Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to convert XMR and ZEC into Euro? (Bittrex / Coinbase)  (Read 102 times)
xberg (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:51:00 AM

Hi,
I have some Monero and Zcash I wish to convert into Euro / my bank account. What's the least costly option to do so?

I currently have a Bittrex and a Coinbase account.
I was thinking of doing
1. Bittrex: conversion from XMR/ZEC to ETH or BTC.
2. Transfer ETH or BTC to Coinbase / GDAX
3. Sell ETH or BTC on GDAX

There are quite some fees involved in doing this so is there a more effective method?
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:05:11 AM

I never thought Zcash Gemini would take it. Because I thought you were disturbing the central governments more.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:23:48 AM

For your Zcash,  if you KYC and all with Gemini then you can probably cash out directly via them.  As far as I know Gemini does fiat as well, I have never used them before though.  They recently started supporting Zcash.

https://www.ccn.com/zcash-price-spikes-to-345-after-gemini-announces-new-trading-pairs/

Otherwise, you can just swap it for another coin and sell that, but I would advise against Eth or BTC. Use litecoin, its much cheaper and you don't need to wait long for it to arrive like with BTC Smiley

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:49:36 AM

whatever you do, don't use bittrex. they are scammers and also they have the highest fees for everything among all the exchanges. their withdrawal fees are huge and the trading fee is the highest at $0.25%
use other better exchanges such as Binance which have lower fees like 0.1% and also are not scammers like bittrex.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: