Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overcoming block limitation in decentralized network architectures  (Read 141 times)
ProfessorZ (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:54:31 AM

There are many discussions regarding the scalability problems of blockchain implementations and various solutions proposed for effective scaling.

With this post let's dive into what those limitations really imply and where the bottlenecks appear; for example, let's discuss about the concept of transactions independency i.e. 1) an associative property applied to the processing of transactions (considering that transactions that do not depend on one another can be applied in any order because it will result in the same global ledger state) and 2) dismiss the concept of batching transactions into blocks i.e. not forcing the network to agree on blocks of transactions.
elncrow

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 11:01:46 AM

I agree to your points. The scalability is one of the limitations of blockchain system. To have a smoother transaction experience, the blockchain system has to work more on this drawback of theirs.
ProfessorZ (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:47:00 PM

I agree to your points. The scalability is one of the limitations of blockchain system. To have a smoother transaction experience, the blockchain system has to work more on this drawback of theirs.

The problems arise from the architecture so that's why some concepts should be discussed and treated not only from an implementation perspective, but from real world scenarios as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: