Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:31:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas price  (Read 1694 times)
Donovan XXL (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 10:36:23 AM

Any reason for the Ethereum gas price being so high lately?
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

Maybe due to high loads of traffic on Ethereum network, but just ignore those one since if those one is recommended by the network then it will best to anyone to follow it since it could make their transaction more faster, And if you disobey it and lower down the gas then you will surely encounter a long delays of transaction things.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
vastmast

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:43:19 AM

It depends on the traffic. If too many people are sending, the times are getting longer and more gas is needed. Sometimes you must give high gwei, sometimes low. You can check you need gas amount with https://ethgasstation.info Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Donovan XXL (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 10:47:21 AM

Ok I get that explanation but why such a high traffic then?
It's been going on for weeks now.
chessi

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

In my opinion the reason is very high amount of ICOs these days that run on Ethereum, and especially the EOS ICO that runs already for half a year and will end up by the end of the month. The amount of traffic that all these ICOs generate is really significant, which consequently affects the gas prices. I think it's one of the reasons that more alternatives to Ethereum platform will soon emerge.
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:22:09 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 11:36:20 AM by Jaycee99

Here are the posible reasons base on experienced and what I know

1. I think it is because of you amount that you want to transact

2. It is because if the traffic many people thousands, billions of peoplw trade, sell and buy exchange and transfer it from time to  time.

It is not just you who do a transaction

Lets say

We have 2 lanes in the cyber space

Line 1

Fee is 1USD

And you have to fall in line  for that transfer

But for line 2 it is 2USD

And you have to fall in line too BUT it is much more faster than the fee of line one

In short the one who pays higher gets a transfer faster but not in one click because like I said many people do a transaction from time to time.
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:22:20 AM

Maybe due to high loads of traffic on Ethereum network, but just ignore those one since if those one is recommended by the network then it will best to anyone to follow it since it could make their transaction more faster, And if you disobey it and lower down the gas then you will surely encounter a long delays of transaction things.

So it depends on the number of person sending or do transact from another person.  Sometimes i experience that the token i send was always pending then it always cancelled or failed, what happen on that? is that because of too many transaction happen or it is because the token i send was too cheap?

labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:26:11 AM

Increase in gas for sending on Ethereum network is always occurs whenever the traffic on Ethereum network is much, we experienced something of thi nature last year during crypto kitty’s issue on Ethereum network and the price of gas was like war then if I could remember properly.
LiquorBan

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:31:15 AM

It depends on the traffic bro because too many people sending and if you want to check gas price you can look it here ethgasstation.info.
nahnah

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:49:07 AM

I think the recent high gas prices may be caused by very crowded transaction traffic and require us to use more gas than the usual transactions
Donovan XXL (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

Is anyone reading here?
I know the high traffic raises gas price and you have to pay more fees to have your transaction working.
What I want to know is what recent event explains that congestion. Like someone said, there once was the crypto kitties issue but what is it this time?
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:40:11 PM

I think it is because of the popularity of this gas
But are you really worried about it
do you have some explanation
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:44:28 PM

Because miners can decide to increase or decrease the use of gas. The person who makes a transaction sets the price of gas and the miner can accept or not. This causes a real market to emerge around this gas system.

Ethereum also has a block size limit - so you pay for premium space in the next block, just like with bitcoins.

With Bitcoin, miners prioritize the transaction with the highest commissions. The same goes for Ethereum, since miners are free to choose to ignore operations whose gas is too low. The price of gas per transaction or contract is set to fit in with the Turing Complete nature of Ethereum and its EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine).
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:48:50 PM

It does not really matter how long it has been going since if there is more transaction being piled up day in day out anyway, it would still remain like that until it reduces. People have already given you the main cause and no one can know pretty much exactly what could be making the transaction to be that way.

Still, it is understandable like someone said, that people are trying to move their tokens and Eth into exchanges, since there is a possibility of a change in trend and they would not want to miss those peaks to sell and buy back lower which I believe explains why it could be that way.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:05:08 PM

The current load on the Ethereum network is caused by Bitguild's new game Ether.online. It's taken the first place by the number of transactions per 24 hours, it has even overtaken the Cryptokitties. And it's on the 3rd place among the top Ethereum dapps. So it's another indicator that ETH is not ready for such heavy load.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:14:58 PM

Using the high gas price can make you process your transaction surely and more faster. The heavy traffic is caused by the people who used the ethereum from time to time to buy and sell their coins. Following the rules can make you avoid the delays on your transaction. I did before not to increase the gas price and it come out to had error in my transaction and cannot send the coins in the exchange.

vladuch1

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:39:12 PM

The price of gas has increased, as people are now performing a lot of transactions. A similar situation was when a game about crypto cats appeared on the network. Then the gas price jumped several times.
Donovan XXL (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:43:52 AM

The current load on the Ethereum network is caused by Bitguild's new game Ether.online. It's taken the first place by the number of transactions per 24 hours, it has even overtaken the Cryptokitties. And it's on the 3rd place among the top Ethereum dapps. So it's another indicator that ETH is not ready for such heavy load.
Thanks!
Finally someone with an intelligent answer.
As for the others stop spamming this thread. I understand you need to post for your signature campaigns but please post something that actually makes sense.
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:46:43 AM

Because the ICO market is getting hot again recently.
And ETH's throughput is not large, so when a large amount of token is transferred, the ETH block will become congested.

xalp

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:37:24 PM

Thanks!
Finally someone with an intelligent answer.
As for the others stop spamming this thread. I understand you need to post for your signature campaigns but please post something that actually makes sense.
From dappradar
Ether.online has 1092 Tx in the last 24 hours and 10823 in the last 7d. This is very small. And has never taken the first place by the number of transactions per 24 hours.
It seems the reason is another...

🐶  🐱
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: