Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:24:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to mining curiosity question w/ bfgminer/pooled mining  (Read 483 times)
louietsang (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:52:18 AM

i'm not expecting to make any money or anything really like that, just trying it out for casual/curious fun

running a HD5770 (thus why i'm not really trying, too weak i would assume) latest ati catalyst drivers as of today 13. something. non overclocked w/ a amd phenom ii 6 core. win 7.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5116/tnpo.png

but does this look about right? using bfgminer tho i'm not using any variables and what not

but if i were to maybe do this like while i sleep/at work what settings should i use/add to the run batch besides server/user/pw to make it more optimal if i were to get more serious with this.

thanks in advanced!
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:07:07 AM

Looks like you are on the way anyways you obvi know how to join a pool  Grin
louietsang (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:28:03 AM

awesome, glad to know i kinda figured things out... this kinda stuff reminds me back then during my computer overclocking days and running prime95 for 24 hours straight and all that cept there's a slight reward, lol.
Nitroshock

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:33:30 AM

Hey, glad to see you're successfully mining.  Congrats!

Your hashrate looks stable, GPU temp is good, reject rate is low, and there are no hardware errors... I believe this is exactly what you want.

While away from your computer, you can increase the intensity ("-I" option) to get a higher hashrate.  Just be careful as this will increase your GPU temp and can make the computer unresponsive (I also use "--auto-fan", "--temp-target", "--temp-overheat", and "--temp-cutoff" when pushing a GPU).

If you get serious, you might want to try mining an alt coin then joining an exchange and converting that coin into bitcoins.  Using a GPU to mine, this should generate more than mining bitcoins directly and you might be pleasantly surprised when it actually turns profitable.

If you do mine an alt coin, make sure to add the "--scrypt" option if it is scrypt based (most alt coins are).

Anyway, looks good.  Congrats again and good luck!
louietsang (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:00:12 AM

Hey, glad to see you're successfully mining.  Congrats!

Your hashrate looks stable, GPU temp is good, reject rate is low, and there are no hardware errors... I believe this is exactly what you want.

While away from your computer, you can increase the intensity ("-I" option) to get a higher hashrate.  Just be careful as this will increase your GPU temp and can make the computer unresponsive (I also use "--auto-fan", "--temp-target", "--temp-overheat", and "--temp-cutoff" when pushing a GPU).

If you get serious, you might want to try mining an alt coin then joining an exchange and converting that coin into bitcoins.  Using a GPU to mine, this should generate more than mining bitcoins directly and you might be pleasantly surprised when it actually turns profitable.

If you do mine an alt coin, make sure to add the "--scrypt" option if it is scrypt based (most alt coins are).

Anyway, looks good.  Congrats again and good luck!

thanks you and thanks for all the tips!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: