Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to sell my forum account for btc. Is there any interest in this?  (Read 7394 times)
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:17:56 PM

Are you even still selling this? This whole chain of replies have drifted on a tangent completely.

No, it's never really been for sale. Read above.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:37:53 PM

Are you even still selling this? This whole chain of replies have drifted on a tangent completely.

Either that, or its been sold and the new QA is holding true on the original QA's position in this matter in order to maintain the plausible deniability.

Hopefully we will never know.

BTW this new QA has almost as good of a sense of humor as the old one!  Not an easy task.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:42:00 PM

Either that, or its been sold and the new QA is holding true on the original QA's position in this matter in order to maintain the plausible deniability.

Hopefully we will never know.

BTW this new QA has almost as good of a sense of humor as the old one!  Not an easy task.

LOL - well, thank you. I studied his magnificence for months to master it.

bitcoin2x

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:09:41 PM

how to ensure that my account is not sending negative feedback when to buy it ?
nocroom

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:13:20 PM

I can give you 10 DOGE WOW

I can get those for free when I walk my dog. He gives me those for free right after he pees.

LOLOL > Free bump just for that

Check out this blog if you want free bitcoins https://bitcoinvest.cc/how-to-get-free-bitcoins-fast
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:39:19 PM

An appropriate level of trolling, lol. I like that.

To end all debate, I did not sell this account. I argued with someone about how bad the account selling and sock puppet problem was at this forum. I said it wasn't a big deal. To prove my point I made this thread trying to honeypot possible buyers that would communicate via PM only. I have received 22 offers to purchase the account in a year. Half of those never posted in the thread and one of those was an account reseller that never posted in the thread. I'm not happy to admit I was wrong. It's a bigger problem than I thought it was.

For the record I would have given any potential buyer a test to make sure they had an appropriate knowledge of Bitcoin (capital B) and an appropriate sense of humor prior to selling the account, in order to ensure that your legacy lives on.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

For the record I would have given any potential buyer a test to make sure they had an appropriate knowledge of Bitcoin (capital B) and an appropriate sense of humor prior to selling the account, in order to ensure that your legacy lives on.

What an asshole.

Claiming that shows absence of the ability to adjudicate such a test.
QA was one of a kind.
The current impostor is but a shadow of the former glory.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

To end all debate, I did not sell this account. I argued with someone about how bad the account selling and sock puppet problem was at this forum. I said it wasn't a big deal. To prove my point I made this thread trying to honeypot possible buyers that would communicate via PM only. I have received 22 offers to purchase the account in a year. Half of those never posted in the thread and one of those was an account reseller that never posted in the thread. I'm not happy to admit I was wrong. It's a bigger problem than I thought it was.

I thought about that but that would have eliminated too many buyers here. Technology freaks != Personality (take nutildah for example)

What an asshole.

QA was one of a kind.

It's a rough road ahead. I have some big silly clown shoes to fill. LOL

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:36:06 PM

I thought about that but that would have eliminated too many buyers here. Technology freaks != Personality (take nutildah for example)

What an asshole.

QA was one of a kind.

After doing a linguistic analysis, word usage, and punctuation regression analysys, it is now clear that there are more just the two. 
QA is likely a team of people, that has been definitively narrowed down to a combination of John Nash, Nick Szabo, Taylor Swift, M. Karpales, the young Bob Hope, and Roger Ver.
The gig is up QA, you've been doxxed.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:50:29 PM

I am sure that someone would be willing to buy your account that would meet my criteria, I would probably just need to wait long enough. I have learned that patience is a virtue in the account trading business as waiting for the right buyer (who is willing to pay enough or otherwise) can be quite profitable.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:06:45 PM

What an asshole.

QA was one of a kind.

After doing a linguistic analysis, word usage, and punctuation regression analysys, it is now clear that there are more just the two. 
QA is likely a team of people, that has been definitively narrowed down to a combination of John Nash, Nick Szabo, Taylor Swift, M. Karpales, the young Bob Hope, and Roger Ver.
The gig is up QA, you've been doxxed.

ROFL I'm the new Satoshi.

QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:11:06 PM

I am sure that someone would be willing to buy your account that would meet my criteria, I would probably just need to wait long enough. I have learned that patience is a virtue in the account trading business as waiting for the right buyer (who is willing to pay enough or otherwise) can be quite profitable.

It's hard to believe that people will buy accounts. Is it just to steal from people or are there other motivations? Surly it can't be to impress the great abyss of losers that post on THIS forum.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:22:30 PM

It's hard to believe that people will buy accounts. Is it just to steal from people or are there other motivations? Surly it can't be to impress the great abyss of losers that post on THIS forum.
I am pretty sure you know their motivations - signature campaigns. I am pretty sure I have seen you make lists of people you think are spamming because they have a paid signature (and saying they are being added to your ignore list). I would say that a fairly good number of accounts that participate in a signature campaign were likely sold at one point. (I do think that sig campaigns does add a little bit of spam but not as much as some people claim, but they also add some valuable conversation/discussion - but that is not the point).

I would say that using a purchased account to steal/scam is extremely risky as there are ways to make money off an account in a legit way and if the account is caught attempting a scam then it will lose the majority of it's value. I have seen people say that they have caught "sold" accounts trying to scam however I personally doubt they know for sure that an account was in fact sold for the reasons stated above.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:29:36 PM

I am pretty sure you know their motivations - signature campaigns. I am pretty sure I have seen you make lists of people you think are spamming because they have a paid signature (and saying they are being added to your ignore list). I would say that a fairly good number of accounts that participate in a signature campaign were likely sold at one point. (I do think that sig campaigns does add a little bit of spam but not as much as some people claim, but they also add some valuable conversation/discussion - but that is not the point).

I would say that using a purchased account to steal/scam is extremely risky as there are ways to make money off an account in a legit way and if the account is caught attempting a scam then it will lose the majority of it's value. I have seen people say that they have caught "sold" accounts trying to scam however I personally doubt they know for sure that an account was in fact sold for the reasons stated above.

Can't you just make a bunch of accounts for signature campaigns and save the money used to buy them? Do they pay more for different ranks?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:46:33 PM

Can't you just make a bunch of accounts for signature campaigns and save the money used to buy them? Do they pay more for different ranks?
You can but you would need to wait at least 2 months to become a "member" or ~4 months to become a 'full member' (most campaigns are closed to everyone except full members and above, although PD was open to members for most of it's campaign).

Yes the higher your rank, the more you will generally be able to earn from your signature, mainly because higher ranking members can have bigger/"better" signatures. See this thread for more information about how much more higher ranking members can make.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:52:46 PM

You can but you would need to wait at least 2 months to become a "member" or ~4 months to become a 'full member' (most campaigns are closed to everyone except full members and above, although PD was open to members for most of it's campaign).

Yes the higher your rank, the more you will generally be able to earn from your signature, mainly because higher ranking members can have bigger/"better" signatures. See this thread for more information about how much more higher ranking members can make.

Does the amount you make offset the cost of the account purchase and make it worthwhile? It just seems like a trifling amount of money for the effort.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

Does the amount you make offset the cost of the account purchase and make it worthwhile? It just seems like a trifling amount of money for the effort.
Back in the hayday of the PD campaign you could easily ROI on a senior account with only making a few hundred posts (which is possible to do in one month). After a while PD limited the max paid posts to 400, which made it so you could ROI in one month for a senior and anything you earned any subsequent months would be profit. It was very much worth it back then to be buying accounts.

Now it will take a little bit longer to ROI on your account however you need to do much less work if you are in a signature campaign, as the monthly rates are lower, but the effective rate per post is much higher.

A very few people actually auction off their signature space (I would say that you could probably get a decent "fee" for selling your signature space if you can get past the fact that you promised to never conduct any business with your account) and if they are very well known they can earn a decent amount. Kluge I believe auctioned his signature for 6 months for (I think) .35 BTC while promising to make only 30 posts per month.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:17:06 PM

Back in the hayday of the PD campaign you could easily ROI on a senior account with only making a few hundred posts (which is possible to do in one month). After a while PD limited the max paid posts to 400, which made it so you could ROI in one month for a senior and anything you earned any subsequent months would be profit. It was very much worth it back then to be buying accounts.

Now it will take a little bit longer to ROI on your account however you need to do much less work if you are in a signature campaign, as the monthly rates are lower, but the effective rate per post is much higher.

A very few people actually auction off their signature space (I would say that you could probably get a decent "fee" for selling your signature space if you can get past the fact that you promised to never conduct any business with your account) and if they are very well known they can earn a decent amount. Kluge I believe auctioned his signature for 6 months for (I think) .35 BTC while promising to make only 30 posts per month.

Thanks for the detailed answer. That would never be worth it for me. Kluge auctioned his signature for (at current price) $135 earned over a 6 month period. I'm retired now but when I worked I made more than that in the typical morning, afternoons were better. I suppose if you're a kid looking for a way to make some cash with no other way available it could get you some beer money. If you have the ability to work a part time job then the time involved posting that much for beer money wouldn't be worth the effort.

b4basit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:09:03 AM

still want to sell your account......?

donate 14V9xuWy2fRzchkpK44ZeDbjdJprXLP2qC
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:12:14 PM

23?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: