), I couldn't resist to buy one.

Yes I am a hypocrite, I admit. But the energy consumption is very low so I am a mini hypocrite.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:07:08 AM

I couldn't resist to buy one.

Dear Troll, thank you for your customs and kind support, without you, lying and deceiving would not be possible in this market.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Xivibe (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:16:23 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 09:29:05 AM by Xivibe

I couldn't resist to buy one.

Dear Troll, thank you for your customs and kind support, without you, lying and deceiving would not be possible in this market.

Lol, I was quite honest actually about my thoughts. I believe it's quite good to be critical about energy consumption.

Any mineable coin tips?

ps. hopefully I am not offending all the big energy slurping miners with my low profile hardware setup preference,
we can still be friends!
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:45:08 AM

It's actually not energy efficient at all, it just uses less energy than, say, a D3. However, a D3 will, at least on the X11 algo, mine at 10x+ the efficiency for 2-3x the energy depending on your settings. That is FAR more earth friendly (and the D3 is currently barely churning out a profit at the cost of a lot of electricity, I turned mine off a couple months back, even using Blissz's firmware).

As something to play with, the Baikal mini looks neat enough. If you're set on using it, I suggest just looking at the algos and mining whatever will bring in the most coins and cross your fingers they end up worth something. At the current rate, you lose money by turning it on (unless your electricity is free). It's a 2 year old ASIC. It's great for playing with or learning with, and if either is your goal, good luck with it!
Xivibe (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:02:20 AM

It's actually not energy efficient at all, it just uses less energy than, say, a D3. However, a D3 will, at least on the X11 algo, mine at 10x+ the efficiency for 2-3x the energy depending on your settings. That is FAR more earth friendly (and the D3 is currently barely churning out a profit at the cost of a lot of electricity, I turned mine off a couple months back, even using Blissz's firmware).

As something to play with, the Baikal mini looks neat enough. If you're set on using it, I suggest just looking at the algos and mining whatever will bring in the most coins and cross your fingers they end up worth something. At the current rate, you lose money by turning it on (unless your electricity is free). It's a 2 year old ASIC. It's great for playing with or learning with, and if either is your goal, good luck with it!

Thanks for the bright explanation, I understand what you mean. Proportionate to bigger mining hardware I use relatively more energy for every mined coin.
But I was thinking from the perspective as a person with my 1 Kilowatt a day energy consumption, a few dollars a month.

Yeah it's just for testing some technical parts, so if there is a coin with only the creator who mines it and wants me to join, I'm in.  Wink

And then don't try to humiliate me with your 10xD3 setup please.
greyday

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

Thanks for the bright explanation, I understand what you mean. Proportionate to bigger mining hardware I use relatively more energy for every mined coin.
But I was thinking from the perspective as a person with my 1 Kilowatt a day energy consumption, a few dollars a month.

Yeah it's just for testing some technical parts, so if there is a coin with only the creator who mines it and wants me to join, I'm in.  Wink

Hahaha, no. One D3, it just mines 10-15x as efficiently. With the Blissz firmware, mine was running at about 14.5gh/s at 740W at the wall.
Xivibe (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:53:10 AM

Hahaha, no. One D3, it just mines 10-15x as efficiently. With the Blissz firmware, mine was running at about 14.5gh/s at 740W at the wall.

That's neat, with that consumption I have to switch off mining if I want to have a coffee.  Wink

Hello,

Mining coins with your miner isn't very profitable but I've done some research and a few coins could make you (a little bit) of money.

First of all (probably the most profitable) is Deep Onion. This will make you about $3.70 a week.

Then Quark. This will make you about $1.70 a week

And firecoin looks interesting to me but i didnt find any calculators for that.

Sincerely,
Daehworra

With your calculations it will cost me 1.5 years non-stop mining to earn my invested bucks back.

Great perspective...
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:36:00 AM

With your calculations it will cost me 1.5 years non-stop mining to earn my invested bucks back.

Great perspective...

If you get your money back then you will be better than 90% of trolls who threw their money away in the drain, most of you trolls just think an asic will make you rich, the only thing that is getting richer and richer are asic companies for your undeniable mindless support ehhe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
greyday

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:40:52 AM

Great perspective...

If you get your money back then you will be better than 90% of trolls who threw their money away in the drain, most of you trolls just think an asic will make you rich, the only thing that is getting richer and richer are asic companies for your undeniable mindless support ehhe

He/she just bought it. It's a two year old ASIC. They made someone on ebay richer, not Baikal.

And I really don't think they are trolling.
greyday

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

Hello,

Mining coins with your miner isn't very profitable but I've done some research and a few coins could make you (a little bit) of money.

First of all (probably the most profitable) is Deep Onion. This will make you about $3.70 a week.

Sincerely,
Daehworra

Great perspective...

That's not a perspective, it's math. Your miner isn't very profitable. You can learn a lot with it, and maybe you'll get lucky and mine something that will be worth a bunch in the future, but if you were looking to cash out on the regular you're simply not going to make much.
Xivibe (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

Great perspective...

Becoming rich is something different for me than having lots of money. There must be plenty of lonely 'rich' mining trolls without true happiness in their live.

Money can make people feel poor. Don't want to go deeper today...  lol

Hello,

Sincerely,
Daehworra

Great perspective...

That's not a perspective, it's math. Your miner isn't very profitable. You can learn a lot with it, and maybe you'll get lucky and mine something that will be worth a bunch in the future, but if you were looking to cash out on the regular you're simply not going to make much.

Don't worry, I am not going to blindstair on profit with my rookie setup and mimimum investments. I prefer to connect with people and learn, but not in bitconnect's way...

And if there is no reasonable mining alternative for me I'll attempt to compile something myself after a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: