Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:20:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitPay - How does it work ?  (Read 1027 times)
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:36:42 PM

I was checking BitPay demo and stuck at a point. When I am trying to pay in Bitcoin BitPay takes me to this page...

https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=FbSLba73AoYCJQNwJmC2wj

Now, how come a person, with blockchain.info wallet, will pass through this part ? Nothing is happening when I am clicking the Pay with Bitcoin button, which seems is just a hyperlink to 'bitcoin:1LuYADjKVCWaVd9cuQNGffJhx4Q5rcNbdV?amount=0.0001' !!!

Pardon my ignorance... can anyone please explain ?

gooryheta

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:42:49 PM

Now, how come a person, with blockchain.info wallet, will pass through this part ? Nothing is happening when I am clicking the Pay with Bitcoin button, which seems is just a hyperlink to 'bitcoin:1LuYADjKVCWaVd9cuQNGffJhx4Q5rcNbdV?amount=0.0001' !!!

If you have bitcoin-qt client installed it would ask if you want send 0.0001 to 1LuYADjKVCWaVd9cuQNGffJhx4Q5rcNbdV inside bitcoin-qt

If you have just blockchain.info wallet, it would do nothing

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:25:24 AM

If you have a BlockChain wallet like many people do, nothing will happen.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:29:22 AM

I use blockchain.info for my wallet... (I never leave bitcoin in it for long by the way..lol)

But bitpay lets you view the wallet address they want you to send bitcoin to.

Just hit "view address" button.

So I just copy and paste, super easy...  Smiley

starmex

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:35:37 AM

Its not compatible with a blockchain.info wallet unless you manually key in the receiving address
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:48:38 AM

BitPay is a form of payment, just as easily they accept payments from credit cards, debit cards, or Paypal.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:55:16 AM

BitPay is a form of payment, just as easily they accept payments from credit cards, debit cards, or Paypal.

The OP was talking about using the bitpay demo... Hopefully there are some sites that will only take bitpay anyway...

Cheaper for them using credit cards and their high processing fees.
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:16:35 AM

Its not compatible with a blockchain.info wallet unless you manually key in the receiving address

So if I manually key in the receiving address in blockchain.info wallet and pay the mentioned amount, then will the transaction complete ? How the control will come back to the initiating website then ? Or does it mean that BitPay payment can be used only for those running resident BTC client ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: