Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:31:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone with a KNC Jupiter controller board for sale?  (Read 2257 times)
BroTroxer (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:58:19 AM

Does anyone have a spare Jupiter controller board for sale/borrowing, perhaps leftover from module upgrades? I have a dead Jupiter, and KNC is not helpful at all.
If you send me a working controller, I will send you 50% of the profits made (or equivalent in cash/bank transfer) until i get the RMA board (you get at least 15 days worth of mining even if the RMA comes in earlier than expected). If you want the board in return, I will happily mail it back to you. 4 module 550gh/s. PM please.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:04:20 AM

If you have a dead controller board and you haven't hacked it to pieces then standard RMA applies...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:25:01 AM

If you have a dead controller board and you haven't hacked it to pieces then standard RMA applies...

Yes it does. However, standard RMA sucks at this time of year and is "in progress" if you can identify it as progress. Day 6 now and the controller haven't even cleared customs on its way to KNC sweden and is likely to be stuck there until new years. From there it depends how smooth the package will transfer from KNC, back to me. It will be a lot faster (e.g. losing considerably less coins) buying a controller from someone that has a spare right now.

In case anyone is curious, I did try every possible angle to buy a controller, or get an advance RMA, or even cross shipping RMA due to holidays coming up with everything moving slowly. No chance for any resolution except for the regular RMA even offering to pay full price, along with "inconvenience fees". My conclusion is that KNC does honor RMA warranties as they should as a company, but they do not care about their customers at all when there is no way to resolve such an issue without the lengthy wait for replacements. That's why I come on here hoping someone else will help me, while helping themselves to some of the profits.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:30:12 AM

Dude they largely ship returns the same day they receive an RMA, and as the teething issues duet to an expodited delivery and minimal post fab refinement have been put to bed there really is no hold up or queue with RMAs ourside. Customs is completely out of out hands unfortunately...

BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:46:13 AM

Dude they largely ship returns the same day they receive an RMA, and as the teething issues duet to an expodited delivery and minimal post fab refinement have been put to bed there really is no hold up or queue with RMAs ourside. Customs is completely out of out hands unfortunately...

So I was told by the support. Still does nothing for me as I still have to wait for my part to reach KNC before a new one is even considered shipped my way. Easily 10+ wasted days of downtime which could have been easily avoided with a touch of flexibility, such as offering cross shipping when you know it will be a lengthy process both ways.

S**t company with time wasting template answers (customer time, not company time of course) on support.
First day wasted was explaining no leds at all light up anywhere on the controller. Got a template answer on how to recover from SD instead of initiating RMA which might have actually helped getting it through customs on this side of the year. No wonder there is no holdup or queue with RMAs company side.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:48:44 AM

When you bought your Jupiter second hand.
How long have you seen it hashing before you bought it?
Did it ever hash when you turn it on at your place?

BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:04:39 AM

When you bought your Jupiter second hand.
How long have you seen it hashing before you bought it?
Did it ever hash when you turn it on at your place?

It was hashing at least a good half hour while discussing the details of the purchase, going through the interface, pool configurations. Everything appeared good. Then it was disconnected and packed for transport. The controller didn't turn on/light up when I put it up at my place, and I was using the same power supply used earlier as it was part of the deal. Replaced the PSU, same result.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:06:58 AM

How do you call them a shit company for a delay in customs? They have no obligation to preship a replacement, while it would be nice, they are in europe and simply don't have facilities for this here.

That really sounds like something came unplugged. Did you take the controller off, reseat it on the board, look for any blown components? The controller board is simple, the beaglebone is simple and reliable. Did you try a reflash? Hard reset?
Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:07:21 AM

Did the seller have more than 1 Jupiter?
I hope it is not a switch trick

BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:14:23 AM

Did the seller have more than 1 Jupiter?
I hope it is not a switch trick

I could only see 1 Jupiter. I doubt it was a switch trick as I was close to it all the way. The case was still quite warm when i took it to the car too.
BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:20:12 AM

How do you call them a shit company for a delay in customs? They have no obligation to preship a replacement, while it would be nice, they are in europe and simply don't have facilities for this here.

That really sounds like something came unplugged. Did you take the controller off, reseat it on the board, look for any blown components? The controller board is simple, the beaglebone is simple and reliable. Did you try a reflash? Hard reset?

Quite simply because of that. They have no _obligation_ to sell, advance, or cross ship any parts, and they really use that right for what it's worth. No effort at all is shown to help customers unless they are obligated to do so by law. In my eyes that is the definition of a shit company.
Yes, I did check everything, unplugged, replugged. Could not see anything obvious on the controller.

EDIT: Regarding the customs, we both (customer, company) knew there would be a huge delay shipping when customs, postage in general combines with the holidays. They still offer no other option even if all costs can be covered by the customer. That is what is upsetting as a customer. For most other electronic parts you are able to get a cross shipment if you pay the part in full ahead of shipping.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:28:50 AM

They are new at this, and with a year warranty they have a lot to learn. Look at hashfast with the imaginary products that only have a 10 day warranty!

Anyways, further debug attempts are pointless because you already shipped it off, but if anyone else is having issues like this, testing with no ASICs connected and making sure the power supply is producing correct voltage would be a good first step. I can't imagine the controller board failing, and the beaglebones have been extremely reliable since they started production.
BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:32:47 AM

They are new at this, and with a year warranty they have a lot to learn. Look at hashfast with the imaginary products that only have a 10 day warranty!

Anyways, further debug attempts are pointless because you already shipped it off, but if anyone else is having issues like this, testing with no ASICs connected and making sure the power supply is producing correct voltage would be a good first step. I can't imagine the controller board failing, and the beaglebones have been extremely reliable since they started production.

Already done. I was down to trying to power only the controller/beagle itself with no asics attached. Removed power, ribbons. Still nothing. Even removed the beagle to see if there was any LED light, still nothing. The only thing that would actually power with no ASIC attached was the front fans connected to the controller, yet no lights. Remved the fans as well, same result. In conclusion I do believe the controller board did in fact fail. The only single point of failure on the KNC that cannot only cripple the speed, but take out the entire rig.
Easy2Mine

einc.io

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:35:11 AM

I feel sorry for you that your Jupiter didn't work as it should be.
I hope that KnC solve it quickly for you.
I myself have only good experience with this company.

BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:41:51 AM

Thanks, I was of course hoping for something a lot better as it was working great when i picked it up.
Quickly is not going to happen, as explained earlier. Shipping less than 10 days before Christmas is far from ideal.
It is good that most people still have a good experience. I know the shipping times are usually good, but I have lost faith as I've seen how useless they can be when it comes to supporting customers where there could have been a simple solution.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:28:56 AM

Does anyone have a spare Jupiter controller board for sale/borrowing, perhaps leftover from module upgrades? I have a dead Jupiter, and KNC is not helpful at all.
If you send me a working controller, I will send you 50% of the profits made (or equivalent in cash/bank transfer) until i get the RMA board (you get at least 15 days worth of mining even if the RMA comes in earlier than expected). If you want the board in return, I will happily mail it back to you. 4 module 550gh/s. PM please.

Where are you at? I might be able to help...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:23:32 AM

Its stuck in customs how did you ship it? Heck I shipped a package to Europe and it passed customs before it even landed in the airport. Also doing a cross ship or w/e puts risk on them, they ship and you say you did and actually didn't or you ship back a part that was custom hacked and the warranty is voided they don't know what you or the previous owner did to it. If you did buy it from someone else why aren't you talking to them about the RMA?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:14:43 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 09:27:58 AM by Bitcoinorama

Thanks, I was of course hoping for something a lot better as it was working great when i picked it up.
Quickly is not going to happen, as explained earlier. Shipping less than 10 days before Christmas is far from ideal.
It is good that most people still have a good experience. I know the shipping times are usually good, but I have lost faith as I've seen how useless they can be when it comes to supporting customers where there could have been a simple solution.

Hold on the customer support bend over backwards to help people, they are super patient and very good at what they do. Don't listen to all the FUD and purposeful misinformation thrown around on this forum, some people have experienced genuine grief in having an RMA, others aren't real customers just trying to warp peoples view by jumping on a chance to discredit a company. Was everything 100% perfect in the start in Oct? No, nature of the beast with experimental kit sent out ASAP so peeps could reap the reward of having their kit on the network ASAP. From what I've just read above you're not even an OG buyer with a registered account with KnC, you bought this second hand, and they are still honouring the warranty. Not sure how many places are kind enough to do that, I know for a fact Sony doesn't offer warranty on resold products so I cannot see what you have to complain about here. Customs is no ones fault other than your own if it looks suspicious, or bad luck if it's been held up unnessessarily.

On our side it comes in, is checked off the list, and a replacement issued of a repair cannot be performed there and then. I personally was fixing the kit when the initial wave of deliveries commenced. There was a much higher frequency of RMA as the firmware hadn't successfully ironed out the initial kinks at that point. That was quite hard to keep on top of, but now they hae a dedicated team for that and they are very efficient. Peeps have come here and seen it for their own eyes. Some having listened to dumb trolling, blatantly know it's a competant and hardworking team.

You're just venting out of frustration, fair enough, no one wants to see you, or anyone else loose out, but your comments above in this thread are bang out of line dude.

Also here's some advice, I'm not asking anyone to beg, but if you have to call and speak to someone remember they aren't personally responsible for your aggro, and neither are they a human punchbag, speak to them courteously and politely and you'll prob experience a lot less resistance in all walks of life...(especially those sitting on your goods in customs Wink)

BroTroxer (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:51:35 AM

Norway.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:28:22 PM

Norway.

Wouldn't it be easier to fly/drive to Stockholm and do RMA in person versus 10 offline days?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: