Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to sell my forum account for btc. Is there any interest in this?  (Read 7400 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:00:34 PM

What price would you be happy to sell for?

I don't really think accounts would be that valuable unless they had some trusted positive feedback.

That's the joke with the feedback system. Positive feedback can be earned rather quickly with small transactions. What makes it valuable is the "activity system" because it relies on "time" as a component. You can do some small trades and buy the "activity" to increase the perception of trust.

BTW: I have already had offers from low activity absolutely fucking horrible scammers with really bad trust ratings. So far I have refused to sell.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:11:19 PM

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)

I can offer 0.01 BTC.

Obviously any trust built up during the life of one account will not transfer to another person because it would be common knowledge that the account is in different hands. Thank you for the offer! If the offer was serious that means accounts do have value for trade. Regrettably, I will have to decline.

Many people who have joined the forum in the past few months are unaware and learning every day that trading accounts is not disallowed and that it sporadically occurs, so some may easily fall for a scam perpetrated with your account. I wouldn't mind spending 0.01 BTC to prevent that (but not more than that), and maybe as an experiment post for a while with it to see how many people would be aware of the sale of your account.

It won't be common knowledge to all, only those in the know.

Maybe a scam or potential scam perpetrated by a respected member is what is needed to show how dangerous selling accounts is. And what's to stop a member scamming with their account then claiming innocence because they claimed they sold it?

We’re meant to be able to trust respected members who have built up feedback through trades etc, but to me, this trust is kind of worthless when people can just claim they've sold their account. Even involving a third party escrow service in deals now seems like just one other person involved that could scam you.

You want to know a few very trusted and well established hero members that have scammed in this community?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35827

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3046

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=24749

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2033

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=38455

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=16160

One of these scammers was a moderator for a long time, one was a worldwide spokesman for Bitcoin and another one was on the default trust list and had control over forum funds. I was caught by a couple of these scammers because I "trusted" their reputation in the community. Selling or buying an account is meaningless because you never really know the character of the person you're dealing with. The ONLY rule of thumb you can follow and be safe is "trust no one".

What? Zhoutongs profile is still being used. Last login is today Smiley

I don't agree with the policy that the only retribution against anyone here is the "scammer" tag and that's almost impossible to get. Nefario can come back anytime he sees fit too. There is no block on his account. I guess he's just brighter than that kid Zhou Tong. Look at Zhou's trust rating! The problem is, scammers can always come back for round two and fuck a bunch more people.

I don't want to get in a flame war with him but I know of another scammer that is back after a long hiatus and he has no negative trust rating because the system didn't exist way back then. I'm waiting to see him start a large scam up before openly attacking him.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:13:49 PM

I don't agree with the policy that the only retribution against anyone here is the "scammer" tag and that's almost impossible to get. Nefario can come back anytime he sees fit too. There is no block on his account. I guess he's just brighter than that kid Zhou Tong. Look at Zhou's trust rating! The problem is, scammers can always come back for round two and fuck a bunch more people.

I don't want to get in a flame war with him but I know of another scammer that is back after a long hiatus and he has no negative trust rating because the system didn't exist way back then. I'm waiting to see him start a large scam up before openly attacking him.

It's better they come back using the same name than make a new account. Easier to spot them.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:32:10 PM

It's better they come back using the same name than make a new account. Easier to spot them.

That's true. The "real" old timers can spot them. I had conflicts with him using my "CornedBeefHash" account in 2011. LoupGaroux was all over the guy like stink on shit back then too. But LoupGaroux is gone and so are most of the people he originally fucked. That's ok though, I'm still here waiting for him to get stupid. lol

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:39:03 PM

Bump!

I might be able to offer a better way for you to gain trust if you act quickly. Send me a PM if you're interested.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:31:49 PM

Some folks do giveaways and require accounts of a certain age to qualify.
So the account may have some value for this purpose aside from anything else.

I don't support the idea, or the notion of gaming the trust system, but I wish you well.
You must really be suffering to compromise yourself in such ways.
Ethics are more important than money, it is easy to make money if you lose it, but when you lose trust, it is so very hard to regain, and often impossible.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:23:16 PM

I don't support the idea, or the notion of gaming the trust system, but I wish you well.
Ethics are more important than money, it is easy to make money if you lose it, but when you lose trust, it is so very hard to regain, and often impossible.

Agreed. Trust is an important aspect of this community and it's been violated many times by well respected founding members of Bitcoin.

I'm uniquely qualified to do what I'm doing. It should be easy for anyone to tell if someone new is controlling my account. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.msg2427812#msg2427812

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:42:34 PM

Agreed. Trust is an important aspect of this community and it's been violated many times by well respected founding members of Bitcoin.

I'm uniquely qualified to do what I'm doing. It should be easy for anyone to tell if someone new is controlling my account. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.msg2427812#msg2427812

Haha so this topic isn't genuine Wink
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:48:21 PM

Haha so this topic isn't genuine Wink

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

Oh

lips.zip

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
jimmyvance

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:47:23 PM

I'll buy it for 0.01.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 09:07:51 PM

I'll buy it for 0.01.

I've already had offers for 10x that but thanks for the offer. Smiley

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:44:13 PM

I'll buy it for 0.01.

The true value of the account was made plain by the above reveal.  It is worth more than 10x.

Consider:
http://css.csail.mit.edu/6.858/2013/projects/mfleder-mkester-spillai.pdf

I would never buy an account such as QuestionAuthority, or at least not here, and not through the forum, or with a PM even... If only there were another way that didn't destroy its value...

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:52:00 PM

I'll buy it for 0.01.

The true value of the account was made plain by the above reveal.  It is worth more than 10x.

Consider:

I would never buy an account such as QuestionAuthority, or at least not here, and not through the forum, or with a PM even... If only there were another way that didn't destroy its value...

That's the reason to buy my account. It's never been linked to a real Bitcoin address. It is also the reason for everyone to trade accounts occasionally. If the majority of users traded accounts using PM only and never used a Bitcoin address twice that concept wouldn't work.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 04:03:31 PM

I'll buy it for 0.01.

Consider:

That's the reason to buy my account. It's never been linked to a real Bitcoin address. It is also the reason for everyone to trade accounts occasionally. If the majority of users traded accounts using PM only and never used a Bitcoin address twice that concept wouldn't work.

Thanks for making plain what you have, it is valuable and you have earned what you will receive.  Well done.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:26:06 PM

CornedBeefHash

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

I'll give you .25 btc if you're interested.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

PM sent.

WillShill4BTC

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

PM sent.

I'm bit short myself right now, but I'm long on 99% wholegrain flour iykwim. 100g?
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:15:44 PM

PM sent.

I'm bit short myself right now, but I'm long on 99% wholegrain flour iykwim. 100g?

I love flour. How would you ship it?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: