Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drafting the first comedian--Josh Blue--to accept bitcoins.  (Read 867 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:45:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1fZ6KLVd-c

Sadly, the cripple (he calls himself that) had to pick up the coins tossed his way while on stage. What if he had an up-to-the-second-bitcoin-wallet-address displayed behind him depicting donated bitcoins, refusing to go on with his act until there's an uptick? In fact, Josh Blue's entire act would consist of how he deals with the latest technological devices. For instance, he got a 3D printer, and the first thing he printed was arm--a left arm that now matches his bad right arm (hand).

~TMIBTCITW
pmelt

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 03:39:46 PM

I'm not sure the point. Are you trying to get him to accept bitcoins for work, merchandise, or just beg for donations on stage? I don't see him mentioning anything about Bitcoins and you're statement is kind of unclear. Do you know him? Is he just a comic you like and you're floating an idea?

"What if he refused to go on until there was an uptick (donation)?"

It would be the worst comedy show of all time. There is absolutely no point in shoe-horning Bitcoin in to places it doesn't practically fit for no reason.

As an eleven year professional comedian, who has talked about Bitcoin on stage for months, I can tell you that having a ticker on stage and holding up a show for Bitcoin donations makes no sense and would be horribly boring and pointless.

Also, as an aside, I announced on my Bitcoin podcast in August that I'd accept Bitcoin for my merchandise and performances in the future. I'll be headlining in San Antonio at the River Center Comedy Club the first week in January. Come buy a CD or t-shirt after my show with BTC! www.pmelt.com

luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:38:23 AM

Phinnaeus Gage thanks for sharing the wonderful story on this forum. It is really interesting one to hear about josh the comedian. Well bitcoin acceptability is rising worldwide soon it will be the king of all other manipulated currencies by central bank. So wait for bitcoins to be the single currency used globally. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: