Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Small Business Owners Guide to Cryptocurrencies Bookkeeping  (Read 595 times)
wiseassociates (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:45:10 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 06:40:35 AM by wiseassociates

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here I go:

Hello,

My name is Connell and I am quite passionate about cryptocurrencies & helping small business owners. I am currently tying to raise money for my book titled: "A Small Business Owners Guide to Cryptocurrencies Bookkeeping"

I want to self publish this book,So that I can maintain my creative control. I need to raise $800 to be able to print copies of my book. Any amount will help. Every little bit counts. I am also looking into making this as an E-Book which will bring the price down some.

The fund I raise on this piggybackr.com will help pay for the Following:
- Editing by a Professional Writer
- Registration with the Library of Congress
- Being granted an ISBN for each copy of the book
- This will allow me to get 10 or so copies of the book printed
- It will also pay for an E-Book to be Printed
- Marketing of the book

I plan on paying for most of the cost of the book my self but as a student I wanted to try and Crowd fund this project to help off set the cost of the book.

Please check out my page: https://www.piggybackr.com/connell_wise/connell-wise-help-me-publish-my-book-fundraiser

I'd love for you to follow my progress or pass this on to your friends or business contacts who might be interested in either sponsoring us or helping spread the word about my fundraiser.

Thank you for your support. It means so much to me.

Please provide you feedback on this post. Even if you feel that it may be a bit harsh. Still inform me please,because I'm always trying to improve my skill and if you see them lacking. Please let me know so I can be aware of them and improve.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:50:29 AM

"as some of you might know"

Your a brand new member? ugh? huh?

Here let me send you thousands!
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:25:13 AM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here I go:

Hello,

My name is Connell Wise and  I am quite passionate about cryptocurrency & helping small business owners for a while now.I am currently working hard to raise money for my book titled: A Small Business Owners Guide to Cryptocurrencies Bookkeeping

This means a lot to me because if I am able to reach my financial goal.I will be able to get the book edited,printed and, marketed. While maintain creative control,verse giving it fully to my publisher. I need to raise $1,610 to be able to Print copies of my Book. Any amount will help. Every little bit counts.

Please check out my page: https://www.piggybackr.com/connell_wise/connell-wise-help-me-publish-my-book-fundraiser

You may also send BTC donation to 1AgroFhxbtDc58auAcZtkJJNBS54Tfwhuf

I'd love for you to follow my progress or pass this on to your friends or business contacts who might be interested in either sponsoring us or helping spread the word about my fundraiser.

Thank you for your support. It means so much to me.

Sincerely,
Connell Wise

So you're writing a book and your grammar is terrible. Good luck. Here's an idea though, why not fund the book yourself? $1610 shouldn't really be too hard to come by as a business owner (presumably a business owner who is at this point taking a salary). Smells of BS this does.

Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:58:19 AM

So you're writing a book and your grammar is terrible. Good luck. Here's an idea though, why not fund the book yourself? $1610 shouldn't really be too hard to come by as a business owner (presumably a business owner who is at this point taking a salary). Smells of BS this does.

I was going to say the same thing about the grammar. It's a cheap shot, but if this is any indication of your marketing endeavors, well, good luck!

I don't understand why you'd need $1610 to get this book out there considering that the subject matter is definitely for a niche market. Wouldn't it be more feasible to release this as a self-published ebook? If businesses are looking to deal with crypto currencies and want to learn more about its accounting procedures, I'm sure they wouldn't mind a digital copy versus a physical one from an actual publisher.

But in all seriousness, good luck in general!
wiseassociates (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:28:25 AM

I don't understand why you'd need $1610 to get this book out there considering that the subject matter is definitely for a niche market. Wouldn't it be more feasible to release this as a self-published ebook? If businesses are looking to deal with crypto currencies and want to learn more about its accounting procedures, I'm sure they wouldn't mind a digital copy versus a physical one from an actual publisher.

But in all seriousness, good luck in general!
[/quote]

Frost000: Thank you for your feedback. Yes it is a bit cheaper to produce an E-Book but you still need to:

-Register the book with the LOC (Library of Congress)
-Buy an ISBN for Each copy of the book that will be sold
-Marketing
-having the book editing by a professional writer.

If I go with the E-Book it would bring the price down to about $800-$900 which I am beginning to think is a better option and maybe just have as only a few  hard copies printed  (10) instead of (32).
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:45:53 AM

Frost000: Thank you for your feedback. Yes it is a bit cheaper to produce an E-Book but you still need to:

-Register the book with the LOC (Library of Congress)
-Buy an ISBN for Each copy of the book that will be sold
-Marketing
-having the book editing by a professional writer.

If I go with the E-Book it would bring the price down to about $800-$900 which I am beginning to think is a better option and maybe just have as only a few  hard copies printed  (10) instead of (32).

You do not need an ISBN to publish on Amazon KDP or the Barnes and Noble Nook thing. Smashwords provides free ISBNs. As far as I know the only problem you'll have with ISBNs is with Apple, but I could be wrong. Why would you need to register the ebook at LOC?

You can do this a lot cheaper than quoted. And at any rate, go back to my first question. You're a business owner. It won't take you long to save a few hundred dollars and front this yourself.

wiseassociates (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:40:33 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 08:20:33 AM by wiseassociates

You do not need an ISBN to publish on Amazon KDP or the Barnes and Noble Nook thing. Smashwords provides free ISBNs. As far as I know the only problem you'll have with ISBNs is with Apple, but I could be wrong. Why would you need to register the ebook at LOC?

You can do this a lot cheaper than quoted. And at any rate, go back to my first question. You're a business owner. It won't take you long to save a few hundred dollars and front this yourself

Yes I do run a small seasonal business but I am also a student getting his BBA. This is were most of the money I make from that goes toward.Paying my tuition in school which is about $38,000 a year. While also pay off my (3) Associates degrees. I know it is not a whole lot of money but I want to try to crowd fund this project. I was also going to give 80% of the money (20% would go to pay my student loans). I raise I was going to use to create a non-profit or scholarship fund. But If I am not able to raise the money I will just do as you said and save up the $800 to do it myself.

From what I research via Lulu.com and other site:

An ISBN is needed to have a book distributed outside of Lulu and entered into the book industry commerce chain.Please keep in mind that each version of a persons book — paperback, hardcover, eBook, or a newly released edition must be assigned a new ISBN to distinguish the title's edition and format.

I understand there are free ISBN but please keep in mind the following:If you received an Free ISBN from Lulu or what every service I use, the ISBN will include Lulu's prefix and Lulu will be listed as the publisher of record. If you assigned an ISBN that you own to the project, your publisher info will be listed.

Here the Break down of the costs:
Having a Professional Editor review the book before sending to the printers $100
ISBN                     $100
Marketing of Book    $100
E-Book Publishing     $200
10 Hard Copies        $100   (10 copies at $10) = $100
Copyright Registration & Library of Congress Control Number $100

According to a few of the self publish site I came a cross there research shows that authors who purchase a self service go onto sell more than double the amount of total copies of their books. This will also help to ensure my book has a professional quality my readers will love.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:53:27 AM

If you are going to write a book, you should work on your spelling first.
wiseassociates (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:22:11 AM

Thank you for your feedback.To answer your question this is why I stated "I will be hiring a Professional Editor to review/edit the book before sending it to the printers."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: