Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto Institute and the Importance of Bitcoin History  (Read 1398 times)
bitstein (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:16:37 PM

Many newbies entering the Bitcoin community tend to think that Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin in a vacuum, but Bitcoin is actually part of a wider Cypherpunk/crypto-anarchist movement using cryptography to establish protocols that compete and can replace legacy institutions.

To address a wider lack of scholarship about Bitcoin, its history, and its social implications, members of the Mises Circle at the University of Texas, Pierre Rochard, Daniel Krawisz, and myself (Michael Goldstein), have teamed up to form the Satoshi Nakamoto Institute. By addressing the history of monetary and legal systems and the history of attempts by cryptographers to address these issues, we can better understand why Bitcoin is important and the principles for which it stands. So far, you can find source material from Satoshi Nakamoto, Nick Szabo, Timothy C. May, Whitfield Diffie, and others, including economists such as Peter Šurda, Konrad S. Graf, and Friedrich Hayek. With your support we can help foster a more diverse, principled, and intellectual community celebrating the use of technology to make a freer world.
infinitybo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

Sure because we all need to know "the importance of Bitcoin history".
utuxia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:32:32 AM

i just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPY-5SR-jPQ&feature=youtu.be

where you mention the Nakamoto Institute. Is this a legitimate foundation? Because the Bitcoin Foundation seems to be fully of degenerates.
ampere

Activity: 1246
Merit: 116

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:33:55 AM

is this real? haven't clicked on the link

utuxia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:51:43 AM

what do you mean "is this real"?
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

probably a newbie introducing himself in a humorous way, kudos to that  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:23:31 AM

i just watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPY-5SR-jPQ&feature=youtu.be

where you mention the Nakamoto Institute. Is this a legitimate foundation? Because the Bitcoin Foundation seems to be fully of degenerates.

That video has ~3X the views then what GoCoin's most watched video on YouTube has, and I'm almost pretty sure it didn't have to secure $550K USD VC to obtain that reach.

My only concern is that Brock Pierce may somehow extract the gold from Goldstein and try to sell on on some exchange prior to it going belly-up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: